Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Sale!

AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
For those who don't know...

BG is 88% off
EPs are 50% off (including Get Famous)
GPs are 25% off
SPs are 40% off

Happy Shopping! :)
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Ughh..they tricked me into buying the last SP I needed with the 30% off a few days ago. Sneaky buggers!

SP's dont' get sales often...Should have realized the holiday season would bring a better one though. Great news for peeps that still need packs though!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Why is TS3 never on sale? Blasphemy!

Well I think I'll buy two SP's then. Finally going to get fitness stuff and laundry day.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I been eyeing MFPS and still wasn't willing to get it at even 30% off guess this is as good a time as any. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Finally, SPs on sale! I, uh... bought three. :D Figured I might as well take the opportunity to get the ones I've been wanting, since decent SP sales are very rare.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Every freaking time !!!!!!! I wait and wait and finally buy for the 30% then it goes to 50% - most retail stores if it has been less than 10 day so you can get the new sale price - not EA and Origin :(
    Now I am red plumbomed
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Hmm I already bought Laundry Day -30% but I guess I'll grab Get Famous now.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Cats & Dogs, come on down! I hope you don’t ruin my game.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Ughh..they tricked me into buying the last SP I needed with the 30% off a few days ago. Sneaky buggers!

SP's dont' get sales often...Should have realized the holiday season would bring a better one though. Great news for peeps that still need packs though!

Same. I bought 3 SPs and now I only have MFPS left. I've been vowing not to cave in since it was released but now I don't know if I should just buy it for completeness or not.

• Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    Thanks for posting. I missed the 30% off sale by less than an hour. Turns out it was good luck. Now I can get Laundry Day and the Bowling pack. :)

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Thanks for letting us know! Does anyone have any idea how long the sale generally lasts? I'm not sure what people may have gotten me for Christmas, so I wanted to wait to buy any until the day after :)
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know! Does anyone have any idea how long the sale generally lasts? I'm not sure what people may have gotten me for Christmas, so I wanted to wait to buy any until the day after :)
    It appears to be until the 11th of January so you can afford to wait.

iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Thanks for letting us know! I'm definitely going to grab a few SPs I'm missing. Nice to know I have a while too. : D
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It appears to be until the 11th of January so you can afford to wait.

YES! Thanks for posting the sale deadline. I'm tapped out until after Christmas and was hoping it would last awhile. Can't wait to get some packs I'm missing, like Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, Kids Stuff especially. I'd love Cats & Dogs and/or Get Famous too, but despite having a new gaming desktop, I've been hesitant. I'm not sure it could handle C&D. Probably... but I don't know. It defaulted to Ultra when I loaded the game with everything else on it, so... maybe?

Anyway, thanks again! <3
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Thank you, thank you for the heads up!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    *trips*
    Oops!
    *Accidentally ordered GF*

Thanks for posting, now I'm broke :p
    I wasn't expecting a sale until boxing day, but now I have a great excuse for being antisocial :D
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes!!!! Now I can get some SPs Im missing. They never have a sale and I refuse to pay retail price B)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm honestly fine with getting GF at 30% off. It's a good price as any. Although I'm surprised it's already 50% off just 1 month after release, even if it is the holiday season.

The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us :innocent:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Wow, the SP's are on sale on their own for once...but ofc I had already bought the rest of the stuff packs I was missing for the 30% coupon sale. Oh well, I still got them for a decent sale price.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    I bought 2 stuff packs and 1 game pack a few days ago... paid £9.99 for laundry stuff and now it’s 5.99 😭

only packs I need now to complete my collection is Romantic Garden and MFPS. Worth paying £5.99 each for them?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    shanls96 wrote: »
    I bought 2 stuff packs and 1 game pack a few days ago... paid £9.99 for laundry stuff and now it’s 5.99 😭

only packs I need now to complete my collection is Romantic Garden and MFPS. Worth paying £5.99 each for them?
    Romantic Garden is one of my favourite stuff packs so thumbs up for that one. MFPS however is one of the two I'm still missing myself (the other is Luxury Party) and personally I'm gonna hold off to get them later. The sale is good but I feel like I got enough new content to explore already.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Romantic Garden is one of my favourite stuff packs so thumbs up for that one. MFPS however is one of the two I'm still missing myself (the other is Luxury Party) and personally I'm gonna hold off to get them later. The sale is good but I feel like I got enough new content to explore already.

There probably won't be another sale for stuff packs this low until the end of next year.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »

I think on Origin the sale runs through Jan 11th
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

There probably won't be another sale for stuff packs this low until the end of next year.

I think this is the lowest SPs have been since the ORIGIN50 sale in Sept 2016. I've been fairly diligent with checking for sales on SPs and have been waiting all this time for another 50% sale. I went ahead and caved - I bought Vintage Glamour and Laundry Day because those were the two I wanted most.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member

The 50% off sales seem to run twice a year sometime in July and then December. I just didn't wait long enough 5 freaking day short. If this was retail I could get my extra 10 buck back and purchase something else. I tried talked to two people at EA - nope, nada nothing they can do - I call BS
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Always thought I'd go for the fitness and bowling packs if there's ever a sale, but I ended up getting the fitness and luxury party packs instead. I never had any interest in this, but now that I have Get Famous I thought they might go well together. I'm still missing about half of the stuff packs, so I might get a couple more before the sale ends :-)

BTW, after I bought the three packs, the game wouldn't load. It almost gave me a heart attack. I repaired the game and I was able to load it then. Whew!