Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 hint or announcement in 2019?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    I think based on the Jobs post it is a new Sims game but will we see an announcement this year (2019) or next year I don't know. If we do see an announcement to the Sims 5 this year it will be at the end of the year. I would not expect anything until September at the earliest. we will probably see an announcement early in 2020 as that's the 20th anniversary of the Sims franchise and then possibly a release at the end of 2020 this is a fast turn around for game but I believe that the tools for content creation have been in development for a while.

Based on the jobs post? Do you think the people hire people to work on games that are already finished or are just about to be, or do you think developing a video game from scratch takes just about a year or two?
    I watched enough YouTube videos by Gamedevs to know that two years is not enough to make a game from start to finish. Unless you talk about something like the first Mario game.
    If the jobs posted are for people to work on Sims 5, 2022 is realistic if all goes exactly as planned and there are no hiccups and bumps along the way, which almost never happens. If work on Sims 5 begun in summer 2018, I am expecting a 2024 release.
    But then again, I could be wrong.
    But when it takes about a year for an EP, even when it builds upon the existing code and requires no engine level coding?
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    A job post doesn't mean they just started working on it either. It means that they are hiring for a game they are developing and none of us know how long said game has been in development. It said early stages so that could mean they've been working on it a year because that would still be early stages of development. I personally think they'll announce something in 2020 for an early 2021 or late 2020 game.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm honestly not expecting any kind of TS5 mention until at least 2020 or 2021, going by Grant Rodiek's statement of having content planned for the next 2 1/2 years (from now).

And unless it has advanced creative tools and AI/gameplay that exceeds TS2/TS3, I am not expecting it to be any great.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I think it'll be at least 2021/22 before we get an official announcement of TS5.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    2020 earliest.
    I think it would be stupid to tease a game that has been pretty much confirmed to NOT come earlier than 2021.
    We get it when sims 4 ends I guess which will be in 3 years. I need more in sims 4… i dont really want a sims 5 right now. Waiting for all expansions to drop again and all that money x.x

When has it been confirmed that it is not coming before 2021?

I would like see a source but not a tweet. A tweet means nothing. I want an official statement

When & where has it been confirmed to be coming at all? ***laughs*** and are you expecting it to cure all the woes of predecessors should it arrive?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2019
    What do you think? TS4 will hit the five year mark and even though hey are not stopping it yet there is a chance that they are working on something new and 2019 could be the year that we start seeing some sort of hints at the very least. In fact we have already picked up on a few hints and we know what EA are like, they start off small and steady before you start seeing a pattern as another hint appears.

If there is no announcement for TS5 this time next year then I would be very disappointed.

Grant said there is 3 or more years left for The Sims 4. That's what I'm going by. 1 year before TS4 ends we'll start getting info on The Sims 5.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm honestly not expecting any kind of TS5 mention until at least 2020 or 2021, going by Grant Rodiek's statement of having content planned for the next 2 1/2 years (from now).

And unless it has advanced creative tools and AI/gameplay that exceeds TS2/TS3, I am not expecting it to be any great.

I think the Graphics atleast will be better. More like The Sims 3.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    2020 earliest.
    I think it would be stupid to tease a game that has been pretty much confirmed to NOT come earlier than 2021.
    We get it when sims 4 ends I guess which will be in 3 years. I need more in sims 4… i dont really want a sims 5 right now. Waiting for all expansions to drop again and all that money x.x

I would like see a source but not a tweet. A tweet means nothing. I want an official statement

If it comes from the Gurus, then it is an official statement. I guess there are still people in denial...
  • Options
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    2020 earliest.

When & where has it been confirmed to be coming at all? ***laughs*** and are you expecting it to cure all the woes of predecessors should it arrive?

This!
    No matter when Sims 5 comes (assuming for a moment it does, which isn't confirmed) people will expect it to right all the perceived wrongs of TS4. Yes, they made some choices I disagree with, but I haven't seen any choice they made that they either couldn't defend or haven't expressed their desire to fix it in this game. And so far, they did fix some stuff. Not all, but some, and they are still doing so, as evident with the Toddler Patch and the Terrain Manipulation.
    I have seen blogs speculating that Pets and Seasons will be base game content in Sims 5, with new open world, bigger than in Sims 3 with no rabbit holes whatsoever and graphics that make Crysis look like Super Mario and still runs on a toaster and will be completely bug-free.

With that sort of expectations, it won't matter if the TS5 team just makes a reskin of Sims 1 with only 2 beds, 3 chairs, 1 toilet and 2 tables as available furniture and no gameplay beyond cooking, eating, sleeping, sitting on the computer, talking to each other, watching TV, pooping and going to one of 5 careers which are rabbit hole careers, and the DLCs only bring 1 new career or two new chairs, or something like that.
    Not even aging or woohooing.

