Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Well, the sims ... mainly. :D

I was totally pleased with myself when I remembered that agricolae (farmer's) was a genitive in the first declension despite being a male noun on a recent quiz. Nevermind that I probably missed half a point for getting boy (puer) wrong. :s

AC: Odyssey is AMAAAAAAZING!! I totes picked Kassandra, and was tickled pink when I found out she's the canon character. (Take that Alexios Deimos) Of course, what little free time I have between all the other things I gotta do (plus the pony and I are aiming for an endurance ride in November), I'm now plastered to the game, so my Sim time has been curtailed. Ancient Greece is just too pretty for me to say no, right now. I sailed all the way to Delos to see Apollo's shrine because I can, and then booked it to Delphi to plum off the Pythia. (Whoot, open world!)

Mainly :D
    Well, yes, you know. We learn the Latin names of 50-70 pharmaceutical and poisonous plants but have no idea what boy means. Let's discuss what one needs more in life :D

Yes, the nature in the new AC is just so beautiful I want to live there forever :bawling: And at finding out that Ithaka is just a stone's throw away from the starting point... The guy whose gameplay I watch was like "yeah let's take that veil of Penelope and disappear" and me, screaming at the screen for him to stop and at least take a closer look. Yes it's ruins, but it's also Odysseus' palace! :scream:
    Bahaha, poor Pythia :D
    Is endurance ride something like a marathon for horses. That sounds fun for you and work for your Hafi :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I have been meaning to write a response to the chapter I just couldn't put it into words. To put it simply It was great and I enjoyed it. The temple itself was beautifully done. The lighting gave of the feel of fires lighting the place without windows. Just overall it is beautiful.

I feel bad for Io and Iasion. They just wanted to see their son and be happy. I liked seeing how everyone interacted with each other. It shows how each character perceives themselves and how they interact with their world. What the future holds for Penthesia's tribe will be interesting.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, well the way you say it it definitely sounds like a good thing to be speachless! :p
    Thank you so much! There was indeed a lot of work in building and each of the temple pics was edited to remove weird in-game shadows and create a torch-like lighting. So glad it paid out for you! :smiley:
    I feel bad for them, too. Like you said, they just want to know their son is happy - which is nothing less than the most natural feeling for parents.
    From here on, the plot will rely heavily on different characters' personality and actions so hopefully, you will have your fun with it!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    If you have some time at hand and would like to discuss DoW in between the chapters (there won't be one any time soon, I'm sorry. Uni is mean atm :'( ), you can take a look at the Book club thread. It's DoW's turn to be discussed this week and after spending half of the time in lab, I'm now finally present there as well to answer your questions and torment you with mine in return :p
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Hello everyone! I hope you're not going through too much stress before Christmas and have time to enjoy all those beautiful lights and glittery decoration. At least I finally got a bit of time off now to get myself into Christmas mode :p And eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.
    At the same occasion, I come bearing apologies for the long wait while asking you to still hold out for a little longer (well, maybe a bit longer than a little :# ). The next chapter is progressing slowly but steadily (a third written) and will be the longest so far. 3,000 or even more words but we should refrain from splitting it up yet again for important things will happen... ;)

So as an apology and sign that this story's not dead, here are Serkon's kids in full-grown form. From left to right: Oiax (the youngest), Lyta and Kaletor!

2dqivys.png

P.S. Also, the casting call characters' roles have been updated and are pretty final now - so if you're interested how your sim is doing, take a look!
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I made this quiz for everyone to see how much we all remember about DoW. :)Here's the link.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I made this quiz for everyone to see how much we all remember about DoW. :)Here's the link.

:open_mouth: I can't believe I answered all questions correctly.
    You should make a Heffners quiz too, Bugs. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I was tempted to. Might do it now. xD
  • Options

Oh, um. That is embarrassing, now because I had one mistake :D Can we all agree on just keeping our mouths shut about that? :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

Oh, um. That is embarrassing, now because I had one mistake :D Can we all agree on just keeping our mouths shut about that? :#

Hehe, I had one in the quiz Bugsie made for my story, so I guess we both can close our eyes over that. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Wooohh I made 6/7 right :D
    And that with my troubles remembering all the names correctly xD
  • Options
    The chapter is still in work but @Bugsie2016 's Vince is keeping me obsessed with giving everyone armors after his fit so well...
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    That looks so awesome :scream: (as always :D )
    That legs tho
    Vince sure knows how to groom himself :smirk:
  • Options
    The chapter is still in work but @Bugsie2016 's Vince is keeping me obsessed with giving everyone armors after his fit so well...

