Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February 2nd Pre Gamepack Patch Speculation 2019 (Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Any words?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Any words?

Not yet but I think the Feb Patch is going to be a Pre Gamepack Patch but then I'm just guessing. There may not be a Gamepack coming in Feb.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I hope they add an online dating system like we had in Sims 3 and fix the stinky leaf piles.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope it's a Gamepack in February, and the Patch is a pre-Gamepack patch that also has some bugfixes.
    About what type of Gamepack it will be, I would personally want Witches, but I believe it is still too early for that. But I'll take any game pack at this point.

That being said, While I hope it's a Gamepack, I'm not even really expecting a patch.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I hope it's a Gamepack in February, and the Patch is a pre-Gamepack patch that also has some bugfixes.
    About what type of Gamepack it will be, I would personally want Witches, but I believe it is still too early for that. But I'll take any game pack at this point.

That being said, While I hope it's a Gamepack, I'm not even really expecting a patch.

There will be some kind of patch in February I'm sure. The question is will it be a small or big patch?
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I would love to have spiral staircases in sims4! wether in tight spaces or in big homes,love to have that option. have a great day!
  • Options

There will be some kind of patch in February I'm sure. The question is will it be a small or big patch?

I really hope you are right about that. We had four dead months so far.
    October 2015 (I think)
    September 2018
    October 2018
    January 2019

Not really a pretty trend if you ask me. @SimGuruKate hinted on twitter that there will be entirely dead quarters in the future. Hence the reason they dropped quarterly teasers.
    I suspect that the Devs need to lower the Quantity in which content is released in order to keep (not increase, just keep) the Quality of the content itself on the same level. Why they need to do that, I can only speculate.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    It'll probably be something stupid like some Valentine's/Love Day CAS stuff for only adult Sims. I'd love to get some new stuff for kids and toddlers, but that won't happen.

Love Day stuff isnt stupid since that day came with Seasons. The Developers don't think it was stupid or they wouldn't have added it.

@catloverplayer I think you've misinterpreted @ListentoToppDogg. They don't think Love Day stuff is stupid. They said the stupid part was that they feared they might ONLY release Love Day stuff for adults, and they want holiday gear for kids and toddlers.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm kind of surprised someone would misunderstand my post like that. :/ But thank you @TheGreatGorlon for explaining. :)

On that note, I wish this site alerted people of when they are quoted so I could have explained myself :/
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg Yes, it is a bit of a flawed system. It only notifies you if someone @'s you, but not if someone quotes you.
  • Options
    I'm kind of surprised someone would misunderstand my post like that. :/ But thank you @TheGreatGorlon for explaining. :)

On that note, I wish this site alerted people of when they are quoted so I could have explained myself :/

My bad sorry.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I do NOT want valentines day CAS. That is so uninspired, cheesy and boring. More GAMEPLAY please o:)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I really hope you are right about that. We had four dead months so far.
    October 2015 (I think)
    September 2018
    October 2018
    January 2019

Not really a pretty trend if you ask me. @SimGuruKate hinted on twitter that there will be entirely dead quarters in the future. Hence the reason they dropped quarterly teasers.
    I suspect that the Devs need to lower the Quantity in which content is released in order to keep (not increase, just keep) the Quality of the content itself on the same level. Why they need to do that, I can only speculate.

October 2018 was delayed because it wasn't ready - it wasn't meant to be a dead month. I think the reason for slowed development might be partly the number of packs now in existence. We all know about bugs that exist only if you have a specific pack - there were problems with vampires when Seasons came out, and there are still some issues with CL festivals and Seasons. What we don't know, or don't appreciate, are the bugs that didn't happen because the developers foresaw the problem.

You've just got to do more coding if you're going to make a new pack compatible with pets, vampires, seasons and celebrity spawn. Even bug fixes are more complicated - you fix something, and something else breaks. (I do testing for our ancient software at work, and we've got bugs that have been going for sixteen years. As long as our software doesn't get more broken when they make a change, I just pass it as 'Program X is working as expected.')
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    A chemistry/attraction system would be the PERFECT Valentine’s patch IMO
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    I would love to have spiral staircases in sims4! wether in tight spaces or in big homes,love to have that option. have a great day!

I agree.. I have built some lovely buildings but they need spiral staircases as the normal staircases just don't look right and take up too much room.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'm hoping for a patch to stop my sims from jumping about/being teleported and back.
    I also would like to see a blind date interaction on the phone or computer and definitely a spiral staircase or two (modern and gothic please)
    I always like to see a few freebies in a patch as it makes it more worth waiting for and a few freebies hinting towards the next expansion/stuff or game pack would be nice.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    fix the teleporation. also fix the sims needs dropping and rising sporadically. other than that, theres so much cool stuff to still be patched in.

what about an attraction system and some new romantic interactions for February?
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    fix the teleporation. also fix the sims needs dropping and rising sporadically. other than that, theres so much cool stuff to still be patched in.

what about an attraction system and some new romantic interactions for February?

I'd love new romantic interactions. Maybe they could patch in relaxing,kissing,cuddling,making out etc in beds.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm going to still guess we'll get a game pack late February and the patch will be for that. It's possible the patch could be the last week of the month (the 26th or 28th) if the pack is released the first week of March.

If it's not something pack related I'm going to just hope for some free romantic related items, and possibly more on the finalization of the split level idea they have casually mentioned when they were doing the terrain update. And bug fixes of course.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Some people on Twitter are thinking we might get cars in the Feb Update.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

why do they know something we don't
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

People always think we get witches, cars and university with the next pack/update... Well, one day they'll be right and they'll act like they knew it all along :smiley: But so far there is absolutely no hint for any of these.
  • Options

People always think we get witches, cars and university with the next pack/update... Well, one day they'll be right and they'll act like they knew it all along :smiley: But so far there is absolutely no hint for any of these.

They'll also feel like they knew it.
    I remember how it was when modders found models for fangs, animations with "Vampire" in the name and the animation for the creepy walk style in the game files, everyone was speculating Vampires would be next, me included, and then Vampires GP was actually introduced.
    It felt awesome.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Something I'd love to see tuned is a way to turn off the embarrassed moolet sims get from living in the mansion if their not a celebrity. My sims are rich. Why should they be embarresed?

Does the lot have the Celebrity Home lot trait? Taking that off should solve the moodlet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Even though Kate announced there's no content patch this month, I'm still hoping for a bug fix patch. Branding still not working properly, and there seem to be issues with quitting the spotlightt (throws out Last Exception errors gmy non-famous Sim still seems to be attracting fans -- he got the notification for On The Road To Fame before I had him quit), plus the one where Sims are picking up the celebrity walk at level 3 but they can't turn it off till level 5. The quitting the spotlight bug is making my current save almost unplayable.

February -- probably bug fixes if we don't get them this month, maybe an anniversary T-shirt in CAS like last year, They could be thinking something big for the 20th anniversary though. We could also get an SP or GP next month -- not necessarily anything Valentine's themed.

Kate said that there will be no bug fix patch this month either.

I was thinking an emergency patch, like we got the one to fix the CAS aging bug. Sims can leave the spotlight but the game throws Last Exception errors, and my Sim is still attracting fans it seems like; he goes to the Casbah Gallery to paint and he has Sims gathering behind him going crazy.

Sadly the CAS Aging Glitch seems to be back atleast in my game.

I'm currently playing with aging off (trying to tweak my template save by adding a couple of retail outlets, a clothing shop and an art gallery/photo studio) so I can't test it in my game -- I could possibly hop into one of my other saves and see if I've got the issue.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)