I'm not even exaggerating. TS5 could be the best game EA the dev team is able to do or literally what I just described, and people will react the exact same way. Just because compared to past Sims versions viewed through nostalgia goggles plus those expectations on that Blog, nothing that can be achieved IRL will look like anything less than crap. Even if those past Sims games are actually worse if you remove the nostalgia glasses.
    I am not saying Sims 4 is perfect. By no means. But if you ask a builder with limited building materials and funds to build you a home, are you happy with a small but functional house, or do you complain because it isn't a great palace with golden statues and an army of servants?
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    My bet, Sims 4 will be the Skyrim of the Sim Series. So I don't expect anything in the next two years.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    What do you think? TS4 will hit the five year mark and even though hey are not stopping it yet there is a chance that they are working on something new and 2019 could be the year that we start seeing some sort of hints at the very least. In fact we have already picked up on a few hints and we know what EA are like, they start off small and steady before you start seeing a pattern as another hint appears.

If there is no announcement for TS5 this time next year then I would be very disappointed.

I don't know what "hints" you are referring to, there's just been the one ad that went out and not a single peep about Sims 5. And from what I remember, there was a question of whether it would ever be done at all, depending on Sims 4's success.

But now that Sims 4 is successful, they could be looking into it. But honestly, I don't think they even thought about it seriously until the end of the last fiscal quarter back in March, when they reviewed the high sales numbers from Cats and Dogs. By then, according to EA's CEO, Sims 4 was on a steady incline and they were happy with its progress. Some time after that, the ad went out for hiring devs for a new Sims game, which could very well be Sims 5. But if it is, then it's barely begun development. This could likely be the very reason the lead producer keeps reiterating that Sims 4 has at least three more years of content coming. If previous new Sims games started development shortly after the release of the latest title and took around four or five years to complete and release, the time span would be the equivalent of Sims 4 having been newly released just last year.

So, yeah. If Sims 5 is coming, it's going to be a while.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2019
    Don't expect an annoucement this year, you'll be disappointed. TS3 wasn't announced in 2005, but in 2008. Remember.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Don't expect an annoucement this year, you'll be disappointed. TS3 wasn't announced in 2005, but in 2008. Remember.

Yes, TS2 was released in 2004 and ended in 2009. TS4 was released in 2014 and should end this year. No point trying to cling into just because a few people still expect content to be above what was released before. From what I have seen and judging by reviews TS4 has always been a step backwards

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't think it's going to happen for some time. Though if they start to work on sims 5 I hope they take the time to do it right. Don't wait till the last minute and do a rush job.
  • Options

Yes, TS2 was released in 2004 and ended in 2009. TS4 was released in 2014 and should end this year. No point trying to cling into just because a few people still expect content to be above what was released before. From what I have seen and judging by reviews TS4 has always been a step backwards

I see no reason why TS5 wouldn't be one step forward, three steps back.
    Either way, as long as it isn't announced, and 4 doesn't have Witches, I'm still waiting for those Witches. Other People want cars and University.
    Vampires are the best in the franchise, and I hope Witches can live up to that.
    If Sims 5 is released before Sims 4 has Witches and University, there is no guarantee Sims 5 will even have Pets and Seasons.

That last sentence made more sense in my head that written here, so I try again:
    There is a specific set of things that were in all previous Sims iterations. Every. Single. One.
    Sims 4 doesn't have it all yet, and if Sims 4 ends without them, how can we expect 5 to have it again?
    If they abandon TS4 at this state, they might as well bury the franchise right now and never dig it up again.
  • Options
    NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    If the sims 4 was a flop to the majority to a lot of simmers, what makes it seem like the sims 5 would be better?
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    This is my only thought at the moment...If this is what TS4 has given me, then what will TS5 give me? Just create-a-sim and everything else will be DLC's?
  • Options
    Sims 4 a flop, pff not anymore 10 Million Copys sold tell another story.
    And we are just over the half off it's livespan, the gurus said sims 4 will last longer than any other sims game. So jeah expect to wait.
  • Options
    NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    I was speaking about other simmers, multiple pages i follow on numerous apps talk about why previous games are better and why the sims 4 isn't that great. Me personally, I play the sims 4 the most, yes it isn't as good as the sims 3 because of their features. But I still somehow play that one much more.
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • Options
    Jeah it was always like this, bashing the current generation of sims game and praising the olders ones via nostalgia goggles.
    And I agree Sims 3 had a lot of features more than sims 4 with all the shop stuff and extras when you buyed the limited special editions of the expansion packs, but other issues like slow loading times, extrem lag (cough cast cough) ecc..

No sims game is perfect or better than annother all having flaws and good stuff equality.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I highly doubt they will announce TS5 any time soon. Theres a lot to work on TS4 still, and they said themselves theres at least 3 years of content programmed for the game. Plus Sims 4 is still selling a lot, stil relevant and people are still asking for content (university, witches, cars, tropical worlds, farming pack, future pack), EA wont just leave the opportunity to make more money.

And honestly I dont really care, I want a lot more content for TS4. Its been 5 years, but the game didnt age up at all, so its too early to think about sims 5 in my opinion.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    you also need to take note that what they show in trailers can also change just look at this trailer for the sims2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=t9u1zMCos8w

and the sims3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=p7BAUNzJvts

and the sims4 trailer so we will have to wait and see and not get or hopes up as simmers and player when they show the sims5 official trailer because things can change by the time its officially realise as well as keep watch for the 2019 ea play and 2019 g3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is not unknown that cars and ran where intended for the TS2 basegame
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    For me, it's long past time for some kind of ts5 announcement. I'd like to see if ts4 has disenchanted me permanently from the franchise... or will ts5 again make me a fan.