Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know what has caused this...

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited February 2018
    Trouble it is while in CAS also. Everything I've read seems to point to this hair going this way in live mode but not while in CAS, and turning off laptop mode, but none of mine seem to be happening like that, my laptop mode is not checked and it's the same in CAS.

I wonder if it has something to do with Origin?

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    As some of the others have said, I had a minor version of this problem and found I needed to update many of my mods and cc's. Most of it, even the ones that hadn't been updated by creators, worked again after a redownoad.

Hi, @duhboy2u2 did you re-download over the top of those already there or deleted the lot and started again?

I had to delete and start again unfortunately. But then I discovered part of the fun for me is 'shopping' for the content to begin with.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    True, @duhboy2u2 just may have to do that, nothing seems to be working.

• Options
    GRAMMA_AbortionsGRAMMA_Abortions Posts: 1 New Member
    Wait...So there's No way to fix this? I experienced the same thing too.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Wait...So there's No way to fix this? I experienced the same thing too.

Hello @GRAMMA_Abortions
    Try turning off laptop mode and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    DaniD219DaniD219 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the exact same problem! I've updated the lashes and the hair but ever since the update my sims look the same plus I can't change their skin tones. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    DaniD219 wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem! I've updated the lashes and the hair but ever since the update my sims look the same plus I can't change their skin tones. It's frustrating.

Hello @DaniD219
    Try turning off laptop mode and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    Sarcastic_LynxSarcastic_Lynx Posts: 46 Member
    > @DaniD219 said:
    > I'm having the exact same problem! I've updated the lashes and the hair but ever since the update my sims look the same plus I can't change their skin tones. It's frustrating.

Could be that the cc isnt compatible or updated yet? I have this problem sometimes as well but it's usually just the graphics being too high or low or that it's simply busted :/
  • Options
    DaniD219DaniD219 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sarcastic_Lynx said:
    > > @DaniD219 said:
    > > I'm having the exact same problem! I've updated the lashes and the hair but ever since the update my sims look the same plus I can't change their skin tones. It's frustrating.
    >
    > Could be that the cc isnt compatible or updated yet? I have this problem sometimes as well but it's usually just the graphics being too high or low or that it's simply busted :/

Just an update! I saw on another forum to delete Sims 4 Studio and it worked! I can finally enjoy my game. Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    sipstea_3sipstea_3 Posts: 23 New Member
    I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    sipstea_3 wrote: »
    I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?

Hello @sipstea_3
    The suggestions in this AHQ EA thread may help
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-CC-Hair-Blonde-Streaks-Bug-FIX/td-p/5069642
    If the issues remain, you may need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about your issues with the hair.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > sipstea_3 wrote: »
    >
    > I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @sipstea_3
    > The suggestions in this AHQ EA thread may help

> If the issues remain, you may need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about your issues with the hair.

Its not a specific cc creator, 2 days ago Anto LeahLillith Hallowsims Diversed King BluhBerry Pancakes & more artists hairs all had blonde streaks and I keep trying to fix it but I can't find out how, I already tried those suggestions and I don't know what to do
  • Options
    Had to delete the link so i'd go through lmao
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @sipstea_3
    > The suggestions in this AHQ EA thread may help

> If the issues remain, you may need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about your issues with the hair.

Its not a specific cc creator, 2 days ago Anto LeahLillith Hallowsims Diversed King BluhBerry Pancakes & more artists hairs all had blonde streaks and I keep trying to fix it but I can't find out how, I already tried those suggestions and I don't know what to do

Are you playing on a Mac or on Windows?
  • Options
    Windows> @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > sipstea_3 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @sipstea_3
    > > The suggestions in this AHQ EA thread may help
    >
    > > If the issues remain, you may need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about your issues with the hair.
    >
    > Its not a specific cc creator, 2 days ago Anto LeahLillith Hallowsims Diversed King BluhBerry Pancakes & more artists hairs all had blonde streaks and I keep trying to fix it but I can't find out how, I already tried those suggestions and I don't know what to do
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you playing on a Mac or on Windows?

