Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things other people want that you don't care for?

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited January 2019
    werewolves

I never played them in S3 and I can't imagine I would in S4 BUT choices are never a bad thing to me and just because I don't like a thing doesn't mean I would want to deny it to another.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Farming, preteens, romances, cars, all supernaturals beyond witches and werewolves (only two I would actually buy a pack for)
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    horses
    cars
    preteens
    open world
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Pretty much anything we've had before in previous games - University, Magic, Witches, Cars, horses etc. I'd rather have something completely new and different that we've never had before. I can go back and play S3 if I'm looking to play those features.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Farming
    Pre-Teens
    Horses
    Deep Snow
    Swimmable Oceans
    More Radio Stations
    Laundry
    Spiral Stairs
    More improved babies
    Height Sliders
    More clutter (or clutter in general)
    Create a World
    More animals

There's a lot I actually care really strongly about one way or another... I'd rather have more travel options, but I realize that this isn't common among the community, haha.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2019
    So far already released:
    - Laundry
    - Fame
    - undead supernaturals (In previous versions of the sims I played every supernatural EXCEPT vampires and zombies) I'm desperate for all the other supernaturals, though

I also don't care for:
    - pre-teens
    - swimmable oceans
    - create a pattern (colorwheel would be nice, though)
    - open world: I never have gotten into the sims 3 because of this. (open neighborhoods would be nice, but I don't like open worlds, the scale is too big to focus on multiple sims at once)
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    University: I think any straight implementation would feel too similar to GtW, especially the scientist career. After 2 iterations, there needs to be a twist to it, not just here's some science (we already have scientist, medical, and botanist careers), art (stylist and art careers), communications (political and social media careers) and so on.

Witches: Why does it have to be a separate life state? Why can't it just be magic? It limits the things that can be done, like alien magic or anti-magic, vampire magic, pet magic, even PlantSim magic. The life state part of it seems very redundant.

Cars: There are several issues with this, the biggest one being that Windenburg has only 1 road. I'm also sceptical that any iteration wouldn't be problematic, going by the issues with umbrellas in Sims 4 and cars in Sims 3 (the list of issues for that is too big). However, I wouldn't mind bicycles, skateboards or whatever, even though they would have the umbrella problem.

Babies: They're too similar to toddlers. Just use those resources to enhance toddlers further.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've never played TS3 before, but from reading posts here of those who have, I've surmised that Open World caused a lot of problems for them. Based on that, I have no interest in it.

I also have no interest in Story Progression in an official capacity. I know MCCC already offers it for those that like it and use mods. If it ever did become a feature, I hope and pray it comes with a toggle to turn it off.

I have no interest in University either unless it was very different than the way it worked in TS2. I only tried it once, which was enough. It took way too long in my opinion to graduate. I didn't think my Sims were ever going to get out of there.

I also have absolutely NO interest in putting mental diseases in the game. In particular, Alzheimer's. It's tragic for elders who have this disease, not something to play in a game to make jokes about it. My Mother died from this disease and it just grinds my gears when I see posts wishing to have it for elders in this game.

Other than those four things, I actually want everything else mentioned in this thread. Well, except maybe deep snow. I think the snow is fine the way it is already.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited January 2019
    Probably witches, fairies and other mythical creatures. I see a lot of people asking for them and I honestly don’t care for them at all? I barely played with witches in the second game. I’m fine without a supernatural type dlc, I like vampires more than anything else and they already added them in the game so
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Definitely cars. I don't really see any point or any use in having them in my gameplay.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    Let's see

Babies/Toddlers - Babies and toddlers just annoy me. To me toddlers aren't any fun to play with, they are cute but annoying.

Preteens - Do we really need another child life stage? I don't see how they could change gameplay. Elders do certainly need some love.

CaST/Color Wheel - Personally I feel like it was overrated in Sims 3 and rarely used it. I only thing from that I did like was that I could match the swatches. For example on beds, if I could decide which frame color goes with which sheets.

Cars - What's so fun about watching your Sim hop in a car to commute? Maybe as hobby or addition to the handiness skill, let us repair/pimp a car item.

Open World - Another overrated Sims 3 feature in my opinion. A nice addition to worlds for me would only be, being able to walk up and ring a neighbours doorbell to see if they are at home before actually loading the lot.

Disabilities/Disorders - For me there is no real appeal to them.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Too much reality (I want to play the Sims not Big Brother)
    Disabilities for all of the long and lengthy explanations others have made much better than I can
    Liberated Babies
    I didn't want Laundry either, it loses it's charm when you're picking up smelly crispy socks from behind your kids radiators.
    I never want to see a sim handling crispy socks, ever which brings me back to too much reality. The rest doesn't phase me, I'm happy to try most things on the grounds that even if it doesn't appeal to me I might actually enjoy it in the game....provided it has quirks and interesting deaths.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I totally forgot to add two major ones that I really don't want at all.

The first is any tweaks or enhancements for Story Progression. I like to fill my neighborhoods with my own created Sims and play a variety of households, so Story Progression would cause a huge problem for me. I wouldn't even want to risk it with a toggle because it could potentially glitch with a patch, and knowing how some game bugs can last for months, my game could be rendered unplayable.

The second one we're definitely not getting because the game isn't built for it, but Open World. I didn't like it at all in Sims 3, to me it was clunky, time consuming, filled with rabbit hole buildings which I can’t stand, and difficult to maneuver around. I found it to be overall limiting for my gameplay because it caused more obstacles to my play style.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Things I am not at all interested in having are:-
    Werewolves
    Cars
    Disabilities (Will bring nothing to my game)
    Universities
    Animals (I love all animals in my real life but they are a real pain in my sims world as they die and I get upset, even though they are just a game)
    Laundry (Too time consuming)
    Ghosts (Easily something I could do without in my game)
    These are just my own personal choice and I understand that we don't all like the same things in our games just as we don't in real life.
    I will still buy whatever packs EA release just because....
  • Options
    cinnxmonbuncinnxmonbun Posts: 20 Member
    Like most other people here, I think cars and more supernatural beings are useless (except for fairies. I like fairies, they're pretty). I already have vampires and I haaateee it! I also don't like the idea of horses. I don't like playing with pets anyway, and I don't plan to get cats + dogs because I would be too sad when they die lol. I don't think we need a colour wheel, disabilities and disorders exetera. Too realistic for my liking.
    "May the odds be ever in your favour!"
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Cars, pre-teens, disabilities (mental and physical), body hair, and updated babies... I honestly was fine without toddlers even though the progression from baby to child was abrupt. I also don't think we need stuff like teen pregnancy - download a mod if it's that important :#

I will say, it'd be nice to have car PROPS there weren't just enlarged car toys - just to sit in the driveway or something.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited January 2019
    1) "Rotational" play... if I understand what it means, then it is just not appealing to me. If I want to play another sim/sims household, then I'll create another game.

2) Non-interactive clutter/decorative/representative items. If my sim can't interact with an item, then its worth for my particular play style plummets.

3) Familial relationships, portrayals and corresponding burdens for additional content (i.e., wedding fluff, romance cruises, jilted at the altar, in-law drama, bridezilla rampages, etc.)... not in my play style. At all.

4) Clubbing, partying, social media-ing, grouping up for traveling, visiting, hanging out at pubs, et al. This content largely gets unused by me. Also, my sim's smart phone immediately gets put on silence. Not all sims should have smart phone access anyway.

5) Seasonal content that is only available for a brief time. Ts4 is, by far, not my favorite iteration of the franchise and I play it only intermittently, so this new content is usually unavailable by the time I hear about it. It is highly irritating to have content provided and then yanked away at somebody else's whim for a paid game.

6) Reproducing (zygotes, preemies, babies, toddlers, children, preteens, teens) and their overwhelming corresponding content and developing efforts... Nope. Don't care for it. Although having my gay male couples pop out alien babies in the ts2 and ts3 was fun, I have to admit. I miss that appealing intrusion in my sim's life in ts4.

7) MySims trophies and other collection items... there's just so much about these that are not appealing to me. There's no play friendly way for my sims to store or display these items (or anything really since inventory management still needs work for this iteration in my humble opinion... and then there's the emotional buffs that everything gives off willy-nilly). These become timesink content for me and they're an "unfun" kind of silly that doesn't gibe with my earlier gameplay love with ts2 and ts3.

8) The request by others for the game to not meet system requirements on par with other contemporary "AAA" games. If the game is worth playing, then it is worth updating your rig... just my humble opinion.

9) Closed world/Closed neighborhoods. Having to load screen your way across neighborhoods and into each of the 4 or 5 building lots within those neighborhoods is just not acceptable gameplay for me.

