Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Careers you don't play?

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm surprised to see so little interest in the secret agent career. Does no one else here like Hollywood spies? :D
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I'm surprised to see so little interest in the secret agent career. Does no one else here like Hollywood spies? :D

I've got a couple of secret agents. Both vampires, although that's more coincidental than anything. I feel like that's a career suited for very particular sims :D

I can't think of any that I haven't used at some point, but I'd say the comedian branch of entertainer and the bodybuilder branch of athletic are probably the ones I've used the least.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited December 2018
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I play them all. Plus CC careers too.

Any cc careers you would recommend? I'm not so concerned with the climbing or wages, more with how it can add to interests and personality etc.

Not right now. As they're script files and mostly done with this one modder programme, they're all not updated and uncompatible right now.
    You can build one yourself with the tool/programme. It seemed fairly easy.
    @Simmerville
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    RuinaRuina Posts: 20 Member
    I found the business career quite dull, though I quit at early stages, maybe it gets more interesting with promotions. Running retail/restaurant/vet clinic is good for storytelling purposes but exhausting in-game. I also haven't yet played the secret agent and stylist careers.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Any cc careers you would recommend? I'm not so concerned with the climbing or wages, more with how it can add to interests and personality etc.

The site to watch is https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/. So many careers there you won't need any others (just mho). As @Simpkin has already said, though, currently waiting on updates which are waiting on the toolset to be updated. She did check in though to let us know the updates are coming.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    Doctor, Detective - I don't like the pre-made buildings for those careers
    Politics
    Critic
    Social Media - I tried it once when I played with a makeover and cloned (all skills reset) version of Penny Pizzazz for 4-5 months. I found the tasks to do at home too tedious, she had to be on the computer streaming 2/3 of her free time, constantly update her social profile and the low income compared to the work she had to do wasn't worth it.
    Style Influencer - Haven't had the occasion to try it yet. I'm not very interested in the career.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

The site to watch is https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/. So many careers there you won't need any others (just mho). As @Simpkin has already said, though, currently waiting on updates which are waiting on the toolset to be updated. She did check in though to let us know the updates are coming.

Yeah that person is one who's mods I use :) As can be seen they used the programme too. Once it's up and running I'll try making some for myself. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I've never played the secret agent career and I've only played the athletic one once. I don't care for the body builder side, I wish they had a sports superstar, sport agent, or head coach for the athletic career.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    kthlnmnstrkthlnmnstr Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm too boring, honestly I only use a few careers at all.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I try to use them all, but sometimes I just can’t make the career fit the sim’s personality since I try to plan out a sim’s life ahead of time.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I play them all. Plus CC careers too.

Not right now. As they're script files and mostly done with this one modder programme, they're all not updated and uncompatible right now.
    You can build one yourself with the tool/programme. It seemed fairly easy.
    @Simmerville

I love programming, but I already have routines for my ow cc careers and with the new option to register a sim's job title/description, I'll keep it simple. Mostly I just create a job for my sim, and not a full career. I play rotationally, so there isn't much time for promotions (without cheating) anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I've never gave secret agent career a go. I don't like that one at all, if only they'd given us something more realistic instead of it, like a teacher, lawyer, army...
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

The careers that I haven't done:

-Actor
    -Athlete
    -Critic
    -Social Media
    -Style Influencer

I love the astronaut to bits. Only use it when I play my FemShep <3 Mass Effect forever!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me:

1. Scientist
    2. Criminal
    3. Style Influencer
    4. Comedian
    5. Politics

No real reason, they just don't always 'fit' within my save games much. I guess I need to actively try them out! Some of them I've never tried and others I've just not given a fair shot. Thanks, by the way. This thread has made me realize that there are quite a few aspects of this game I haven't really used. Maybe its time to start exploring the possibilities.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have done very few of the careers, both rabbit hole and interactive. I have a 'Super Sim' that I want to do all the careers with, but in normal gameplay I have a few I prefer and otherwise I just make money with other means.
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    I never play... social media career and critic. They are too up to date for me, I'm leaning more towards the old fashioned careers. It's like when the dad tells his son to stop playing the guitar and "get a REAL job! Being a rockstar isn't a real job!"
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think I've played all careers at some point, but I very seldom manage to reach level 10 in them.
    I probably play police the least, because I got bored when it was so buggy.

My favourites are writer, tech guru and scientist, though.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't play Criminal that much; it just doesn't suit a lot of my Sims. Not a big fan of the active careers because it's hard to balance those with raising a family. Probably the ones I play most are the creative careers like Writer and Painter; the Daily Tasks on those (writing books for Writer, create paintings for Painter) can actually help bring in extra money as you increase in skill (getting to level 5 Writer really helps). I also like the jobs with the "work from home" options -- I even played both the Internet careers (Public Relations and Internet Star) and had a lot of fun. I do want to play the Community Organizer branch of Politics still. I also had some mods that added Work From Home options to some of the rabbit hole careers -- I'm waiting for those to be updated for GF because they really help when raising a family.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @stilljustme2 I'm interested in those work from home mods, can you put me in the direction of them? Pretty please!?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I've never played the criminal career!
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I wish that they had a couple 'dirty jobs', like warehouse workers, construction, waste management, etc..
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I wish that they had a couple 'dirty jobs', like warehouse workers, construction, waste management, etc..

Agree to this! There could even be very simple jobs without the career aspect of promotions etc, simply a working schedule and a set (low) payment, and perhaps a uniform for adding to the feel of heading for a job. With the new labor registry we could actually name this generic job as we would like.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Like what other said I never olayed with unrealistic careers either. I also find fasion to be a bit boring. I don't care about fadhion in RL so I won't spend my sim doing it Lol, Never trued the Criminal Career too. I still don't had a sim that will fit to that story. U do plan to play it soon as my child sim goes up, and I will give him a mean child to grow.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I've never played with the Criminal Career.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm probably placing my personal bias on my sims again, but I pretty much avoid careers that involve evenings and weekends. This especially is true for culinary, spy career, tech guru (gamer branch), and criminal. The spy career starts off ok, and normally would be neat because it turns into mon-thur, but the problem is that you do not get out of work until 7 PM. This is especially true if there are children in the house. I would like everyone to be home by 5 pm.