Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 hint or announcement in 2019?

What do you think? TS4 will hit the five year mark and even though hey are not stopping it yet there is a chance that they are working on something new and 2019 could be the year that we start seeing some sort of hints at the very least. In fact we have already picked up on a few hints and we know what EA are like, they start off small and steady before you start seeing a pattern as another hint appears.

If there is no announcement for TS5 this time next year then I would be very disappointed.
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Seeing as one of the Gurus said there's still at least 3 more years of the Sims 4, I don't see an announcement for Sims 5 coming at least until 2020, around the 20th anniversary of the Sims series.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited December 2018
    I predict an Epic fail for TS5 predictions.
    Prepare yourself to be disappointed in 2019 and in 2020 if you're waiting for such announcement.

Note: TS4 for console doesn't get all the existing packs yet.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Don’t expect early announcements. They prefer shorter announcement-to-release cycles these days. Very unlikely they’d announce it if it’s not gonna be released for another two years.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I predict an Epic fail for TS5 predictions.
    Prepare yourself to be disappointed in 2019 and in 2020 if you're waiting for such announcement.

Note: TS4 for console doesn't get all the existing packs yet.

Epic fail? Not heard that in a few years? :D Is that phrase coming back in 2029? :smiley:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Don’t expect early announcements. They prefer shorter announcement-to-release cycles these days. Very unlikely they’d announce it if it’s not gonna be released for another two years.

Well if they announce it too early then people might drop TS4 like a stone!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    2020 earliest.
    I think it would be stupid to tease a game that has been pretty much confirmed to NOT come earlier than 2021.
    We get it when sims 4 ends I guess which will be in 3 years. I need more in sims 4… i dont really want a sims 5 right now. Waiting for all expansions to drop again and all that money x.x

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    We still have sims 3 and 2 and... 1.

I'd like sims 5 to be a real improvement (vr?) so I can actually do my real laundry while playing. ;D

They can take their time...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Yes. Which is why I believe 2019 would be too early.

Yes. Which is why I believe 2019 would be too early.

They might let us know at the last minute?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    2020 earliest.
    I think it would be stupid to tease a game that has been pretty much confirmed to NOT come earlier than 2021.
    We get it when sims 4 ends I guess which will be in 3 years. I need more in sims 4… i dont really want a sims 5 right now. Waiting for all expansions to drop again and all that money x.x

When has it been confirmed that it is not coming before 2021?

I would like see a source but not a tweet. A tweet means nothing. I want an official statement
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Historically, they hold off on official announcements until getting closer to release, especially for titles where they are actively still selling it's predecessor. I have no doubt that they are working on Sims 5 already...it takes many years to make a game, but announcements I don't expect to see until they are releasing the final EP for Sims 4.

Just doesn't make sense to do marketing that competes with your own product releases, and announcements for game releases is part of marketing.

I agree with @simswichtes, don't expect to see much if anything official until at least into 2020 (probably 2021). Let's be real, they haven't announced the next EP for TS4 yet..and that's only a few months away for release.

@king_of_simcity7, letting us know we have 3 more years of Sims 4 is as good as tellling us that Sims 5 is at least 3 years out. They aren't going to actively continue EPs and SPs for 4 once 5 is out (the competing with themselves thing again). Only way we'd see 5 before 4 is done is if 5 were a completely different game (like a online-only social game, or some such).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @Stormkeep If TS5 is a different game and online then it would be a different game and that itself could be a disappointment

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    2020 earliest.
    We get it when sims 4 ends I guess which will be in 3 years. I need more in Sims 4… I don't really want a Sims 5 right now. Waiting for all expansions to drop again and all that money x.x

I would like to see a source but not a tweet. A tweet means nothing. I want an official statement

They said they had content for three years. The whole new AAA game looking for new member s.Meaning They at just starting on developing Sims5.
    2020 earliest.
    We get it when sims 4 ends I guess which will be in 3 years. I need more in Sims 4… I don't really want a Sims 5 right now. Waiting for all expansions to drop again and all that money x.x

I would like to see a source but not a tweet. A tweet means nothing. I want an official statement

They said they had content for three years. The whole new AAA game looking for new member s.Meaning They at just starting on developing Sims5.

They started developing Olympus before TS3 some sorrows say. TS5 could have been in development for a while
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    In 2017, they said officially multiple times even outside of tweets that Sims 5 is not in development.
    Normally, they say "We can't comment" but that time, they very specifically said that they are not working on that.
    They said that in previous Sims titles, they started with the next game pretty much right away, but didn't this time and hadn't started since.
    There is evidence that they started in late summer or fall 2018.
    They could be lying, but that would be a claim no one could make on the basis of anything other than "They still could be lying. They lied before. So it is possible.".
    If they didn't, there is between 3 and 5 years of Sims 4 ahead of us before Sims 5 is announced.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

This -- why would anyone buy content for Sims 4 if Sims 5 is on the horizon? Back in June Grant said "at least 3 more years of content" in terms of ideas. Now it's possible some of those ideas might not see production due to excessive costs or programming logistics, but the ultimate point is they're still working on Sims 4 content and there hasn't been a peep about the theoretical Sims 5.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    In 2017, they said officially multiple times even outside of tweets that Sims 5 is not in development.
    Normally, they say "We can't comment" but that time, they very specifically said that they are not working on that.
    They said that in previous Sims titles, they started with the next game pretty much right away, but didn't this time and hadn't started since.
    They could be lying, but that would be a claim no one could make on the basis of anything other than "They still could be lying. They lied before. So it is possible.".
    If they didn't, there is between 3 and 5 years of Sims 4 ahead of us before Sims 5 is announced.

I'm not sure there's hard evidence that they started Sims 5 development in 2018 -- yes, there were the job announcements for work on a "new Sims title" but that doesn't mean Sims 5; they could have been for a spin-off title. With the First Person camera, maybe even a Sims VR with First Person being sort of an exploratory tool to judge reaction and feasibility.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    2020 earliest.

They started developing Olympus before TS3 some sorrows say. TS5 could have been in development for a while

Dude Olympus was cancelled.It was rebranded as Sims 4 .

I'm not sure there's hard evidence that they started Sims 5 development in 2018 -- yes, there were the job announcements for work on a "new Sims title" but that doesn't mean Sims 5; they could have been for a spin-off title. With the First Person camera, maybe even a Sims VR with First Person being sort of an exploratory tool to judge reaction and feasibility.

AAA games are not spin-off titles.They want somebody who can do a realistic style.

I said Evidence. Never claimed it was hard.
    2020 earliest.

Dude Olympus was cancelled.It was rebranded as Sims 4 .

Really? I never knew! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

2017 was a long time ago now. We are just about to hit 2019! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

2017 was a long time ago now. We are just about to hit 2019! :smiley:

In Development since 2017 is not a long time in GameDev terms. Far from it. It takes 5 years for a reason
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I still don't think that it is coming soon by I think they know when it is time to move on and create another one. Grant also commented that There is more than just three years when asked about his tweet. So we may see a longer future for The Sims 4.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think based on the Jobs post it is a new Sims game but will we see an announcement this year (2019) or next year I don't know. If we do see an announcement to the Sims 5 this year it will be at the end of the year. I would not expect anything until September at the earliest. we will probably see an announcement early in 2020 as that's the 20th anniversary of the Sims franchise and then possibly a release at the end of 2020 this is a fast turn around for game but I believe that the tools for content creation have been in development for a while.