Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Yep. As a frequent micro-manager in my other games, playing ISBI (despite the headaches of the NTH's failures) tends to be way more relaxing in a way because I don't have to worry about controlling everybody. :) Plus those failures tend to be hilarious, so there's that. And Mojo is 100% on the points system, it's all cumulative.
  • Options
    bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Roane wrote: »
    Perhaps a silly question (and I might be overlooking the answer but I tried to look, honest!) but can you move the family to a different house once they have enough money? The house or lot I'd choose to start with (assuming usual starting 20k) is not the one I'd like to end up with (more middle-ish on the cost, 40 to 50k range).

@Roane I hope so because i did my building skill are crap in sims4 and the house was overrun with children... so i moved mine to a bigger house.... i hope i didn't break the rules!

I also have a question that i may have overlooked but re jobs can you get teens jobs or just select their adult aspirations randomly as they age up?
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Roane: yes you can move. I've moved my family at least twice. (I'm coming up on a third move. The house I currently have is beginning to annoy me with it's lack of space.)

@bebasim
    Lynnwood wrote:
    You may choose to quit job/retire for any sim you don't want working, and are allowed to assign sims to specific careers as needed.
    Lynnwood wrote:
    NTH sims reaching the top of a career (Teen and YA/A/E) : +10

so yes. Teens can have a job. But you can't tell them to go to a job, whether they end up going is completely up to them :)
  • Options
    @mojot89 - Thank you for that... will get them into jobs they are driving me nuts tonight lol
  • Options
    I had to add this.. seem it's a I*Di*ot Challenge, so I'm watching my main sim.. i get nervous when sims are swimming as i had my sim self drown in the pool in sims3 so watching her and then i hear commotion... i zip over to have a look and my supposed Heir... is up.. stuck under the stairs.. I'm like how on earth did he get in there.. and now I'm struggling to get him out.. sigh!

12-01-18-10-55-27-PM.png
    12-01-18-10-56-26-PM.png
    12-01-18-11-12-20-PM.png

So does this top the cake for ISBI's lol does for me tonight.. sigh...

• Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

I am going to try this again. Last time my entire save vanished and I cried :( Here is my founder Lily Strangeway :p
    70TbTQt.png?1
    She is an Outgoing, Insane (Erratic) Goofball and will be working as a stylist for the rich and famous :D
  • Options
    @mojot89 - The VIP for answering questions. *gives sticker*

@bebasim - LOLwut. That looks like a glitch, it'd be ok to use the teleport cheat to get him out.

@Armika74 - Aww, sry to hear about your first try. Good luck on this one though!
  • Options
    @bebasim That happens to me all the time, lol

@Armika74 Good luck with the new save! Here's hoping you fair better than I have! lol :lol:

@Lynnwood OOOOO!!! A sticker! Those are the BEST! Thanksssss! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Will passing out from being bitten by a vampire count as a failure? Vlad came on a nightly visit and had his "way" with Lily´s boyfriend >:)
  • Options
    @Armika74 I had the same thing happen in my game and had the same question. The consensus that Lynnwood and I came too was that since the vampire "attack" isn't something you can control normally, then it doesn't count as a fail when they pass out afterwards.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Ah yeah I remember that question. XD I was going to count it if it goes into the stats section because That's how I'm keeping track of mine ^^;;
  • Options
    mojot89 wrote: »
    @Armika74 I had the same thing happen in my game and had the same question. The consensus that Lynnwood and I came too was that since the vampire "attack" isn't something you can control normally, then it doesn't count as a fail when they pass out afterwards.

