Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you play with sound on?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    yes
    Of course, it's how I know there was a lot of spooky wind in TS2 when you placed that dead tree on a lot. Ambience. In TS4 it had problems with an HDMI connection and I couldn't hear the 'nature' sounds at all. I complained about that but it was never fixed. I could hear ocean etc. but not bugs or crickets and things like that. Very disappointing. My husband plays any game he likes with no sound. I wouldn't be able to do that unless it was really annoying music etc. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CookieCrumblezzCookieCrumblezz Posts: 3 New Member
    no
    I listen to other music while playing. For some reason having sound on distracts me from the actual game, but having music on makes me focused on the game.
  • Options
    itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    yes
    I do, but I usually turn the loading screen, build mode music off
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    yes
    All sounds are on in my game. Sometimes, I love listening to the radio play Winter Holiday or Jazz music from the stereo while my Sims work from home or make videos.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    yes
    But I've turned off the music which annoys me.
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    other explain
    I play with sound on for the most part. Sometimes I might listen to an audio book or listen to a radio program when I play then I don' have the sound on for the sims.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    yes
    I cannot play without sound, unless I'm building, I can't connect to the world, or my sims without hearing whats going on!
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    yes
    Yes! I really love the sound effects of the game, the only thing that makes me feel less happy (?) is the fact that I think TS3 music for the build and buy modes were more catchy, so I prefer it. But anyway, I really enjoy listening to my sims talking to each other in TS4.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    yes
    I listen to the sound but my sims don’t have any music in the background, I find it distracting. If I am listening to music then that is the only thing I am doing, if I am playing a game then that is what I am doing. Not a multitasker really, prefers to give one thing all of my attention.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    no
    Usually I listen to a podcast or some music. I don’t find the sound all that compelling in the game.
  • Options
    digitaltrashcandigitaltrashcan Posts: 30 Member
    yes
    if i'm actually in game then usually yeah, but if i'm building or in cas i mute it and listen to my own music
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    other explain
    I switch between listening to the game's sound and having videos/movies on as background noise.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Yes, but turned right down because the tv is in the same room at my computer, so can listen to tv or music if I feel like it.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    other explain
    In Sims 1, I couldn't stand listening to all the car horns forever honking and the babies crying. I also didn't understand Simlish and hated the music constantly on while trying to buy something. So I turned it off and no longer used it. In Sims 3 I temporarily turned it on just in time to hear a sim yell "Yoohoo!" when jumping into a WA transfer pool, which made me realize I was missing some really cute things. So now I hook up my headphones and listen with them every once in awhile. People have talked about all the Sims music they love in the different versions and I feel left out cause I haven't heard any of them.
  • Options
    KirbycatKirbycat Posts: 21 Member
    yes
    I can't imagine playing with sound off. Since the release of seasons, I've been putting on my headphones so I can fully immerse myself in thunderstorms! I love hearing the birds chirping or the cats purring. Now that I think about it, listening to the background in my game is pretty relaxing.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    yes
    There are so many cool sound effects in the game that add a really nice touch while playing.
  • Options
    Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    other explain
    Sometimes, if I'm watching a show in the background then no.
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2018
    yes
    I love the music, simlish and ambient sounds. <3
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    WarpStarsWarpStars Posts: 17 Member
    yes
    I keep the music off but I keep the sound on. I just don't feel like I'm fully experiencing the game without sound effects, the same goes for just video games in general. No sound effects makes it more difficult for me to play.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    yes
    Always have my earphones on. Don't disturb anyone... And still can hear the kids through. (Or pretend not to...).
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 797 Member
    yes
    I keep the internal volume on most aspects low, and manually turn it down even more when building. Otherwise I'm hearing the building song loop in my dreams. :/
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8