Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the 11/13 patch was worth the 3 month wait?

So up until this point we have basically had a patch on a monthly basis, but this was 3 month gap since our last patch. Do you think the patch was worth the three month wait?

Do you think the 11/13 patch was worth the 3 month wait? 176 votes

Yes! Definitely worth the wait.
51%
Akl500PwindweaverIcewolfjeepjeepcatalan650111IceyJMadameLeemissmani09Colorist40PlayerSinger2010StormkeepVibseSimpatsyannmcruddjoelygirlsims2asimbsimMeteoraStormThunderbat87simgirl1010cchant86 90 votes
No! It wasn't worth it!
10%
CrazyboutTheSimsfadingaudiokerryemmiebethBagoas77mock68icftlduceyricAPottsMaggieMarleyDeKayMarch306MinaithenightcourtVivi_WillowTreeNorthDakotaGamerRuevera0882M_Valentine22XareyahhhOfSylvanGlade 19 votes
Mixed Feelings
38%
GoldmoldaricmnfrshKita5399imhappyinvisiblgirlWyrrenMariaftwldmarkohadklaxirishluck1986KrystabelaAeriexo11JennyggChelleJo06Bon06mikawagauginstineChelseadude182Kniga_SitaraBlueSeaWaves 67 votes

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I believe the main new features of the patch to be worth the wait, the bug fixes on the other hand...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    With so many dynamite freebies and so many bug fixes it was definitely worth it.

However, I'm still a little disappointed that a few other bugs were not addressed yet. But all we can do is keep reporting them. Maybe next time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I'm the (rare) kind of person who would rather have a patch with purely bug fixes than any free content. Needless to say, this wasn't it. I didn't even know 80% of the bugs fixed in this patch existed and practically all the ones that were troubling me before it still exist.

Still, since it did add a sizable chunk of free content, I'll give it a pass, even if none of it is anything that I personally care for.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Absolutely! I'm so glad terrain tools are back!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I wish they’d fixed the issue of the GeekCon being rained off. I’ve not been able to attend GeekCon since installing Seasons...
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2018
    No! It wasn't worth it!
    There are still multiple bugs that bother me immensely, so much that I stopped playing after 5 minutes. Guess my standards of a playable game are too high for them to achieve.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I mean, terrain tools! That's pretty awesome. Personally, I wasn't running into many bugs and none that made the game frustrating. I can imagine that there are people for whom the wait was frustrating.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    Well, considering that terrain tools are a big thing to work on and will totally mess with everything, yes,

First person Sims? I think we'd prefer a new free world.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, considering that terrain tools are a big thing to work on and will totally mess with everything, yes,

First person Sims? I think we'd prefer a new free world.

I don't think we'd have gotten a free world out of someone's personal time :wink:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Yes, even though I'm having some minor issues (with the game that are NOT cc or mod related), I'm very happy to have terrain manipulation added at last!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    For me the fixed restocking bug (not mentioned in the patch notes) is the greatest Sims thing in 2018.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I having literally mixed feeling about the patch right now.
    One because it's awesome stuff that comes with it. new career, terrain tools and first person cam.
    And two it did broke tons of mods and cc.
    And did getting a really bad bug which let your sims age when editing in cas. :'( (even when aging is off)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yes. I'm neutral on the new career and the positivity challenge but everything else is great. Terrain tools being the top of the list. Ability to create/name your own custom jobs (though I haven't done it yet). there's a lot of other things too but those are the main things to me.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I feel every patch is worth the wait. They don't have to add free stuff but they do. But people will always be greedy and ungreatful. Especially simmers.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've always said self-employment was one of my most needed features, so it felt more like a few years' long wait :joy: so yes it was worth it to me. Also, terrain tools - not even because I will use them all that much, never did, but because I'm very excited builders are finally getting something they really needed too. And lastly, new free career? Hell yes. My sim is already in it. I just wish we could sit down using the sketchpad - I mean should we be able to and is it just not working for me? Minor hiccup, but aw well.

No complaints here, excellent patch.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    No! It wasn't worth it!
    I'm not impressed.
    The listed fix that says the Bird of Paradise will now spawn flowers has not worked for me and is still not spawning any flowers.
    I also can't find the new clothes and items that we are supposed to have been given.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes!! I think it’s very worth the wait. Tons of cool free features and I’m looking forward to trying them out. Also a ton of bug fixes. Yes they didn’t fix every bug, but that’s not possible in one patch. Also things not fixed just may not have been able to be fixed yet and I understand that. I do think the wait allowed more bug fixes too.

Is it silly that I’m looking forward to setting my tables and having it stay?? I may be most excited for that fix lol.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No! It wasn't worth it!
    Nope, not worth the wait sincr bigger bugs have not been addressed but at the same time, I can understand why it took so long cuz they had hundreds of other bugs to fix that I didn't even realized were in the game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes, if they fix the new bugs that cropped up quickly -- especially the aging Sim while in CAS bug.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    For me the fixed restocking bug (not mentioned in the patch notes) is the greatest Sims thing in 2018.

Oh, it was fixed finally? Cool. It was driving me nuts having to restock one thing at a time.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I'm not impressed.
    The listed fix that says the Bird of Paradise will now spawn flowers has not worked for me and is still not spawning any flowers.
    I also can't find the new clothes and items that we are supposed to have been given.

Maybe the fix doesn't work for existing flowers? Try a new one. As for the clothes and items, it says in the patch that they are unlockables for the new career.
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I voted "mixed" because I really appreciate the work they put into the terrain tool. But actually it was the worst thing that could have happened to me because of the CAS aging bug. For the last two months I had not really "played" TS4 but worked on a template save. That save caught the bug. So far I haven't even looked into the EP/GP/SP bundle I purchased Nov 16, mere minutes before I read about the bug, maybe I never will.

At least I will wait for the next patch before playing again, and that will take time (remember how long it took to reverse the Gallery sort from "Most Popular" to "Newest"?). And when has a break of two or three months in any relationship ever worked out?

One thing about patch day, though. The Python update made it necessary for modders to act fast, and watching the progress on Discord and other platforms was a little like watching the midterms. Every few minutes another modder would announce an update, and at the end seven of the nine script mods I use worked again, the remaining two followed within 48 hours. MCCC has seen three updates since patch day.

These modders in most cases do not profit from the 30 million sold TS4 downloads, but their commitment is exemplary, their speed an embarrassement for some professional software projects. So let's hear it for them, they are my real patch day heroes!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I'm mixed. On the one hand I love the new self-employed feature, career and bug fixes, but on the other it has introduced further bugs as others have mentioned. It has also affected my build (e.g. having to make the roof higher for some reason?), which I have worked around now but was still bothersome. I'm sure the major bugs will be fixed soon though, at least I hope so.
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    By itself, I don't mind a wait while they work on some big projects. I hope the next few months are basic patches to help stomp out bugs and stabilize the code, but I don't mind a bit of a wait while they add big features.

I'm more than a little unhappy with the two major gamebreaking bugs that this patch introduced (CAS aging and santa babies), and with the timing of delaying patches right after a big EP launched. In a few months I'll probably think it was worth it on the whole, but for right now I'm annoyed.
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Mixed Feelings
    I'm really glad for the patch and updates especially on terrain manipulation - I actually spent a couple days learning the tools and building my 1st house ever haha. But at the same time, I'm limited to lot construction and redesign because I refuse to play my sims with the current game breaking bugs.
    *insert cool siggy here*