Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aging game setting do you mostly play on?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Off - No Aging
    nastyjman wrote: »
    I'm very curious what everyone's aging preference is on the game.

Off, I age them up when I want.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I do a custom age span through MCCC - normal age span for babies through teens, then long for YA, shorter for Adult and Elder
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    Normal
    I play on normal, but I use MCCC to tweak some ages to make toddlers a bit shorter, and adults and elders a bit longer so they won't die before they can meet all of their grandkids and see them grow up.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Off - No Aging
    I play with aging off because I want to preserve my main characters and not have them die off. I would play with aging on if (a) there was a reliable way of making selected sims immortal and ageless; and (b) if there was some form of story progression which would allow those sims who aged to reproduce and repopulate the world.
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Off - No Aging
    I used to play sims with aging up on, but sometimes I found my few sims attractive and I don't think I could bear to loose them :neutral:
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Long
    I use a custom setting but there was no choice for that. It's similar to normal except I have a very long YA lifespan.
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    Long
    I play on long, and without aging up babies/toddlers early either!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Bunny_AttackBunny_Attack Posts: 21 Member
    Off - No Aging
    I tend to age them up when I want to, but I mostly keep it off so no one (mostly strays, I'm a softy) dies from old age in town.
    I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    Normal
    Usually normal. I have occasionally played on Long. I don't actually find toddlers too bad, and once they've got all their skills at Level 5 (usually by about halfway through toddlerhood) I'm just twiddling my thumbs. And then Childhood is longer. So Normal is my preferred setting.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Long
    Long... Although in the case of toddlers, I usually age them up prematurely because I just don't know what to do with a toddler for 25+ days.

Same! I even age up children early occasionally.
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Off - No Aging
    Either normal or off. I dislike the long setting because I get really tired of my sims being toddlers, but I guess it could be okay if they have all grown up.
  • Options
    Jxe46896Jxe46896 Posts: 3 New Member
    I play with long life span only because I want to grind out a family and if I turn aging off I'm afraid when I turn it back on (to kill off elders) then every sim will grow old.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Long
    Though, I’ve used MC Command Center to make it even longer.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Normal
    Thanks again, Simmers! When I created the poll, I assumed everyone played at Normal. How wrong was my assumption.

I think Short is for Simmers who are kinda masochistic towards their sims. Which makes me wonder if there's a legacy story with short lifespan.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Off - No Aging
    MadIris wrote: »
    Off because:
    1. I'm constantly creating new storylines to my sims.

2. I'm clingy.

Haha! Same. I love developing my sims’ stories and I’m always coming up with new ideas for their lives. Also, I don’t want them to die. I might not ever let any age to elder either. Some will age to adults, some to teens and young adults, and some will remain kids. I don’t want to see my sims hunched over and with that constant back breaking animation.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Normal
    I do a custom age span through MCCC - normal age span for babies through teens, then long for YA, shorter for Adult and Elder

This is kind of what i have but it's still normal.

If i can remember
    Babies 4
    Toddlers 5
    Child 8
    Teen 13
    Young adult 20
    Adult 20
    Elder 10 or 11
  • Options
    OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    Normal
    Usually always normal, with some exceptions. I have one game at the moment, an Amazon challenge with different households all across Oasis Springs, and so I have it on long so I can spend a decent amount of time with each household before they age up.
  • Options
    FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    Normal
    Honestly, it really depends. Like with my first generation (currently working on and will soon be working on second) I had it on long to have my sim establish in her career as a YA. Then I would go short after she got settled down and has a baby. The. I went normal for the after the baby grew into to a teen. I'm currently 8 days away from the teen being a YA and will start on the second gen.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Normal
    Eh, it varies. I'll usually turn aging off in the very beginning, when I'm getting Sims established with careers and such. I do the same thing in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, although with Sims 2 I had to use cheats. Most of the time I play under Normal, but I may switch to long or even turn aging off if I'm having a Sim do something time-consuming.
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Off - No Aging
    I've never played the normal lifespan option for 4. I have tried turning it on and letting it go...but I don't want my favorite sims to die. Especially the family modeled after my own! haha. I am planning on finally aging up my toddler daughter to a kid on her actual birthday this year though. She will be 4, and definitely doesn't act like a toddler sim anymore. But, the kid stage is still a bit beyond a 4 year old I think. Too bad there wasn't a preschool stage. :P