Thank you. Vlad picked the boyfriend (Salim Benali) because Lily is preggers BUT that didn´t help because she had to see "what was happening" and peed herself on top of it all :|
  • Options
    Armika74 wrote: »

Thank you. Vlad picked the boyfriend (Salim Benali) because Lily is preggers BUT that didn´t help because she had to see "what was happening" and peed herself on top of it all :|

Yikes! That's a bummer!
  • Options
    Oh noes! Lol, yea the passing out from the bite doesn't count. There's no way you can avoid it really, so I didn't think it was fair to be penalized for it. The peeing oneself however . . . . :P
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Am I horrible for finding humor in that? I think I'd pee myself too if I saw something like that. lol
  • Options
    @Rawla - I would say yes, but 85% of my enjoyment of playing ISBIs is cackling maniacally at all of their silly little failures, soooo . . . lol
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Rawla - I would say yes, but 85% of my enjoyment of playing ISBIs is cackling maniacally at all of their silly little failures, soooo . . . lol

lol Me too. <3
  • Options
    I was going to ask this same question re vamp bite....
    Caleb bit my sim Aqua and umm she even missed work she just laid on the floor for half a day.. passed out lol i find it amusing and was going to count it in.. is it ok do that? Mine haven't been peeing themselves lately grrr they did more when i had one toilet in the house now with 4 they don't sigh!
  • Options
    @bebasim - Sure, it's fine to count it. I've always been a believer in making things a little harder/more unforgiving for entertainment and enjoyment (hence the Hard-Mode rules).
  • Options
    @Lynnwood - Completely agree, i absolutely love torturing my sims with hard mode lol... makes simming more interesting :smiley:
  • Options
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @mojot89 - The VIP for answering questions. *gives sticker*

@bebasim - LOLwut. That looks like a glitch, it'd be ok to use the teleport cheat to get him out.

@Armika74 - Aww, sry to hear about your first try. Good luck on this one though!

Sorry @Lynnwood - I just seen this reply, as i'm very new to sims4 and just learned how to use testing cheats true which i tend not to use when playing as i like it hard, but in the end i placed a door and reset him and all the time, i thought it was a glitch too. There is no way he could get under those stairs, but thankfully he came out and i didn't lose a sim to weird events :)
    Thank you for your reply i might have to look into the teleporting and how it's done if i need it in the future - hoping not. :smile:
  • Options
    @bebasim Teleporting is easy! Make sure testing cheats is enabled and then Shift + Click anywhere and select "teleport here" :)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @bebasim Teleporting is easy! Make sure testing cheats is enabled and then Shift + Click anywhere and select "teleport here" :)

@mojot89 - You are the BOMB thank you!!! will write this down so i can use it next time <3 mwah thank you so much! I never knew how to do this!!

@Lynnwood - I broke the rules I'm sorry... i had to do it... so i thought i would share.. Caleb has entered my family.. i did some reading on sims4 and vamps.. i love me a good vamp i can't have a vamp in my house NOT to try him out... so forgive me i did ONLY try the vampire moves... i wanted to see the animations.. Vlad Creepy Magoo came to the house... so i used Caleb to spar as i really want to see what sims4 vamps can do... I haven't controlled him for anything else.. just to have me some vampire game time.... but i had to share my breaking the rules :blush:
    My excuse is I'm new to sims4... so can be forgiven :tongue:

some captures.. da*m*n he's hot even as a bat lol
    12-10-18-12-32-46-AM.png
    12-10-18-12-33-21-AM.png
    12-10-18-8-43-37-PM.png
    12-10-18-8-44-28-PM.png
    12-10-18-12-45-13-AM.png

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Haha. I'm new to Sims 4 as well... Well relatively new now. And vampires was one of my first packs. I forgive you for testing it :p
  • Options
    @Shadami - are you currently doing the ISBI challenge? If so do you have a link to your happenings.. would love to see it.
    I am enjoying Sims4 atm... when i first stated it was so foreign to me i didn't do anything with it, just controlling the camera was difficult but now if i don't go in for one day i get miserable lol. I am loving this family and their own quirks that sims4 has, but the vamps... yes my weakness i can't not try Caleb out while he's here.. only for vamp stuff i want to see what they can do i love vampires but i might have to create another family to play just so i don't break rules here.. I figured if i did that without actually helping him or making him do other things it would be forgiven :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top