10) I've noticed more discussion for ts4 regarding custom content and mods then I remember for ts2 or ts3. For myself, I would not care for the reliance on custom content/mods to create game-playing satisfaction with ts4.

11) The Gallery. I create my own sims and my own buildings. Not really interested in seeing what anybody else has done. I looked though it a few years ago and most of it was exceedingly unappealing to me.

12) Not sure if this was players' requests that initiated these, but I do not care for the separation of the additionally priced content into expansion, game, and stuff packs. That's too many different packs. I would have preferred a cafeteria-style online store and just download the specific content that I'd want. A majority of the content in the packs are not appealing to me, would never be used, and I would rather not have them cluttering up my content.
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Preteens and cars. Also I didn't understand the whole laundry craze.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    -New life stages like preschoolers, tweens, and a stage between adult and elder. They all seem pointless to me.
    -Mermaids. They were my least favorite occult in TS3 and I wouldn't mind if they didn't add them.
    -Tropical worlds. We can't swim in oceans so also pointless to me. Plus we have enough warmer weather places already even if none are currently tropical.
    -Cars. No open world so why do we need them?
    -Disabilities. I don't think this is the right game for them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Open World in sims 3 was only fun when you had a collector sim, otherwise it was laggy, and the world felt empty as all hell. I love the "open" neighborhoods, I can run around, collect things here and there, and wherever I end up, that spot is always well populated with sims that make sense to see there (active sims at the gym and etc).

I don't want cars. They won't work in this set up we've got. Maybe like, official prop cars to place on lots would be fine, but there's already mods for that so I don't rightly care.

I didn't want laundry. I would have rather gotten something that expanded life, death - that sort of thing. Proper funerals. Better weddings, birthdays, etc. I would love to be able to have a graveyard again, and even maybe start a mortuary. I was also hoping for something that allowed sims to 'live off the grid' - or maybe old school items so I could more easily play through generations.

I want werewolves and witches and fairies back, but ONLY if they are going to be treated like the vampires were in sims 4. Otherwise I'll be content with just vampires. Werewolves were so one dimensional in sims 3.

Preteens - I don't see the need for them. That or fancy babies. I just age up my babies to toddlers anyway. Preteens would only extend the children's lifespan, and make it even harder for me to have grandparents that can actually meet their grandchildren later on.

I don't want horses, even if they were fun in sims 3. In sims 4, a lot of their fun will be nullified with the lack of open world. That, and the lack of being able to see what age, skills, bad habits, and traits your pets have in sims 4 would make horses pointless.

A colorwheel at this stage is stupid. I don't want to wait 10 minutes for the dang thing to load just so I can fix a pattern I messed up on a couch. No thanks.

I think disabilities would be interesting mostly because I have some OCs and characters I'd like to make 'properly' in game who are missing limbs. If anything, a way to replace a limb with a prosthetic would be enough for me. I'm unsure how they'd manage to redo so many animations and items if we got into wheelchair use, crutches, things like that. But a prosthetic is just a visual thing, and sims is more of an idealized world, and I would assume since we can have totally functional humaniod robots, we can also have really cool prosthetic replacements that work the same as an organic limb would.

• Options
    CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    Preteens. I used to want them in the game (when I was a preteen haha) but now I just think that it's not really needed. It would just be like a combination of child and teen, I would much rather just have them add more stuff to both children and teens.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    -New life stages like preschoolers, tweens, and a stage between adult and elder. They all seem pointless to me.
    -Mermaids. They were my least favorite occult in TS3 and I wouldn't mind if they didn't add them.
    -Tropical worlds. We can't swim in oceans so also pointless to me. Plus we have enough warmer weather places already even if none are currently tropical.
    -Cars. No open world so why do we need them?
    -Disabilities. I don't think this is the right game for them.

Agreed. And your sim avatar has a crooked eyebrow btw.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    -Preteens
    -Enhanced babies
    -Cars
    -Werewolves
    -Body hair
    -Disabilities
    -Farms
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    -Preteens
    -Enhanced babies
    -Cars
    -Werewolves
    -Body hair
    -Disabilities
    -Farms

Preteens are a useless life stage imo
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    For me it's university.
    I only played it in Sims 2, and found it repetitive and a bit of a drudge. Besides, I use modded careers, so don't need it for the career options.

Would love to have a beach world with swimmable oceans that my sims can own lots and live in, but don't want it to be purely a place to visit.

Definitely don't want open world.