Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things other people want that you don't care for?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't care about having Witches it sounds immature to me, I like the careers I wish they would give us more of them and the type where the Sims can participate like the Vet Career. I would like an open world and cars I think it is silly for the Sims to just keep walking and it takes up just as much time as for them to ride in a car. It is dumb not very realistic either looks like the developers got lazy or something didn't know what to come up with.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I know I've already wrote a comment on here, but I thought about two other things that people constantly ask for, but I couldn't care less about.

Story Progression: I would only tolerate it if there's a toggle to disable it. I play rotational style and would hate if story progression would screw up my played households and families. I would most likely only use it if I'm playing a legacy or another save in which I only play one family (which isn't really my playstyle anyway).

Open World: Coming from TS3, TS4 was the game that truly showed me how much I hated the open world. TS3 was my first sims game ever and I never knew it differently, but I much prefer the closed worlds of TS4 over completely open ones any day. I much rather want a semi-open world with districts that work without loading screens. I just really hated TS3s open world because it made playing more than one family per save nearly impossible, and it caused so much lag that I gave up on TS3 completely by now.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Yeah, open world. I had a love/hate relationship with it in TS3. In theory, it's neat. In actuality ... yeah. Not so much. I don't miss it and it's definitely NOT on my wishlist for TS4 (or beyond). Though I wish the AI was better in selecting which sims go to which lots, it's far better to see lots of sims at venues than none. In TS3 a venue would be listed as a 'hot spot' and then nobody would show up, even if you stayed on the lot for hours. Without mods, anyway. And the people walking by in neighborhoods, jogging, socializing, etc. make the world feel alive enough.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I honestly wouldn't care much for pre-teens, it would be nice if we had them, but I don't want them to work on them now, because that'd just take away the time they could be using to develop something else. I'd much rather just have more gameplay for children and teens.

At this stage, I'd much rather just see them in The Sims 5.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    agustd wrote: »

Supernaturals *yawn* there are other games where y'all can get your supernatural fix... Dunno why so many people insist them be a part of life simulation.

What games can I do a life simulation of a witch?
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Anything supernatural/occult. It's just not my style. Also Create a Style, just hated how laggy it was in TS3 and I found it tedious and time consuming to use. They are the only things I feel strongly against, things like preteens are not on my priority list but I wouldn't hate it if they added them.
  • Options
    VirtualFairytalesVirtualFairytales Posts: 9 New Member
    I absolutely don't care about useable cars.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Witches, werewolves, and all the other occults.
    A University pack.
    I also don't really desire cars tbh.
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    Supernatural/Occults...I have a more realistic play style :)
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Anything occult/supernatural related, story progression, and body hair. I really don’t like anything occult-related and prefer a more realistic game play. I used MCCC to turn off all the occult/supernatural features in my game. Grim is super creepy to me, and I’d get rid of him, too, if I could. Body hair is gross to me in real life, so I definitely don't want it in my game. I wouldn’t like story progression because it would mess up my game play.

Also, after reading all the issues with open world in previous Sims games, I’ll pass on that feature as well.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I don't care about cars. I just don't see why this iteration of the game needs them that badly, when the neighborhoods aren't necessarily designed around them. They'd basically be large decorative items with mild rabbit hole interactions.

Also, to all the people saying they don't care for body hair - do you like all of your male Sims basically being dolphins? I think it's much needed as a means of diversifying how male Sims look, because in reality, there are actually very few males who are as hairless as the male Sims are.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited January 2019
    I guess that I'm OK with just about anything that grows TS4, as long as it doesn't totally change how I play too much.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Story Progression, Open World, CASt and Preteens.
    There are also things I don't see using much personally that others want like revamped babies, but I think they need to be done if that makes sense.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »
    I was thinking the other day about how often I see certain features for the game get requested on the forum and when I think about those features they just don't sound fun to me at all. One example of that for me is cars.

Are there any popular ideas or requests for the game that you see often in the forums, that you yourself don't care for?

I couldn't care less about the whole baby thing. I rarely play the game and when I do I play the families I create and there are no toddlers or babies in the lot. I don't have the patience for that. I do, however, hope that, because it is so wanted, that the baby thing happens. I mean just 'cos I don't care or want it doesn't mean other's don't and especially those who actually play more than build.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Um, fame and celebrity, and weather, oops, too late. Then cars or open world, neither would produce gameplay options as far as I'm concerned.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie