Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Get Famous met your expectations so far?

I think so far it has met my expectations and I am pretty satisfied. Sure Del Sol could have been a tad bit bigger and yep they could have put more thought into the buildings that went with it, but I do enjoy the gameplay.

I still feel like seasons is my fave though
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Has Get Famous met your expectations so far? 149 votes

I am satisfied with it
65%
Akl500PCK213Kita5399JaseLaBlue0314alan650111IceyJkippy300jeLlyBeAn1573aelias24Saunta2Angel_mixPlayerSinger2010StormkeepVibseSimpatsyannmcruddphantom121294simgirl1010gingsnap 98 votes
It is so so
16%
rudy8292Cabelle1863Colorist40MrsTomato1018alexandreaKiaraSims4ModsLiljdub97taydevFrancl27TrashmagicDeKayMDianaSimsBreazonaBatmanSimmerbooo0oooMoonSimCupidthenightcourtmicheleiSihu 24 votes
It did not meet my expectations at all/Unsatisfied
6%
GoodywoodfadingaudioBagoas77graventheSavvySimmieEricasFreePlayagustdgemjasAvalonTribune_Y2K 9 votes
I need more time to decide
12%
OneAdorkableGirlKamb64djacquelynstewHowGreatThouArtIsb917elanorbretonJennyggkellzabixtersakinatsukana28MiguelDiogoSimtown15BusufuItsJaniermikamakimonMadachan88Evie0602WildIrishBanshee 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Thus far, City Living and Seasons are my favs. Although it still rains too much, Seasons definitely adds a realistic dimension to the game. So in that regard, it's probably ahead of all the other packs.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It is so so
    It did meet my expectations, though my expectations were not high (they weren't low either, they just weren't high)

Everyone's upset about the size of the world but I couldn't care less about it. A lot of the other design decisions in this pack do bother me, though. I think resource allocation was way off. A lot of work went into that acting career and it's fun to watch a sim climb through it the first time but its replayability value is low. Also the heavy focus on social media. Managing my sim's social media nearly tops my list for the most boring things I've ever done in my life.

Still, I really love the CAS, the Build/Buy, and the Celebrity system itself, and these things redeem the pack for me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    The only beef I have is there's not enough lots to build on, but I'm over that. I used to specialize in smaller homes, but this forced me to build homes on larger lots. Now I'm becoming a fan of having larger rooms and homes in general.

I agree there should have been more thought about putting more "exclusive" stuff in the VIP sections of the premade venues. I really feel the VIP section should be as good as the ones we had in TS3. But that's where we come in. I would love to upgrade the VIP section of Orchid A Go Go or even build my own version so when a Sim gets past the bouncer they should be in for an experience.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I don't like the lack of choices we as players have been given fame wise. I don't really want to play an actor sim. I'm much more interested in the independent content creator career, but since it's not an official one, it feels unfinished and frankly, they should have included it with City Living as a part of the social media career (just the fact those two are completely separate things from two different expansions blows my mind)

On top of that, the world is small and CAS items don't speak to me.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2018
    I am satisfied with it
    It is not my style and I didn't think I would enjoy it. I was gladly surprised by it and it turns out it is a very fun pack and has amazing BB catalogue.
    Since I was not expecting a lot from it it definitely exceeded my expectations. Will I play a lot with the fame system in the future? I doubt it. Will I use over and over other aspects of the pack? Absolutely.

I really dislike the world and some aspects of the fame system though.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I have no expectations with this game anymore lol

—T
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Loaded it but haven't played it yet
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I don't really think I had too high expectations but I am please with it. For me, I am not heavy on gameplay and moreso on building, but I do found the additional quirks given to celebrities make me want to actually gameplay more. Its could be because I don't really have any mods or ccs in my game that makes me appreciate something so minor, idk. I also like the fact that because they had an acting career, they had to create different theme props which gives me a little more fantasy and sci-fi items to incorporate in my builds. The actual amount of lots available doesn't overly bother me, primarily because I have a couple theme game saves and nowhere near done building on every lot.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    This could be my favorite pack so far. It's affecting all aspects of my game play either through reputation or fame. I'm really enjoying the perks and the variety of what they do. I'm enjoying the opportunities although I often read and ignore them because I don't want that to happen to my sim at that time (particularly the job offers). Of course all the new stuff, items ect.. I've played with the pack at least 30 hours so far and haven't touched the acting career or been everywhere yet.
    I'm starting to think this could be one of my top favorite EP's for the difference in game play it's brought. I almost feel like I'm playing the game anew.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I'm totally satisfied, but I didn't have any expectations in the first place. The thing about expectations is they tend to put one in a position of being disappointed, much easier to just not have them and be pleasantly surprised by what you actually do get.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    kippy300kippy300 Posts: 24 Member
    I am satisfied with it

I like the EP but the Vampire Cheat "stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593" now stops at a certain number and won't go any higher. I can't max out my Vamp's skills anymore.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    I am satisfied with it
    I am so happy with this pack! It's even better than I was expecting it to be. I still wish bands were included, but if they come in a later pack and are better than we've had in the past, I won't be upset. I'd rather them be a stand-alone and fully fleshed out feature than tagged onto another pack and just the basics.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    It is so so
    The gameplay and furniture exceeded my expectations, but the world size bothers me quite a bit. If we had CAW and could add our own worlds it wouldn't bother me nearly as much, but we rely on the new worlds to give us more space. I know some don't mind the tiny world and are satisfied with the number of lots we have in the game (in all worlds), but I know I expect more space in the next world..
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    agustd wrote: »
    I don't like the lack of choices we as players have been given fame wise. I don't really want to play an actor sim. I'm much more interested in the independent content creator career, but since it's not an official one, it feels unfinished and frankly, they should have included it with City Living as a part of the social media career (just the fact those two are completely separate things from two different expansions blows my mind)

On top of that, the world is small and CAS items don't speak to me.

I also thought that the Social Media career in City Living involved some content creation when I got it but it was something else, instead. So it is weird that the careers are made for separate worlds and are made to be different but related at the same time. Additionally, I still don't know why my Sim keeps updating her profile so much in the Social Media career or adding stuff so often if there is nothing to be gained but followers with no reward for gaining them. Therefore, none of that makes any sense to me and seems like a waste of time.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I like almost everything about it except for the world size. The world is tiny and not as immersive as other worlds.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    This is not really the expansion I was looking for, but I actually really enjoy it! I am really impressed.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I like the clothing and accessories included in the pack and I tried the patched career (Style Influencer) but that's all I have tried so far. The career and interactions included in the pack did not interest me at all (probably because I did not play the other fame-related packs in the series, Superstar and Showtime). I haven't even played the premade Sims in this pack that came from Sims 2.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have the EP but had not played it yet and glad I did not pay full price on it so it did meet my expectation of getting it cheap. I am hearing there is an lot of bugs in this pack and the bugs that are experienced may be different than others. I am leaning more towards it is so-so as the packs are following an pattern of being gimped. I am not really into the fame thing and I wasn't in it for for Sims 3 eithier. However, it is purplexing that such an small neighborhood and an lot flux was made. You would think the world would match the hype being put out about this pack and it is dismal least to say, I say come big or do not come at all.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    It did meet my expectations, though my expectations were not high (they weren't low either, they just weren't high)

Everyone's upset about the size of the world but I couldn't care less about it. A lot of the other design decisions in this pack do bother me, though. I think resource allocation was way off. A lot of work went into that acting career and it's fun to watch a sim climb through it the first time but its replayability value is low. Also the heavy focus on social media. Managing my sim's social media nearly tops my list for the most boring things I've ever done in my life.

Still, I really love the CAS, the Build/Buy, and the Celebrity system itself, and these things redeem the pack for me.

AGREED!!! At the very least they could have allowed us to read some post from like trolls and such for a good laugh. It just soooooooooo boring wow.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    @keekee53 I also wish you could like post videos or some options like "post goofy picture", "post rant", "post big news" (for when you find out your pregnant). Basically I wish their were options for what you post!
  • Options
    Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    It's funny because I usually buy every pack the day it comes out and I wasn't at all excited about Get Famous. It didn't sound like my thing and I wasn't a huge fan of Showtime on Sims 3. I got Get Famous because I want the whole collection (made the mistake with Sims 3 and got really far behind and never caught up), so I bought it on Cyber Monday at half the price. I was not expecting much. I feel like in these 5 days I was proven wrong and I am really enjoying the gameplay. I like the fact that there are quirks and my celebrity just gained her first Stan. I also like that you can buy the potion to get rid of the quirks if they become too annoying. I did this with the vanity quirk because I couldn't get to a mirror every 30 mins.
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »

AGREED!!! At the very least they could have allowed us to read some post from like trolls and such for a good laugh. It just soooooooooo boring wow.

That is a really cool idea! Maybe, they can include that in a patch or something.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    It is so so

Yeah, it's very time consuming and monotonous. It loses its charm very quickly.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I’ve barely done anything with it, so idk. I’m waiting for my sims to grow up so they can do majority of the stuff, but I have one kid in drama club and another who captures footage with the drone.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    TLM08 wrote: »
    @keekee53 I also wish you could like post videos or some options like "post goofy picture", "post rant", "post big news" (for when you find out your pregnant). Basically I wish their were options for what you post!

Yes!! I would love that too.