Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aging game setting do you mostly play on?

I'm very curious what everyone's aging preference is on the game.
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png

What aging game setting do you mostly play on? 186 votes

Short
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote
Normal
35%
Akl500Pcatmom1987GoldmoldaricmnfrshKita5399IcewolfHowGreatThouArtMjstsmPSasquatch7PlayerSinger2010VibseSimpatsyannsimm621asimbsimkerryemmiebethrobyngravesparbopostcardsloubylouloualanmichael1KiaraSims4Mods 66 votes
Long
30%
bshag4lvGalacticGalIceyJdreamergrl84keekee53vik92MeteoraStormStrangerthanAnmirlaWyrrenbarracuda1574Sjofnstilljustme2ldmarkokiara07N0NoTToN0NKatiardguezashcrash19ceyricfallenangel66 56 votes
Off - No Aging
33%
alan650111SikoahGraceAyradyssFKM100Writin_RegPipersfun2simgirl1010gingsnapLadyDecafNivyxSimberella777sekojranaVuloriAnthonydyertaydevFoxrox77elelunicypapertongueauginstineRavager619 63 votes

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Long
    Long... Although in the case of toddlers, I usually age them up prematurely because I just don't know what to do with a toddler for 25+ days.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Normal
    @GrumpyGlowfish I bet handling a toddler that long would be too much.
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Normal
    I used to be a hard core long-lifespan player, but toddlers are brutal. I don't like to age up sims early, so I switched to normal & haven't switched back. I do prefer to play long, but it's just too long for me & normal just isn't long enough.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I normally left it on normal but for a while I turned aging off. I wanted to have the time to befriend everyone. But I have noticed that the longer NPC sims are around, the buggier they seem to get.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Normal
    I usually play on normal in my rotation, but I just switched to long. I have done this before and always come to the conclusion that long is too long for me. But also normal is a little bit too short :/ I play without mods, but I'm starting to think of getting a mod for this.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I actually play with a custom (modded) life span. It is in its totality closest to the long life span though, just divided more realistically between the life stages.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Long
    Long. Which is why my preferred saved game I have been playing for over a year has only progressed with the first generation that has been born are still only toddlers. Well. I also am a rotational player with over 20 household in it :lol: so...
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Normal
    I'd die of boredom if I tried to play on long. :|
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Normal
    I play on a slightly modded normal time span. I believe it works out about three or four days longer than standard normal but I redistributed the age groups to my preference.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Normal
    dfstone wrote: »
    I normally left it on normal but for a while I turned aging off. I wanted to have the time to befriend everyone. But I have noticed that the longer NPC sims are around, the buggier they seem to get.

@dfstone Ooh. How buggy do they get?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Normal
    Although I did use MCCC to lengthen the child, teen, and YA age spans by 5 days and have a mod that eliminates the toddler lifestage.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I used mccc to make the lifespans closer to the sims 3’s long, which was only double as opposed to the 5x we got in this game. That was epic in ts3.
  • CerealmaniacCerealmaniac Posts: 24 Member
    Off - No Aging
    Off because I'm a control freak. 😅
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Long
    I age my Sims up when I'm ready for them to age. I wish we had the sliders given us under Epic in Sims3. But, this is a close second, even so. I've managed to make it work for me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Normal
    I do turn aging off for a while once my Sims age to YA. I accomplish what I want with them, then turn aging back on when I’m ready for them to start their own family.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Long
    I play on Long in my main save, Normal in my Breed Out The Ugly save, and Aging Off in my premades save and vampire save. I started on Long lifespan in both the premade and vampire saves.
    In my main save, I do age up toddlers early.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    All of them, I am constantly playing around with the age settings, but never short.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Off - No Aging
    Off because:
    1. I'm constantly creating new storylines to my sims.

2. I'm clingy.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Long
    I age up toddlers when they reach either level 3 or 5 on all their skills, depending on my plans for them. My child and teen Sims I try to hold off till some of their friends have also aged up, or I'll try to invite the friends over and age them all up (I was using a mod by littlemssam to do that but I took it out until after the patch and it's updated). In my current save I aged up one of my children to teen after he maxed out Piano skill so he could get started on Guitar and finish up the Singer skill; he's going to be my famous (hopefully) musician.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Off - No Aging
    Off most of the time, long the few times I turn it on (so townie babies can age up and everyone can be a little bit older)

I think my pregnancy setting is set to something like ... 60 days.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Normal
    Normal usually...

but the save file I'm currently playing is on long lifespan and I'm enjoying it so far. I'll probably tweak lifespan settings through MCC to reflect my Sims 3 custom lifespan settings at some point.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Normal
    Normal. It suits me just fine. :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Off - No Aging
    MadIris wrote: »
    Off because:
    1. I'm constantly creating new storylines to my sims.

2. I'm clingy.

Same.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    Off - No Aging
    No aging. I tend to get attached to my Sims and I’m always playing new content with the families. When I want to age them and move on to the next generation or kick them out for a new family, then I start to age them up (at my own pace).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Long
    Usually, long for most of my saves, but I have one on short now.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png