Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simple Things That Could Be Added To The Game!

I know most people ask for big things, things that take time to make and may change a lot in the game, so the gurus must make some changes then to the present game to accommodate the new thing!

So I decided to give a list of things they can give us that would be extremely easy to add, because it only adds to the game, but won't change other things or affect anything else!

Like:

Adding more Wall covers, especially wallpaper and tiles too!

Adding more floors, especially carpeting!

And a few slightly harder things:

More painting and other wall hangings!

More knickknacks to decorate shelves and fireplaces or other surfaces!

Just more clutter for anything and everything!

More clothes and hair for Children and Toddlers!

More hats, better winter caps, that cover the ears instead of just setting on the top of their heads, better baseball hats, especially for the children. toddlers have a really nice one, why don't the children? Also give the same one to all ages!

Special things for the children and the toddlers, toys, interactions, slides for the children!

Special things for the Teens, interactions, other things!

Baseballs, footballs, soccer balls, hacky sack, frisbee, and interactions to go with them, like play frisbee, play catch, and so on!

Picnic baskets, going on a picnic with your date or just friends and family!

More music style on radios like, Rock, heavy metal, R&B, oldies!

More TV shows/movies/stations!

More different styles of music to sing on the Karaoke machines, more songs for the styles we have, plus add hip hop, rap, R&B, heavy metal, hard rock!

Make more furnishings that match each set, like all pieces in a bathroom set match, bedroom, kitchen, living room and dining room, instead of mismatched, like a sofa that don't go with anything or a shower or tub or toilet and so on!

Can anyone else think of some little things they could give us or just slightly harder things?

To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• Options
    EmccarthyEmccarthy Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be great if The Slablet or something similar could be used for writing, so that it can be done while your sim is out and about. Kinda like how the Digitalistic Sketchpad can be used to create art without an easel.
  • Options
    FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    - The ability to reschedule holidays
    - More trait-based interactions and features
    - The ability to share a specific picture/selfie from the sims's phone on Simstagram
    - Snacks you can have in your sim's inventory that don't spoil (bars, peanuts etc.) Similar to fruit and vegetables, but more realistic.
    - More stuff to put on shelves without using MOO. There are so few!
  • Options
    toriglori98toriglori98 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have several that would be targeted at the next Sims game as a whole, but one simple addition to Sims 4 that i can think of would be height adjustment. I want my smol girl to not be the same height as my tol boy, if you catch my drift.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have several that would be targeted at the next Sims game as a whole, but one simple addition to Sims 4 that i can think of would be height adjustment. I want my smol girl to not be the same height as my tol boy, if you catch my drift.

The problem with that I think is that the kissing animation wouldn't work since you would have to adjust every single one for all the different heights

Otherwise they'll be kissing the forehead or neck
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member

Unfortunately, that really wouldn't be a simple add on! Like FreezerBunnyCowplant said, they would have to adjust too many things to get it to work, we will just have to wait for the next game, The Sims 5, for something that big to be done!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would like to second rescheduling holidays and also more traditions and icons to choose from. There are so many interactions in the game it could be simple to add more such as copying the selection from GT - Clubs

More build mode wall coverings and floorings. Certain categories such as carpet are severely lacking.

Traits should be more powerful. Emotions seem to overpower everything they do.

Whims - Definitely need more variety of whims and whims should be worth more points I feel. Some whims take forever to do and will get you like 25 points.

Underwear - I just really want briefs for my Sims lol
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    - more tiles
    - more wallpapers (espc more panelling wallpapers)
    - more modern (minimalistic) styled furniture
    - more musical instruments (clarinet, trumpet...)
    - more rugs (it's never enough)
  • Options
    Samantha2028Samantha2028 Posts: 6 New Member
    -Update parenthood, split households with shared visits, emotions regarding split homing, payment from whomever has child less, more realistic.
    -More small decorative items that can actually fit on a shelfs. i build alot of sim homes and love to decorate them all but i find myself having to use the same items in each room sometimes.
    -Apartment,town home, duplex build mode.
    -More variety of curtains. Most of the time i don't have but 2/3 options to fit the windows i chose.
    -CAS mode, more options on the hair colors, being able to highlight or change it personally like Sims 3.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Underwear - I just really want briefs for my Sims lol

More underwear options is one of my simple wants. I feel that the game lacks Bridget Jonses knickers.
    msss6qb06tgaecedbysv.gif

And newspapers.
    We got fake newspapers for on the floor (with pets I think), but no real ones to read the news in, nor do the crossword puzzle, nor read the funnies, nor check the forecast, nor read the celebrity gossip section. Every single pack could add something new to a newspaper.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    More color swatches for existing furniture
  • Options
    poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    > @toriglori98 said:
    > I have several that would be targeted at the next Sims game as a whole, but one simple addition to Sims 4 that i can think of would be height adjustment. I want my smol girl to not be the same height as my tol boy, if you catch my drift.

I actually think I saw a mod for that! Not sure if you use them and also not sure what kind of glitches it would cause :D
    xbeou9.jpg
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2019
    One simple CAS addition I'd really like to see would be a whole-cut Derby, simply because it is one of the most basic, most commonly worn shoes and has been around for decades. It can be seen at weddings, funerals, pub crawls and CEO meetings. From the Blues Brothers to POTUS, probably every male who ever had a job interview owns a pair and they shouldn't be missing in TS4.