Maybe I shouldn't have given you Vince to do whatever with... :lol:
    Damaro wrote: »
    That legs tho

If you're talking about his lack of leg hair, that's a genetic thing. Runs in the family. (AKA the story he's from is the one where I don't use body hair cc so he didn't have any. MrsRacooney could have added some without it bothering me but you know...didn't. :tongue: )
  • Options
    That legs tho

We should acknowledge that he's actually a super secret time traveler so he surely knows how to care for those muscular legs! B) However, it might just be the case that he has a chest tattoo that is incompatible with body hair :s Same thing applies to Serkon, too for until I've found those ankle tattoo body hairs again

Maybe I shouldn't have given you Vince to do whatever with... :lol:

Phhh, now just convince me of that you don't like seeing him in action :p
    That legs tho

If you're talking about his lack of leg hair, that's a genetic thing. Runs in the family. (AKA the story he's from is the one where I don't use body hair cc so he didn't have any. MrsRacooney could have added some without it bothering me but you know...didn't. :tongue: )

See! It's all the genetics! You can't go against the genes!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I'm caught up!!!!!!! *confetti*
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    I'm caught up!!!!!!! *confetti*

Whoooot! :smiley: Welcome back in the presence! :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Sooo, since it troubled me too much to have a half finished chapter rot in the draft section, let's put it out here (fully finished, of course even though split in two halfs again. Please direct any complaints to my professor :p )

If we remember the last events, they will tell us that Penthesilea finally found Io, and Iasion, and Deia and they preferred to stay in the temple rather than coming home with her (ugh, rude!). And when our queen woke from peaceful slumber, said peace left her again all of a sudden because she had some kind of groundbreaking revelation moment!

So naturally, chapter 52 accompanies Penthesilea on her quest to take precaution against whatever (whoever?) may lurk in the shadows.

14tx8h3.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    OMG! /rubs eyes
    A new chapter! :scream:

The plot thickens, it is time for the showdown.
    Epic Rap battle of history: Penthesilea v. Zeuxippe!

btw, how comes the toddlers in this pic are so different in size? :open_mouth:
    hug-the-writer-sticker06-kaletor-and-oiax-as-toddlers-07-02-19-10-50-53_orig.png
  • Options
    OMG! /rubs eyes
    A new chapter! :scream:

The plot thickens, it is time for the showdown.
    Epic Rap battle of history: Penthesilea v. Zeuxippe!

btw, how comes the toddlers in this pic are so different in size? :open_mouth:

Ha! Penny would be glad if a rap battle was the only thing she's currently fearing :lol: And a showdown it is indeed, the main conflict will be ended this way or the other soon! Or maybe there isn't a conflict at all, Penny's halluzinating and Alexander just wanted them to invite to a costume party?

The different sizes are a combination of a pose that was made for that different size and this mod for height presets for toddlers.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Hurray! So excited to see a new chapter. <3<3
    Can't wait to read the next chapter! Sending good vibes to speed the process. ;)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, it was a big surprise to me! I'm very glad you could update your story <3
    Somehow I have a bad feeling that it will not end well :neutral: Sure, it was good to see that Amazon realized who is her true friend and let herself to be a human. But all this situation... I don't like it :#
  • Options
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Hurray! So excited to see a new chapter. <3<3
    Can't wait to read the next chapter! Sending good vibes to speed the process. ;)

Yes, I can't wait either to finally get it done! Only two more weeks to go and I'll have a bit more time to breathe, write and screenshot *phew* It's almost safe to say the next chapter won't take three and a half months to find its way to you :D
    Oh, it was a big surprise to me! I'm very glad you could update your story <3
    Somehow I have a bad feeling that it will not end well :neutral: Sure, it was good to see that Amazon realized who is her true friend and let herself to be a human. But all this situation... I don't like it :#

It's also so good to be back! :smiley: I haven't really missed my characters in between all that work until going ingame and seeing them in pixelated flesh and blood :bawling: It was like a happy family reunion (only that I was the only happy one lol)
    That's so insightful of you to say! What does it say about Penthesilea that the first person she'd seek out for help was Serkon and not even Boras? And that she allowed herself to have half of a breakdown in front of him? It seems you know her better than she herself ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    All caught up and ready for MOAR.
    /poke
    /leaves cookies
    /tickle
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    All caught up and ready for MOAR.
    /poke
    /leaves cookies
    /tickle

*tackles Froots* (You can't expect we won't hurt you in our excessive joy to have you back, right? :p ) Squeeeee!
    Cookies! Cookies always work for bribery, especially since the ones my parents have here atm are disgusting. Disgusting cookies. Did anyone know such thing could even exist :o
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26