Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited February 2019
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    All of this talk about a Sims 5 coming out. Would someone please direct me to where EA or the Sims franchise has confirmed this? I'm reading these comments and some of you are actually planning for this "upcoming" game. How disappointed will you guys be if this never happens?

This is the speculation forum. Any talk of Sims 5 is just that - speculation.
    Either way, there's no reason why there wouldn't be a Sims 5. We may not know when it'll happen but I don't see any harm in people discussing their wants for the next game, especially if the current game isn't satisfying to them. ^^

Many of these comments go beyond speculation. Any new member who reads these comments will most likely think the same. I get the fact that everyone wants the Sims to keep going-so do I. But I am trying to be real and not speculate. I choose to enjoy what I am playing in the present and of course the past. Just my thoughts....
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I’ll gladly take a Sims 5.

When The Sims 4 was originally planned as a weird, online failure of a game, it fragmented the base game entirely — defeating the point of even making a successor. The whole purpose of a base game is to start off on a clean slate that is superior to its predecessor, and has more room for potential down the line. The Sims 4 started off behind the base games of the past with some of the most boring and uninspired core gameplay of any Sims game. Honestly — it plays just like a recycled The Sims 2, missing the immense depth and detail in simulation, gameplay, and objects that TS2 was renowned for.

All Sims games come to an end. Happened 3 times before. It’s just part of playing this franchise. And if there’s any Sims game that deserves to be a part of this cycle more, it’s The Sims 4.

I’d be far more interested and inclined to buy into this franchise again when they develop a proper successor that starts off as a single player life sim continuing from TS2/TS3, with the best of both, and more.

Best post ever! Although I think I'd much rather a new publisher would make a sims type game with a fresh outlook combining the best of sims 2 and 3, as EA simply doesn't care about it's customers anymore. Look at all the franchises\publishers they have destroyed over the years and what they have done to Will Wright's baby to date. One could only wish he himself would start up a new company of his own and publish an all new Sims game, it would be amazing! He had an amazing vision and cared more about the modding community and the players\creators, EA only cares about FIFA and lining their pockets with microtransactions right now sadly. There was a time we all mattered and our thoughts, ideas and suggestions as a whole were listened to, but those days are long gone. EA will do whats in their best interest, not ours. One can only hope that the future holds a sims game we can all be happy with. :)

**edit** sp correction
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I play Sims 4 solely to spend time with my two favorite Sims, because I'm so attached to them. They won't be in a future Sims game, so I have no reason to wish for one. I will probably shed a tear or an ocean the day it is announced that Sims 4 will no longer be supported.

not like they will take the game away from you.

They never took TS3 away from anyone and TS3 is still booming! Ten years old and still outshines TS4 with our CASt, Open World and cars while not forgetting CAW and the fact that you can actually edit apartments!

Also did I forget to mention horses? Babies that you can move from the crib? Elders and teens who are not adult clones?

TS3 is going nowhere and neither are the players!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I would gladly see a sims5. While sims4 is impressive I feel that the engine is on it's last legs, only a few lots in the latest expansion hints that the game is probably becoming too difficult and restrictive to work with. Imagine what they could do with a new engine that allowed for multiple worlds, that you could customize and add and remove as many lots as you want.

A game that would allow for more complex mechanics would be great too, active careers, restaurants, clinics just feels like slight variants of the same mechanics, probably because the game cannot handle anything more complex. Imagine if the game had an actual working AI that actually did the tasks needed on the lots, instead of just pretending, and with a working economy where your sims would earn money in the world realistically. Buying, selling ownership of lots or rooms. You could more easily create lots like hotels, cinemas etc. with that.

Right now I feel that sims 4 is a nice, relaxing game to play but it does not offer anything complex, I would love to see the next sims game go that route.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @logion I'd love to see Sims 5 go that route too. Oh how epic would that be! :smiley:

BTW, your Avatar Sim is a hottie. :love:

:p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @logion It is a shame that as you mention TS4’s engine is on its last legs yet they have decided to keep it going for a couple more years. TS4 should end this year!

So much for progression

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @logion I'd love to see Sims 5 go that route too. Oh how epic would that be! :smiley:

BTW, your Avatar Sim is a hottie. :love:

:p

Thanks, it is my selfsim that I made.
  • Options
    @logion It is a shame that as you mention TS4’s engine is on its last legs yet they have decided to keep it going for a couple more years. TS4 should end this year!

So much for progression

I could be wrong, however I seem to recall that people have posted on the forum before that a dev had mentioned that they can't make larger worlds like Windenburg any longer in the game. And my guess why that is is because they are running out of how much the game can handle.

They have said that they will support the game for three more years though, so there will probably still be a lot of content.
  • Options
    @logion There can still be more content but in a smaller proportion than before. A bit like how Pets missed out on the horses. I would have expected more animals in a pets EP but as this is about TS4 you will get less than the predecessor.

No chance of a farm EP then!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2019
    @LiELF I wish I could click Like and Awesome for your post! I doubt if this forum would exist at all if we didn't have Sims 4 as well. All posts would be on Twitter and Instagram for the mobile and Xbox etc., games.
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I love TS3, so I'm ready for TS5. Give me an open world with all the good things from all Sims games.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am also ready for the sims5 reason will also bring different challenges to players that played since the sims1
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    TheLostNightshadeTheLostNightshade Posts: 35 Member
    I don't know about the rest of you, (but I probably do, since I just scrolled through) but I really do want a TS5, just as much as I want for The Sims franchise to skyrocket and last for an extremely long time. No offense to Electronic Arts, but if TS4 plummets, that could be the end of the line of the franchise. Creating The Sims 5 could really turn out to be a huge hit, and could keep The Sims in the green for a long time, given they really do it right, completely filled with basically everything Simmers want in a new game.

They just have to play their cards right, and they'll be set. But this is just my opinion, and I can't control what anyone thinks about this. However, I know for a fact that something good will happen for The Sims franchise. I just know it.
    What? You-- I-- That doesn't even make any sense! Of course, Miles and Kiki have a great sibling selfie.
    p.png?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3
    TheLostNightshade: My best fwiend.
  • Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, (but I probably do, since I just scrolled through) but I really do want a TS5, just as much as I want for The Sims franchise to skyrocket and last for an extremely long time. No offense to Electronic Arts, but if TS4 plummets, that could be the end of the line of the franchise. Creating The Sims 5 could really turn out to be a huge hit, and could keep The Sims in the green for a long time, given they really do it right, completely filled with basically everything Simmers want in a new game.

They just have to play their cards right, and they'll be set. But this is just my opinion, and I can't control what anyone thinks about this. However, I know for a fact that something good will happen for The Sims franchise. I just know it.

Well said!

The thing is TS4 has plummeted and has done since day one. Trying to give it set dressing has not really resolved the issues that players still come across.

I mean I just heard that there is a new patch of some sort and a few players have already expressed how there are still not fixes for long standing bugs.

The thing is TS4 should end this year. They should have started on TS5 earlier and end this TS4 disapointment. I don't care about people whinging about TS4 not having everything yet. Well I expected the game to be watered down from the start so I expected empty and unfinished EPs to follow. I am not the one missing out here but also why should the series be denied of progression?

TS4 should end this year and TS5 should be launched. We should not be left with watching the can big kicked down the road any longer

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Game development takes a long time, sims5 is most likely already getting worked on right now. When they said that sims4 has three more years of planned content, what I read was "give us three more years to work on a sequel."
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If there is a Sims 5 in the works that's all good but I hope EA/Maxis take their time over it to make it a first time hit and not suffer a SimCity type demise shortly after it comes out. In the meantime I am very happy to finish the collection of Sims 4 packs as it has been a slow grower but is now a very enjoyable game for me to play with.

These sort of threads will still be running in 2 to 3 years time I expect. I doubt if EA will want to lose it's dominance of this type of game to others so it's hopeful they'll go on. I expect it would be very different again from all the other iterations and upset half it's players again! It's a case of be careful what you wish for. :):)
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    TS5 can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Having said that though, I don't want them to rush the production of TS5 like I feel they did with TS4. I would much rather wait another 2 to 3 years for the release of a really well done TS5 then get a rushed product laden with bugs and performance issues. As well as missing content, because they didn't take the needed time to produce a complete and well thought out product. In the meantime, I can get my sims fix playing TS3.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    If they've done TS4 this badly, then I don't have high hopes for TS5.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    edited February 2019
    If they've done TS4 this badly, then I don't have high hopes for TS5.

I agree. I still have hope, but, realistically, I seriously doubt that TS5 will be my type of game. Nor a game that is stable and done well.
  • Options
    @logion True but I wish they had started work on TS5 around 2015/ 2016 when it was clear that TS4 was going to move slowly. I am disappointed with how the series has been dragged out the past few years
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I only went through a few posts, but I like what I'm seeing.I added a few insightfuls and awesomes. I did this because I'm so happy to hear that others feel the same way that I do. I'm sure that EA will see these comments. We are the ones who are putting money in their pockets so I'm sure that they'll be pleased to see that not all is lost. TS5 can be the best one yet; If they take it slow, do it right and please make it an open world. Thank you Loanet for this thread.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    At this point I don't think they're capable of making the Sims 5 any better than the rest of the series. Pretty much the Sims just went downhill after the Sims 2.
  • Options
    TheLostNightshadeTheLostNightshade Posts: 35 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Yeah, you understand what I'm getting at, correct? In the case that The Sims 5 really is an official decision, Electronic Arts should stick to the age-old saying: "Give the people what they want." Maybe some revisits at previous expansion packs... They could combine both TS3 & TS4 and add much, much more to actually give TS5 a good headstart.
    What? You-- I-- That doesn't even make any sense! Of course, Miles and Kiki have a great sibling selfie.
    p.png?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3
    TheLostNightshade: My best fwiend.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2019

Well said!

The thing is TS4 has plummeted and has done since day one. Trying to give it set dressing has not really resolved the issues that players still come across.

I mean I just heard that there is a new patch of some sort and a few players have already expressed how there are still not fixes for long standing bugs.

The thing is TS4 should end this year. They should have started on TS5 earlier and end this TS4 disapointment. I don't care about people whinging about TS4 not having everything yet. Well I expected the game to be watered down from the start so I expected empty and unfinished EPs to follow. I am not the one missing out here but also why should the series be denied of progression?

TS4 should end this year and TS5 should be launched. We should not be left with watching the can big kicked down the road any longer

While a lot of people are profoundly disappointed with TS4 (I am not, but I fully acknowledge others are), I'm not sure how someone can state that it's plummeted. It's gotten better in a myriad of ways. It's doing very well in terms of sales and popularity, and there are many posts of earnings statements/units sold that support this. As well, there have been numerous official statements that it is continuing for years.

So, while in your mind it "should" end this year, the truth is, the game is doing well and will continue for a while.