EDIT: Updated link.
    Post edited by TopNotchToddler on
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Paint the ceiling!
  • Options
    LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    more places should be added like the Zoo, arcade, water parks, malls, cinemas, game reserves and the beach.
  • Options
    LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    bring back vehicles to the game and make them customizeable also add more stuff to do with the cop, astronaut and scientist career plus add more pets like birds, horses and maybe sharks or dolphins.
  • Options
    NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    Some more traits and more dynamic interactions involved with preexisting traits. Like with evil traits have more interactions that are different from just plain mean. If you don't want to have a realistic evil you can do cartoony villain interactions (tie enemy to rocket, steal candy from baby, trip the waiter, use hypnosis to force people to serenade you and your girlfriend, trick people into thinking social event is a sleepover) things like that. Also if we can have more unique animations with the clumsy trait, like they randomly trip when they walk or jog in the street, or the frying pan is more likely to hit them in the head (even at high level cooking skill), musical instruments breaks (keyboards lose keys, string on guitars break, etc) or whenever the jump something near them accidentally breaks.

Also, can kids start working on adult skills a little earlier. Something like painting, logic, or even writing. Especially if they've gotten a certain amount on a kid skill. After achieving a skill score of 5 on creativity they can now work on painting and writing skills. It could be capped so they can't go beyond level 2 or 3 until they're teens.

New Traits to Consider:
    I saw this on an older thread, but "A drama llama" trait would be cool
    "A Sweet Trait or Goody Two Shoes trait" (they could gain negative buffs when ever someone does something mischievous or mean; and they constantly want to compliment people and do volunteer work and get sad when they don't help others.)
    "Vain Trait" (they are bored by everything that is not about them)
    "Nervous Nelly" - You don't know who Nelly is, or do you? Did she say anything about you? Is she mad?
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I would like to be able to:
    • organize my personal inventory, right now it is like my purse, have to dig to find anything.
    • have storage boxes not all connected so I could save things in different boxes and find them easier. like, one for minerals, one for fossils.
    • put food in the cooler to eat later.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I want body morphs for children and toddlers just like T-E have. otherwise all of the children look the exact same. also, body part "resizers" for all sims, like being able to make the torso shorter, arms or legs longer, etc. this would enable people to make a wider variety of sims, including ones with dwarfism or gigantism. last thing is that for gender, we should have a "genderless" option, which would make the sim be referred to as "it." we were lucky to get masculine framed females and feminine framed males, but there's still some lacking of human diversity that could be easily covered. I mean, if I were a little person, making my simself would be quite the frustration.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    bring back vehicles to the game and make them customizeable also add more stuff to do with the cop, astronaut and scientist career plus add more pets like birds, horses and maybe sharks or dolphins.

lol but sharks and dolphins aren't pets XD
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    An alarm system to use in venues / homes that could stop those kleptos before they could successfully swipe things.
  • Options
    Wow, this post was supposed to about SIMPLE things Maxis could put in the game, not just everything you want in the game!

Height adjustment isn't a SIMPLE thing to do, not with a game that is already out, asking for Zoo, arcade, water parks, malls, cinemas, game reserves and the beach, to all be added, isn't SIMPLE things to add either!

Its like the whole post took on a mind of its own, and people are just ignoring the header, and saying whatever comes to mind! :#
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I want body morphs for children and toddlers just like T-E have. otherwise all of the children look the exact same. also, body part "resizers" for all sims, like being able to make the torso shorter, arms or legs longer, etc. this would enable people to make a wider variety of sims, including ones with dwarfism or gigantism. last thing is that for gender, we should have a "genderless" option, which would make the sim be referred to as "it." we were lucky to get masculine framed females and feminine framed males, but there's still some lacking of human diversity that could be easily covered. I mean, if I were a little person, making my simself would be quite the frustration.

Again, like height adjustment, body morphs aren't SIMPLE to add!

Try to stick with things that are easier in this thread please! Its now all bogged down with people asking for some of the hardest things for the creators to add instead of the SIMPLEST!

P.S. when I said SLIGHTLY harder, I meant SLIGHTLY harder,not just plain HARD or very Hard!

There are plenty threads with lists of, in some cases, impossible added stuff, as well as your harder possible stuff, this is for those who can think of things that can be easily created by the programmers, and placed in our games without altering so much if anything!

Keep it SIMPLE guys! Don't make me slap you with my ruler!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have a ton of simple things I'd like, but going by something that happened in my game last night, I'll post just one:

Doorbells!

My Sims are constantly missing visitors because I can't hear them knock when focused on the back of the house, a different story, the backyard, basement, etc. If I hadn't panned over to the front of the house when my Sim's children came home from school, she may have missed out on meeting the man who is the love of her life.

If doorbells are not possible, at least have the game camera jump over to show the visitor knocking. They do that when a vampire visits the lot, so I don't see why this couldn't be a feature for visitors knocking at your Sims door, right? :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    edited December 2018
    Here's a simple one. Make three sizes for each style of doors, windows and curtains. At least for the windows, just the portrait ones that are big enough to take up a whole wall, I know there isn't much point for the smaller ones that you place high up.

I would like it if some door styles were more proportionate to tall walls. Also, curtains are very lacking because most of them only fit on one size of window. Some curtians that came with City Living came in three different sizes, so they could fit on different wall heights and that's great. Now we just need the other curtains to come ifn different sizes. Using the size up cheat doesn't always work well because of the proportions of the curtains and windows you mights be using.

More clutter is always welcome.

Edit to add: upgrade mattresses. I would like to click on the bed and buy a new mattress. I'm sick of sims waking up uncomfortable, because then you never want to buy those beds and are always limited to a few if you want them to have a decent night's sleep. Maybe make 3-5 levels of mattress comfort? The higher the level, the more expensive it is. The most expensive bedframes shouldn't start at the bottom level though, but a little bit higher, kind of like how having the connections trait starts you at a higher level in your career.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Carpeted stairs.