May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 and @supernatural103 Thanks, it was a bit scary. He was so angry that my dad had to inject him while I held him. He would've attacked those people if they did it. They will probably never visit us again - an aggressive dog and a gate closing on their car...a place to stay away from!

Yeah, it can be difficult to experience, especially if you're not trained to deal with those kinds of things.
    We have another GSD that comes to our clinic, who also boards with us, that has recently gotten aggressive with everyone but me. For whatever reason, this dog loves me. The techs and vets have ended up having to have me go into the room with the owner to muzzle him (I'm the only one who he'll let do it) and bring him into our treatment area so I can hold him and let the get examine him. He'll still get a little growly with the vet, but I basically can just tell him 'no' and he'll settle down. They've also had me give him his vaccines (which at our clinic, assistants aren't supposed to do), because I can poke him without a muzzle or anyone holding him. No clue why this dog will react so strongly to other people, but at least I'm able to get his stuff done. :sweat_smile:
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. How's it going today?

Hi @Bugsie2016 ! It's going good for me - busy day ahead. I have a training class with my pup, have to get my critters cages cleaned, then go to work.
    How about you?

Good. Making a pinterest board from the POV of one of my characters. (It started out as me just picking things she likes but turned into things she would choose.) I might link it for people to have a look if they want.

Oh, cool! I have get to get into Pinterest, but my younger sister's on it all the time. Makes me feel old (even though I'm in my early 20's lol).

I'm going to link it because I spent way too long on this thing to not share it. :)Here

That's so cool! Super in love with that foot tatt. Ugh, now I really want to go and get my second tattoo (too broke right now).

Hi @Bugsie2016 ! It's going good for me - busy day ahead. I have a training class with my pup, have to get my critters cages cleaned, then go to work.
    How about you?

Good. Making a pinterest board from the POV of one of my characters. (It started out as me just picking things she likes but turned into things she would choose.) I might link it for people to have a look if they want.

Oh, cool! I have get to get into Pinterest, but my younger sister's on it all the time. Makes me feel old (even though I'm in my early 20's lol).

i feel old when people call me maam.

I just had a client call me ma'am the other day. :bawling:

since i'm currently healing from wisdom tooth surgery no custer interactions for a few weeks,

the week before sugery a cuatomer yelled at me cause a game broke. who told him to keep swiping the card on it?

then today i got another who was upset cause his kid not a employee spilled his drink (alchol) and he wanted a new drink so

to recap i got yelled at my last day there and my secons day back. i had just clocked back in from my break i just hadn't gone back in the kitchen yet.

Oh, that's no fun! Drives me nuts when customers yell at my receptionists. Like, they're just doing their jobs. I'm sorry you thought it was okay to be 20 minutes late for your 30 minute appointment. Or decide you need to leave 15 minutes into your appointment so you can go to your dinner reservations. Nobody made you schedule at that time! Figure it out! :angry:
    and Brian brought me a giant cookie i can't even eat til the 28th. he didn't know i had oral surgery.

I now really want a cookie.

what do you do again? not sure if i asked already and forgot or i never asked.. the joys of antibiotics my nemory comes and goes.

they would be done already but i work in a restraunt so i decided work days were the best days to be drugged :):)

I work at a vet clinic, as an assistant. Basically, I'm in charge of keeping the clinic running. :lol: I keep things clean, help restrain animals so my techs can give vaccines/treatments/etc. I also answer the phones when my receptionists get too busy, take care of in-hospital patients, and any animal boarding with us.

i was right. i knew that blame the meds. i decied to use my antibiotics from dental sugry on wordays, but they make me forget things just litle things,

Always blame the meds! :lol: Aren't antibiotics supposed to be taken daily? Or is it different for people than it is for dogs/cats?
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 and @supernatural103 Thanks, it was a bit scary. He was so angry that my dad had to inject him while I held him. He would've attacked those people if they did it. They will probably never visit us again - an aggressive dog and a gate closing on their car...a place to stay away from!

Yeah, it can be difficult to experience, especially if you're not trained to deal with those kinds of things.
    We have another GSD that comes to our clinic, who also boards with us, that has recently gotten aggressive with everyone but me. For whatever reason, this dog loves me. The techs and vets have ended up having to have me go into the room with the owner to muzzle him (I'm the only one who he'll let do it) and bring him into our treatment area so I can hold him and let the get examine him. He'll still get a little growly with the vet, but I basically can just tell him 'no' and he'll settle down. They've also had me give him his vaccines (which at our clinic, assistants aren't supposed to do), because I can poke him without a muzzle or anyone holding him. No clue why this dog will react so strongly to other people, but at least I'm able to get his stuff done. :sweat_smile:

How about you?

I'm going to link it because I spent way too long on this thing to not share it. :)Here

That's so cool! Super in love with that foot tatt. Ugh, now I really want to go and get my second tattoo (too broke right now).

