Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update Is Here!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have never really been able to play city living right without carnivals overlapping with everyday, and with other carnivals. I didn’t see a fix listed in there for that. I hope they will put that on their list to fix for the next patch. I haven’t played my game since the patch though so I will keep my fingers crossed on that one. Maybe it’s been fixed and the forgot to mention it... lol.
  • Options

My game acts like I don't have enough memory to travel. How can that be? I have 12gbs of ram.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello
    I have removed what I posted earlier that Deaderpool posted about the MCCC mod, as issues have now been found and he is working on a hot fix.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am pleasantly surprised to see there is a new object called "Lin-Z Smart Speaker" that you can order pizza with and play trivia! They never mentioned that in the stream! Can't wait to get a chance to dive into everything when I get a chance.

So it's like an echo dot? :p

Man I'm at work and wanna be at my computer bah.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Surprised no one is talking about townies not wearing a lot of city living clothing or vampire related CAS items now. :*

This makes me happy as well as the spa day hand massage animations working properly now.

Plus sims won't be mean mugging one another on the streets for no reason haha.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am pleasantly surprised to see there is a new object called "Lin-Z Smart Speaker" that you can order pizza with and play trivia! They never mentioned that in the stream! Can't wait to get a chance to dive into everything when I get a chance.

So it's like an echo dot? :p

Man I'm at work and wanna be at my computer bah.

Yes your sim tells it what to do and it has a voice and lights up.
  • Options
    The Patch didn't fix the faulty camera at the Pennticles it still pans up.
  • Options

Yes your sim tells it what to do and it has a voice and lights up.

Got a picture of it I'd like to see it. :)

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Ladykyn, s/he posted a picture in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953041/is-the-patch-still-being-released-dec-18#latest

It's currently the last post in the thread.

On topic with the thread, just started my game since the patch..and despite having a ton of mods, everything seems to be working for me. MCCC + a ton of mods from LittleMsSams and Bienchen plus a handful of coolspear's. I don't use the ui extension mod, and removed the few mods that became redundant (gardener fix and celebrity walkstyle fix), the rest seem good as gold, so far at least.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    FYI anyone with time issues, update UI Cheats Extension.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Ladykyn, s/he posted a picture in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953041/is-the-patch-still-being-released-dec-18#latest

It's currently the last post in the thread.

On topic with the thread, just started my game since the patch..and despite having a ton of mods, everything seems to be working for me. MCCC + a ton of mods from LittleMsSams and Bienchen plus a handful of coolspear's. I don't use the ui extension mod, and removed the few mods that became redundant (gardener fix and celebrity walkstyle fix), the rest seem good as gold, so far at least.

Are you getting any LEs? MCCC is working fine for me too, but I'm getting a ton of last exceptions. (I've already taken UI Cheats Extension out so it's not that.)
  • Options
    ScortenScorten Posts: 1 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Surprised no one is talking about townies not wearing a lot of city living clothing or vampire related CAS items now. :*
    >
    > This makes me happy as well as the spa day hand massage animations working properly now.
    >
    > Plus sims won't be mean mugging one another on the streets for no reason haha.

Does anybody know if this fix includes the name generation bug where most townies have Asian names?
  • Options
    Not a single Last Exception yet, @loubyloulou. I use those to help identify what mod is causing issues when I do have them, but haven't had one since launching the game after the patch.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    @loubyloulou are your last exceptions occurring after doing romance interactions? A few people (including me) are having a problem with sims doing any romance interactions and then getting a bunch of last exceptions.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    So happy that NPC'd will no longer wear clothes only from 2 packs.
  • Options
    @loobyloulou, Yep..@Evie0602 is right...now that my Sim's wife got home from work, getting last exceptions with most of the romantic interactions.
  • Options
    hollylyn01hollylyn01 Posts: 28 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    my saves don't load after the patch

Oh, gosh, I haven't yet started up my game. I came over here to help pass the time while it downloaded, that I got totally caught up in answering threads! Have you tried repairing your game? Or, if that fails, remove your Sims4 game folder from your Documents file and place it on your desktop. Start your game again (it will be as if you never played) and create a new game. Save and get out of your game. Restart to see if this new game will load. If it does, then change out your Tray folder, for the one in the desktop Sims4 folder and do the same with your saves folder. This will give you back your games. Delete the localthumbcache file and restart your game. If that doesn't work call upon rosemow.

Well patch has corrupted my save that i have been playing since sims 4 came out, back to sims 3 i think best of them all.
  • Options
    @Deaderpool has an update post about last exceptions: https://www.patreon.com/posts/todays-sims-4-23412903
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2018
    I do get those on my modded game but not the unmodded one

Thought it could be the disgust fix but doesn't seem to be ...
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    @loubyloulou are your last exceptions occurring after doing romance interactions? A few people (including me) are having a problem with sims doing any romance interactions and then getting a bunch of last exceptions.

No, I don't think so - they seem really random and looking at them is no help - I think it's the game being buggy post-patch.
  • Options
    OssbornOssborn Posts: 25 Member
    Next time I research first before I post anything on Twitter, I had teh "game speed key not working bug", just updated UI Cheats Extension, game is loading while I type this.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    hollylyn01 wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    my saves don't load after the patch

Oh, gosh, I haven't yet started up my game. I came over here to help pass the time while it downloaded, that I got totally caught up in answering threads! Have you tried repairing your game? Or, if that fails, remove your Sims4 game folder from your Documents file and place it on your desktop. Start your game again (it will be as if you never played) and create a new game. Save and get out of your game. Restart to see if this new game will load. If it does, then change out your Tray folder, for the one in the desktop Sims4 folder and do the same with your saves folder. This will give you back your games. Delete the localthumbcache file and restart your game. If that doesn't work call upon rosemow.

Well patch has corrupted my save that i have been playing since sims 4 came out, back to sims 3 i think best of them all.

I'm so sorry to hear that. My game appears to be just fine. Is it possible for you to roll back a save?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Evie0602 wrote: »

No, I don't think so - they seem really random and looking at them is no help - I think it's the game being buggy post-patch.

I was able to stop the LE's being generated in my game by setting MCCC back to defaults for all the autonomy settings. Particularly the ones that make "ask if single" and "ask to stay the night" friendly rather than romantic interactions.

I was getting exceptions when my sims socialized, particularly romantic, but not exclusively. They were even occuring during autonomous socialization.
    Based on the last exceptions being logged, I could see autonomy was involved so one-by-one I went through all of my mods related to autonomy and socializing. Removing all of them made no difference, so then I went to MCCC settings and returned all autonomy and social settings to the default. That did the trick.

If you want to share your last exception log with me, I can try to point you in the right direction if the above settings thing is not your issue.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep and others with what seem to be MCCC issues: @Deaderpool is actively dealing with particular issues with particular parts of his mod suite over on his Discord and it's been suggested to me that you may well want to head there. Invite link: https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU