Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[bug] The recording part of get famous and the stream bot cant upload to a stream station

davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
i'v got a logic topic i want to do but when i record with the gotta stream em all it records but then when i try to transfer it to the station to edit it the thing just wont do anything so now i'v hit a sort of road block where the robot is useless :(

Title edited
Post edited by davidsara on

Comments

• Options
    dizzyloverdizzylover Posts: 8 New Member
    Try putting the drone in your inventory, then sit at the station, and try the option again.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    dizzylover wrote: »
    Try putting the drone in your inventory, then sit at the station, and try the option again.

wouldnt have thought trying it again would do much i'll do it just to be sure, since the game is currently closed
    yeah didnt work from inventory either, on a plus side i just learned the bot automatically shuts down if you try to woohoo while streaming :open_mouth:
    guess they thought of that one, was making a flirty video and they sort of just went woohoo and it shut down :p
    Post edited by davidsara on
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    You cannot upload it from streaming... as streaming is live.... if you want to use the bot to upload videos you have to use the record option instead of the stream option (since streaming is live footage and already being uploaded as its happening... instead of money you get fame for this)
  • Options
    You cannot upload it from streaming... as streaming is live.... if you want to use the bot to upload videos you have to use the record option instead of the stream option (since streaming is live footage and already being uploaded as its happening... instead of money you get fame for this)

i ment recording, sorry was half awake when i wrote that and didnt quite go back to correct it :p
  • Options
    narbinenarbine Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. When I click 'transfer videos to the more views video station" either nothing will happen or the action will delete itself.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    People with this problem should head over to official bug reporting: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited November 2018
    narbine wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. When I click 'transfer videos to the more views video station" either nothing will happen or the action will delete itself.

Hello @narbine
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-Videos-from-drone-won-t-transfer-to-video/m-p/7184970#M76959
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Is your sim standing by the recording table when you tell them to transfer the video? I have found that if my sim is not in the same room/area as the table, the action will cancel itself out. So whenever I have to transfer footage from the drone, I put it in my sim's inventory and tell her to walk to the recording table, and then tell her to transfer the video. I don't have any issues if I do it that way.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Is your sim standing by the recording table when you tell them to transfer the video? I have found that if my sim is not in the same room/area as the table, the action will cancel itself out. So whenever I have to transfer footage from the drone, I put it in my sim's inventory and tell her to walk to the recording table, and then tell her to transfer the video. I don't have any issues if I do it that way.

yeah actually recorded myself editting a video (it was made on the stream station thing) and when i tried to transfer it it just wouldnt work, tried everything i could think of, gunna be submitting this first post into the bug reported (i rarely need to report bugs so didnt know where to go)