How about you?

since i'm currently healing from wisdom tooth surgery no custer interactions for a few weeks,

the week before sugery a cuatomer yelled at me cause a game broke. who told him to keep swiping the card on it?

then today i got another who was upset cause his kid not a employee spilled his drink (alchol) and he wanted a new drink so

to recap i got yelled at my last day there and my secons day back. i had just clocked back in from my break i just hadn't gone back in the kitchen yet.

Oh, that's no fun! Drives me nuts when customers yell at my receptionists. Like, they're just doing their jobs. I'm sorry you thought it was okay to be 20 minutes late for your 30 minute appointment. Or decide you need to leave 15 minutes into your appointment so you can go to your dinner reservations. Nobody made you schedule at that time! Figure it out! :angry:
    and Brian brought me a giant cookie i can't even eat til the 28th. he didn't know i had oral surgery.

what do you do again? not sure if i asked already and forgot or i never asked.. the joys of antibiotics my nemory comes and goes.

they would be done already but i work in a restraunt so i decided work days were the best days to be drugged :):)

I work at a vet clinic, as an assistant. Basically, I'm in charge of keeping the clinic running. :lol: I keep things clean, help restrain animals so my techs can give vaccines/treatments/etc. I also answer the phones when my receptionists get too busy, take care of in-hospital patients, and any animal boarding with us.

i was right. i knew that blame the meds. i decied to use my antibiotics from dental sugry on wordays, but they make me forget things just litle things,

Always blame the meds! :lol: Aren't antibiotics supposed to be taken daily? Or is it different for people than it is for dogs/cats?

yes they are. but if i use them on workdays i forget i'm there.
  • Options
    plus its a restraunt full of kids so for me anyway i feel more secure knowing i have them on work days.
  • Options

How about you?

How about you?

plus its a restraunt full of kids so for me anyway i feel more secure knowing i have them on work days.

Gotcha! Lol, I could not stand working with a bunch of kids. Kids drive me nuts. We have so many people who will leave their kids up in the front lobby area while they go into the exam room with their pet.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Need some input on a name for a major alternative metal/goth rock record label.
    What sounds better- StrychNine Records or Opium Rose Discs? I'm keen on StrychNine but Opium Rose sounds good too...
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    What sounds better- StrychNine Records or Opium Rose Discs? I'm keen on StrychNine but Opium Rose sounds good too...

I like the latter option!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member

I have to say I like Opium Rose Discs myself.
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Good morning, writer's lounge.

I hope everyone's day is going well. I have my first McGinnis Monday update. I am going to be trying to stick to this schedule of a upload a week for each of my series, this one and the Spirit Guardian, which will be updated on Saturdays. Between work and sick toddlers though luck hasn't exactly been on my side. We'll see...

But for now...I've got one upload for today.

2.23 Love By Any Other Name
    0_Valentine%2527s%2BMorning.png

I hope you'll check it out and also help me decide the name of the first possible heir. There's a link to a google document vote at the end of the chapter. Thanks to all of you who read this regularly or even those who check in on occasion. I really appreciate it. :smile:
  • Options

How about you?

How about you?

Gotcha! Lol, I could not stand working with a bunch of kids. Kids drive me nuts. We have so many people who will leave their kids up in the front lobby area while they go into the exam room with their pet.

i need them to deal with the adults. i told you about my last day before and my second day back ,which was yesterday.

my new favorite word there is no. lol which i get away with for now BECAUSE of the antibiotics. but yeah its parents gone wild. nobody even say please anymore they just demand what they want when they want it.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm trying to mezmorise a story so I don't rely on reading from the paper for the talent show at program on Thursday. But I don't know why I like Mat Guion's original story.. but I just do
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member

Opium Rose Records would have the alliteration advantage :wink:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member

Opium Rose Records would have the alliteration advantage :wink:

Oooh, I'll run with that. Thanks, everyone :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    It's not too late to join in Book Club this week! We're discussing an awesome story by @CathyTea. Let's keep the spirit of Christmas going all year long. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Just got back from training class with my pup, and we've passed Level 4! Only Level 5 left! :D This one took us ages to complete, it was a difficult one! To pass, Dex had to
    -be cued to go lay on his mat & stay there for 2 minutes while I walk a circle around him
    -sit & wait as I open and step through a door before being called through
    -walk with a loose-leash past a difficult distraction (someone holding treats out for him)
    -be recalled away from a difficult distraction (someone feeding him peanut butter!)
    To top it all off, he's completely deaf! So proud of how far we've come. :love:
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Just got back from training class with my pup, and we've passed Level 4! Only Level 5 left! :D This one took us ages to complete, it was a difficult one! To pass, Dex had to
    -be cued to go lay on his mat & stay there for 2 minutes while I walk a circle around him
    -walk with a loose-leash past a difficult distraction (someone holding treats out for him)
    -be recalled away from a difficult distraction (someone feeding him peanut butter!)

