Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like Neighborhood Brawl Day?

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I use a mod that disables both brawl day and and prank day, replacing them with extra skill days.

I need thatmod -- Prank Day is fine for my goofball Sims but most of my Sims don't really fit that profile. Link please?

@stilljustme2 :
    There are two separate packages in the rar-file, so you can disable just brawl day and keep prank day:
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/
    The mod is called skilldaytweak, you will have to scroll down a bit.

@Sigzy05 : There's also a mod that disables bear, alien and knight night at the bar completely:
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    The mod is called lessbarnights.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Neighborhood Brawl Day is awesome!
    I don't use it every time it rolls around but it can be fun for some of my sims. Mostly I've played around with it in my single sim households. I can't see playing with a family and enjoying it... well unless I snuck someone out of the house to engage in it. I've x'd it out for some sims.
    I don't always play like life should be.. and I'm sure glad stuff like this is in the game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What I hate are the alien and bead themed nights. That’s what I hate. It’s the reason I avoid going to bars.

This I’m not in love with but it’s just one day and doesn’t happen too often in my game. The other is every week :/

I love those nights! Okay, the bears are weird. But I love the alien and ghost nights and I'll go to bars specifically for that.

My one complaint about Brawl Day--it doesn't count towards the criminal aspiration to "fight 5 times" or the vampire aspiration to "defeat 3 vampires in combat." I've cheated it when it's come up, because a fight is a fight as far as I'm concerned.

I had one Sim die on Brawl Day. One of the household Sims started beating up the Grim Reaper. That was hilarious. And very much in said Sim's character to do.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Neighborhood Brawl Day is terrible!
    I don't really get this, to be honest. There's already an interaction for sims to do the friendly fight which I occasionally use with my sims, and there's also the vampire spar. Both can be fun when used under the right circumstances. With this holiday, the fights are so random and out of place. Last time this happened to me, a male food vendor in Selvadorada started beating up my female sim when I wasn't paying attention. Even though it's a friendly interaction, it really didn't sit well with me, especially after she lost the fight and was a little dazed, if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I dislike it. It's merely forced content. Why would my peace-loving Sim go around fighting? Also, seeing Sims fight was perhaps entertaining the first couple of times, but having played the game for years, it has simply gotten old.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I delete it. It doesn't fit my Sims or gameplay to just go out and beat people up. I do like prank day as it is funny. I just don't find the humor in purposely fighting my Sims.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't enjoy it at all, I think a holiday and traditions about pointless violence aren't something to be celebrated, I used to delete the holiday whenever it appeared, though I will now use the mod that replaces it with a skill day.

We already have a tradition to air grievances, I think that was all we needed- not a holiday (that we can't edit) that encourages sims to be violent when they otherwise wouldn't.

There's also additional issues regarding reputation that others have pointed out- despite it being a celebrated holiday, we get bad reputation if we complete it, but if we choose to ignore it our sim gets a negative buff also? It just feels a bit odd all around, that plus the fact I'd prefer no violence in my game just means I'm not the holiday's biggest fan, aha.

I don't understand why we're only able to edit some of the holidays in the game, or toggle the ones we'd prefer to leave out.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There's also additional issues regarding reputation that others have pointed out- despite it being a celebrated holiday, we get bad reputation if we complete it, but if we choose to ignore it our sim gets a negative buff also?

If you cancel it out before it ends then there's no consequence from it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It’s nonsense. Obviously EA ran out of ideas for how to marry existing gameplay mechanics with holidays.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I just got to my first Brawl day, and frankly, I'm unimpressed. My sims don't typically fight or pull pranks, so it's very out of character - especially when one is a Kindness Ambassador! Definitely getting that mod. Though it was kind of nice that they used the same animations from Sims 2. :)
  • Options
    idoliseidolise Posts: 9 New Member
    I usually end up removing it whenever it pops up on the calendar
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

I use a mod that disables both brawl day and and prank day, replacing them with extra skill days.

I need thatmod -- Prank Day is fine for my goofball Sims but most of my Sims don't really fit that profile. Link please?

@stilljustme2 :
    There are two separate packages in the rar-file, so you can disable just brawl day and keep prank day:

@Sigzy05 : There's also a mod that disables bear, alien and knight night at the bar completely:

The special bar nights can also be disabled with MCCC if anyone's interested.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

@stilljustme2 :

Omg really? I'm getting that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    I don't like it and never have participated in it. I do love all other holidays though!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I delete it and Prank Day from my calendar whenever it pops up. It's pointless and I don't like how it promotes violence even if it is supposed to be all in fun. I think it would've been better if it was an 'event' instead. They really missed the boat with this one.

Could've put in a boxing ring and anyone that wants to box could show up and box for prizes. We already have the 'boxing' animation in the game with the Punching Bag. Having food stalls around the ring for anyone that just wants to attend and watch would've been cool too. Could have check boxes for it to designate if your Sims want to 'attend' or 'compete' and choose which Sim you want to box with in the ring.

If it were an event, it would eliminate the 'fail' pop-up/moodlet thing that your Sims get if they don't do the task for it too. Just an idea and my two cents. :)

It's not really a big deal though to me, I just personally don't like how it's set-up now.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I feel like brawl day was such an odd inclusion coming from the company who renamed the insane trait because they felt it was too insensitive.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    It works sometimes in my various saves. It's kind of funny. I'm a little indifferent about it, half the time I let my sims go off and do their own things if they don't have any dire needs or goals. I have one hot-headed sim that always gets into fights so he did pretty well the first time this holiday showed up.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I think it is kind of funny. All fights in the Sims 4 seem like they are supposed to be. And it doesn't lower relationships at all so I treat it like playfighting or something of the sort. Glad it can be deleted for those who don't like it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I don't have seasons, but it sounds really funny lol
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Maybe it's because I hate fighting IRL, but something about this random holiday provides some relief you know? :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I think it's hilarious. I'm a hockey fan, and every time I see it on the calendar it falls on a Saturday. If you ever watched the opening for Hockey Night In Canada back in the day, a certain Elton John song covered by Nickelback (and quite well BTW) will play in my head. For that reason, I won't let my Sims partake in that holiday until after 7pm.

The last time, it was hysterical. The holiday was on the same day as the Romance Festival.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious. I'm a hockey fan, and every time I see it on the calendar it falls on a Saturday. If you ever watched the opening for Hockey Night In Canada back in the day, a certain Elton John song covered by Nickelback (and quite well BTW) will play in my head. For that reason, I won't let my Sims partake in that holiday until after 7pm.

The last time, it was hysterical. The holiday was on the same day as the Romance Festival.

Oh no. :D

Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    harvestmeadowharvestmeadow Posts: 18 Member
    I delete this one because I am trying to keep a good reputation with my community. It bothers me that when I delete the holiday it says it ended early and my sim is upset because they had a bad brawl day. I don't remember to delete in advance on the calendar. Ugh.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I think it is very weird especially since is doesn't seem to really matter to their relationships, it's a bit psychotic and out of sorts with the rest of the game.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Omg, I love it! I have a couple of hot-headed sims who "adore" this holiday. I like sending my sims to the bars and it is hilarious! When Rachael has beat up enough sims to complete the holiday, I send her home. :D This is a silly, funny game after all...not so much in rl.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top