Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging in CAS bug seems to be back

I made a new game today and made a sim in CAS. After exiting my sim was almost ready to age up. Anyone else notice this? If you have mcc you can set their age and they will begin at the beginning of their age.

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I noticed this too. Sims that had birthdays on the same day were suddenly spread out on the calendar over the course of 3 to 5 days. :/
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I noticed this too. Sims that had birthdays on the same day were suddenly spread out on the calendar over the course of 3 to 5 days. :/

How can they fix something and in the next patch break the same thing again? Makes one afraid to patch new stuff or not. At least if you don't mind mods you can fix it easy, but not everybody likes to use mods.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »

How can they fix something and in the next patch break the same thing again? Makes one afraid to patch new stuff or not. At least if you don't mind mods you can fix it easy, but not everybody likes to use mods.

Their patches have always been like this, to be honest. I'm not surprised. They should just delete the whole game. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    I have my child sims set too 60 days and when they came out of cas they were 14 days away from aging up so that is a big jump in days left
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    This bug was never fixed for me. Almost all of my sims have full age bars even though I play with aging off.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Their patches have always been like this, to be honest. I'm not surprised. They should just delete the whole game. :D

It is frustrating, and this bug is particularly annoying, thank goodness for MCC though as it is a quick fix with that, but I know not everybody wants to use mods to fix a game they pay good money for. Lol at delete the game. I can see why you would feel that way.

• Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    I have my child sims set too 60 days and when they came out of cas they were 14 days away from aging up so that is a big jump in days left

Yeah, my sim guy after leaving CAS had like 50 days left, out of like 500 I have a mod to increase age length so that is a big chunk out of his life. I am hoping they can do a hot fix for this before the holidays, but I am thinking we might have to wait till the Jan. patch.
  • Options

I wasn't sure either, as it was supposedly fixed, so if we use the same post they might not pay attention. I don't use twitter, so not able to report. Maybe I will flag them on here.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    My game is updated to the latest patch and even when it was said the bug was fixed it was never fixed in my game at all. I still have the age bug where if I go into cas and then add the sim to a household it will atart with the age bar almost completely full ready for the next life stage.
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    This bug was never fixed for me. Almost all of my sims have full age bars even though I play with aging off.

So sorry to hear that. If you use twitter let Simguru Arvin know.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »

So sorry to hear that. If you use twitter let Simguru Arvin know.

It would be better to post to AHQ, really. All of QA can see it then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crinrict wrote: »

Thank you Crincrict wasn't sure if I should do me too on this post as it was noted as fixed. I decided to set up a twitter acct. just to let simguru Arvin know about this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed before the holidays.
  • Options
    My game is updated to the latest patch and even when it was said the bug was fixed it was never fixed in my game at all. I still have the age bug where if I go into cas and then add the sim to a household it will atart with the age bar almost completely full ready for the next life stage.

I am sorry to hear that the issue still isn't resolved. Hopefully if they can fix this before Christmas it will resolve your issues this time around.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

Thank you Crincrict wasn't sure if I should do me too on this post as it was noted as fixed. I decided to set up a twitter acct. just to let simguru Arvin know about this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed before the holidays.

this is a different issue and a different thread than the original aging issue. It's about random ages being added to new sims while the old bug was aging during CAS (for all Sims)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Thanks for the heads-up on this issue. I'm avoiding CAS for the time being. :disappointed:
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    For those who are comfortable with mods can get a fix here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/casagingfix-22793941 It is currently working in my game. At least until they fix the bloody thing!
  • Options
    HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    I don't know if I'm the only one but I play with aging off for everyone and my townies are still aging up... I'm not using any kind of mods so it probably is a bug again...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Hausie wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm the only one but I play with aging off for everyone and my townies are still aging up... I'm not using any kind of mods so it probably is a bug again...

Have you double checked your settings, that they didn't revert? If so, sounds like a good time to head to AHQ http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I received notifications that several of my sims had died and they had just become elders. I am so upset.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh my god... I'm staying clear of S4 until this gets sorted at least.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I had 37 townies die over 7 sim days since installing the patch. Mostly all were elders....I can't say if it is patch-related, or if it just 'that time' where all the sims that came in as YA a generation ago were due to die. 37 seems like a lot though. O.O

I use the 'release all the ghosts' mod that lets you pick ghosts to release from a selection menu and I use it once a week on fridays...that's the only reason I know it was 37.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It was never fixed the first time.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    There's been a few AHQ links shared here and, as always, I'd advise folks try sharing their experiences with issues or bugs there. That in mind I am going to lock this.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top