I'm playing on windows, I fixed the blonde highlights but now my sims heads are invisible and theres just teeth floating on specificly Females (Also theres 2 different brows if the head isn't invisible and then my sims have red maxis brows and my alpha brows and theres a gray swimsuit under all clothes and I can't change it)
  • Options
    > @sipstea_3 said:
    > Windows> @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > sipstea_3 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello @sipstea_3
    > > > The suggestions in this AHQ EA thread may help
    > >
    > > > If the issues remain, you may need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about your issues with the hair.
    > >
    > > Its not a specific cc creator, 2 days ago Anto LeahLillith Hallowsims Diversed King BluhBerry Pancakes & more artists hairs all had blonde streaks and I keep trying to fix it but I can't find out how, I already tried those suggestions and I don't know what to do
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Are you playing on a Mac or on Windows?
    >
    > I'm playing on windows, I fixed the blonde highlights but now my sims heads are invisible and theres just teeth floating on specificly Females (Also theres 2 different brows if the head isn't invisible and then my sims have red maxis brows and my alpha brows and theres a gray swimsuit under all clothes and I can't change it)

By when its "not invisible" I mean that it was like that on females before and males and its still on males (including the females bathing suit) so thats still there
  • Options
    Windows> @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > I have this issue too! I don't have laptop mode on, I don't have Sims 4 Studio, and I have my graphics at very high, What do I do?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @sipstea_3
    > > The suggestions in this AHQ EA thread may help
    >
    > > If the issues remain, you may need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about your issues with the hair.
    >
    > Its not a specific cc creator, 2 days ago Anto LeahLillith Hallowsims Diversed King BluhBerry Pancakes & more artists hairs all had blonde streaks and I keep trying to fix it but I can't find out how, I already tried those suggestions and I don't know what to do
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you playing on a Mac or on Windows?

I'm playing on windows, I fixed the blonde highlights but now my sims heads are invisible and theres just teeth floating on specificly Females (Also theres 2 different brows if the head isn't invisible and then my sims have red maxis brows and my alpha brows and theres a gray swimsuit under all clothes and I can't change it)

It may be connected to the cc that you are using. If you have eyelashes cc, it can cause these issues.
    Try moving the whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there, on the non cc Sims.

• Options
    @rosemow Its one of my cc items or mods (which I was expecting) but I have 3000 cc items (50 new ones from 2 days ago) and I don't know how to check all of them within less then 2 hours
  • Options
    @rosemow Its one of my cc items or mods (which I was expecting) but I have 3000 cc items (50 new ones from 2 days ago) and I don't know how to check all of them within less then 2 hours

Because you have a lot of mods/cc @sipstea_3 you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > @rosemow Its one of my cc items or mods (which I was expecting) but I have 3000 cc items (50 new ones from 2 days ago) and I don't know how to check all of them within less then 2 hours
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Because you have a lot of mods/cc @sipstea_3 you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    > If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

First half is fine
  • Options
    1 h> @sipstea_3 said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > @rosemow Its one of my cc items or mods (which I was expecting) but I have 3000 cc items (50 new ones from 2 days ago) and I don't know how to check all of them within less then 2 hours
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Because you have a lot of mods/cc @sipstea_3 you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    > > If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    >
    > First half is fine

> @sipstea_3 said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > @rosemow Its one of my cc items or mods (which I was expecting) but I have 3000 cc items (50 new ones from 2 days ago) and I don't know how to check all of them within less then 2 hours
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Because you have a lot of mods/cc @sipstea_3 you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    > > If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    >
    > First half is fine

1 hour in, I've narrowed it down to 73 cc items
  • Options
    1 h> @sipstea_3 said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > First half is fine

> @sipstea_3 said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > First half is fine

1 hour in, I've narrowed it down to 73 cc items

It is good that you have narrowed it down. I hope that the rest of the testing goes okay.
  • Options
    @rosemow I've checked all my cc now 1 hour after the last post taking 2 hours in total, And all of its fine
  • Options
    @rosemow I've checked all my cc now 1 hour after the last post taking 2 hours in total, And all of its fine

Are the issues still occurring if you don’t have any mods in your mods folder?