That is so amazing! I wonder if, being deaf, his focus, bond, and attention toward you are heightened?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    CathyTea wrote: »

That is so amazing! I wonder if, being deaf, his focus, bond, and attention toward you are heightened?

why don't you look it up? lol

ducks before sissy throws something at me.

for newbies i think have at least 1 cathtea and i run the writers lounge as cohosts together but we met in the mega thread 4 yrs ago. we often refer to each other as sis or sissy. and i'm the younger one so i tell her its my job to tease her. also when i ask her something she often says look it up so i couldn't resist.
  • Options

@CathyTea In some aspects, I definitely think his attention towards me is heightened. He can read my body language so well, and knows when I want him to stick close to me, and when it's okay for him to wander around. On the other hand, he's still really puppy-ish, so his attention span and focus can be very fleeting! :lol:

for newbies i think have at least 1 cathtea and i run the writers lounge as cohosts together but we met in the mega thread 4 yrs ago. we often refer to each other as sis or sissy. and i'm the younger one so i tell her its my job to tease her. also when i ask her something she often says look it up so i couldn't resist.

@friendsfan367 I have a younger sister, and we drive each other nuts! Pretty much constant teasing when we're together.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options

@CathyTea In some aspects, I definitely think his attention towards me is heightened. He can read my body language so well, and knows when I want him to stick close to me, and when it's okay for him to wander around. On the other hand, he's still really puppy-ish, so his attention span and focus can be very fleeting! :lol:

@friendsfan367 I have a younger sister, and we drive each other nuts! Pretty much constant teasing when we're together.

i'm the oldest in my family. when we started the lounge the subject somehow came up so we started refering to each other that way. the look it up part is also true thats why i couldn't resist. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    @CathyTea here's a funny there-I'm memorising Matt's "The Story" for Thursday and I realized today that with my SimLit's "history projects" based on real life events- basically i'm doing exactly what Matt's "The Story" is telling me to do.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea here's a funny there-I'm memorising Matt's "The Story" for Thursday and I realized today that with my SimLit's "history projects" based on real life events- basically i'm doing exactly what Matt's "The Story" is telling me to do.

You and Matt are definitely on the same wave-length! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey all, dropping in a new Kass update today. One mystery solved... 99 to go. Just kidding... :D well maybe. :p

1.50 Explanation

Enjoy!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

How about you?

Riley is actually getting another one in story at some point. But deciding when I want to do it. But for now she only has the one. Actually on another note, I might post another chapter of BL soon actually because she's one of my favourite sims. The other being one of my LL Sims.

Could you post links to your stories for me? I'm on mobile, and it's a pain to hunt them down. :weary: But I'd love to give them a read!

Sure:
    https://thepeopleofthelighttribestory.wordpress.com
    https://bugsie2016blog.wordpress.com
    https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com
    https://whatarewereallymadeofstory.wordpress.com

Thanks! I'll go bookmark them. :smile:
    Hope you enjoy them...or at least like them a little. :)
  • Options
    i found the orginal benders!
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited February 2019
    For anyone who reads LL and likes Cani (*) (I know there's at least CathyTea in here from her responses before now), I'll just leave some pics of Cani and their (eventual) youngest son, Brayden. (I'm playing with them and their kids in a different save to my ll story one and found these pics from a few weeks ago.)
    tumblr_pn4vbyiiB41y6bnzeo4_1280.png
    tumblr_pn4vh9Ae1d1y6bnzeo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pmmqeiMe8K1y6bnzeo1_540.png
    tumblr_pmmqbcbj4i1y6bnzeo2_540.png
    * Cani is the nickname I gave to my couple consisting of Connor and Dani Modiek.

(Btw, the pics will look different slightly as the first two have reshade and the others were just edited to look that way.)
  • Options
    For anyone who reads LL and likes Cani (*) (I know there's at least CathyTea in here from her responses before now), I'll just leave some pics of Cani and their (eventual) youngest son, Brayden. (I'm playing with them and their kids in a different save to my ll story one and found these pics from a few weeks ago.)
    tumblr_pn4vbyiiB41y6bnzeo4_1280.png
    tumblr_pn4vh9Ae1d1y6bnzeo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pmmqeiMe8K1y6bnzeo1_540.png
    tumblr_pmmqbcbj4i1y6bnzeo2_540.png
    * Cani is the nickname I gave to my couple consisting of Connor and Dani Modiek.

(Btw, the pics will look different slightly as the first two have reshade and the others were just edited to look that way.)

Now that is so sweet. And they are one of my all-time favorite SimLit couples!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top