Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods Or No Mods?

This might be an interesting topic! But what is your game style?

Mods Or No Mods? 198 votes

Mods (makes my game better)
74%
CK213OneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshGRIMMYwindweaverGalacticGalLaBlue0314EvilJoker12CrazyboutTheSimsUnDutchablesims2freak737Colorist40RainbowSimQueenAyradyssBreeNillaPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettStormkeepVibseSimpatsyann 147 votes
No Mods (Love the game the way it is!)
25%
EvvieSimmerIcewolfSimurgxbecky685xstoryymcruddBloosmooelanorbretonmock68alanmichael1FairyGodMotherVuloriChanty25Aeriexo11MVWdeZTelelunicyorangehippogriffLollyjaneMypilotannaliese39 51 votes

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    Mods are required, especially MCCC. Don't need many mods, but a few definitely makes things way better (and less annoying!)
  • Options
    AlexandriaJadeAlexandriaJade Posts: 31 Member
    I love modding! I can't play without them anymore.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee totally agree once you mention MCC - couldn't live without Story progression!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    Yeah, me neither - MCCC is my main mod since it takes care of so many things! I only have about 35 items in my mods folder lol.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Without MCCC we just don’t have enough control of the game.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    None for me. I'm not risking my game getting corrupted for something totally unnecessary.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    I don't love the way the game is but I don't love mods either cuz they break stuff sometimes and it's just very tedious.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    mods for me i got mod get rid of this hissing from vampires and mccc
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    edited January 2019
    I don't play with mods, but only because it makes my game run slowly. I do use CC and a CAS background mod that makes it white instead of that blue/green, but that's it!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Not many. I use mccc and one or two others.
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    I love Mods. However, I don't like to use them. I always end up with corrupted game files when I use them. :( It's a catch-22 with me.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Wouldn't say it make things better, but the ones I use make things a bit more convenient. Mostly MCC along with some small mods that fixed the situation outfit walk-by's. That and the NPC controller to set homeless sims as NPC's for certain jobs (maid, native to salvadorada, butler, etc) and that's about it.

I never bother with big mods because they always break with patches or just glitch really badly (Sacrifical mod's for example).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2019
    I can not imagine playing without mods. I never have and never will.

Like, I have random mods for every little thing. They vary from mods that give me whole new game play features (i.e., I can follow my sims to school) to mods that literally just change the names of bar drinks. If the mod interests me, I'll download it. I don't even care at this point. I have 80+ game changing mods and 4,000+ cc in total.
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    MCCC is one of the only big mods that I have. The rest are to fix annoying things like simulation lag, sims taking too long to eat, sims autonomously going straight for the computer, etc.

Finding fixes for those things was like a breath of fresh air - I'd feel so frustrated having to go back to playing without mods.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jenna2376 wrote: »
    I love Mods. However, I don't like to use them. I always end up with corrupted game files when I use them. :( It's a catch-22 with me.

I can count the number of corrupted games I've had on one hand. Usually it's been my own fault by trying to use mods that haven't been updated for the current patch. I have two key mods that I have to have in the game -- MCCC and UI Cheats Extension -- so when the game is patched I wait for those mods to be updated and go into building/remodeling mode (especially when we get new content) until at least those two are updated. Deaderpool is awesome at getting hotfixes at a minimum out quickly, then fine-tunes things down the road.

For me, mods enable me to play my game and tell my stories in my own way. My next project is to create a household where they'll unlock all the career outfits; I'll probably start with four YAs in order to go through all the career branches. With mods like MCCC and UI Cheats I can easily jump Sims to the next career level if I need a boost. and other mods that help cut down on the grind. I can then set up a series of clothing shops where my other Sims can shop and buy the career outfits where my other Sims can shop. (That's my ultimate goal as I rebuild my template save.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Vanilla all the way <3 Love the game as it is :)
  • Options
    mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    No mods for me... but only because I'm slightly afraid of ruining my game. I don't know enough about using mods to be comfortable enough to use them, but I have looked up a mod or two that I may try in the future (if I'm still not scared!). I like the sound of MCCC, so we'll see.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I like having control over what happens in my game, outside my household. Since the game itself comes with little to no options, I (eventually) resorted to MCCC. And TBH, I can't really play without it for long.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2019
    Most of the mods either correct something or give my game more of a life. I have mods that stop my game from creating random sims, but instead to use the ones currently in the game, and to get toddlers to show up at some of the places in town as well, such as the parks. There are mods that fix things, that I truly hope that someday EA will get around (but highly doubt it) to fix.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    All my mods actually make my game playable by actually correcting certain things the devs either have not yet fixed or will never fix.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    I use practical mods. But I have no use for mods that add sleazy stuff to the game. Because sims live in a Utopia world and I would like to live in a world so much better than the real one I am in also... so, having said that I like my sims to live in one.
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,443 Member
    I try to keep mods to a minimum, just MCCC and a few mods to fix things which really but me. With the frequent updates, a lot of mods is really not practical.

To bad there is no option for just a few mods.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2019
    I only use a handful of mods. Other than MCCC, I just have a few for minor tweaks to the game and glitch fixes. I don't like to play with a lot of mods because it's a pain trying to figure out the cause when they start glitching. I don't have the patience for all of that. :D
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    totally happy with the gema just the way it is :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I've been using Mods since TS2 :star:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png