Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will custom careers work after new python november patch?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Only if the creator of the mod updates it. All Script mods will be affected.
  • Options
    Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    :'(:'(:'(:'(

Whats the general consensus - will the mods all be updated fairly easily???
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

as far as I've read, it looks like yes, they've got a good grip on what needs to change with the update. it's mainly a matter of whether or not the creators of said careers will be updating their mods after the python update. if they don't, you may be able to find another creator willing to update them for you.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

Dependes. If you're cc creator is active, if the mods are too big...
    MCCC, for example, is big, but its too popular and will probably be updated (not 100% sure).
    Some career mods are simple, and wouldn't be so hard to update.
    The question is: How quick our mods are going to be able to be updated?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I hope who ever made the controllable pets updates it, I don't want to play without it and UI Cheats Extension. I know they are not cc careers
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Seems like most mod creators are ready to update with the patch and have been talking about it since announced.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    what is python patch
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    As someone who creates custom careers, I plan on updating mind. I wish they did the patch last Tues.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited November 2018
    The big patches almost always break custom careers (most of the ones I've seen aren't script mods either). Plan for almost all mods to break, script mod or not. The active modders usually don't take too long to update and I believe the info the modders need for script mods was released (for the python scripting, not the contents of the patch itself), I know the Sims4Studio people made a post saying not to worry too much.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    what is python patch

Maxis is upgrading the version of Python (programming language) used to program the game. Not sure what the current version is, but they're upgrading to Python 3.7 as part of the pre-pack patch for Get Famous, the patch that's coming out this Tuesday. The new version reportedly has better tools for catching conflicts so hopefully it will prevent many bugs from creeping in, and will also resolve some of the long-standing bugs as well. Folks like @SimGuruModSquad and others have been working with the modding community and it sounds like the active modders are well aware of the situation and are prepared to deal with it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    finally some good news!
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    As someone who creates custom careers, I plan on updating mind. I wish they did the patch last Tues.

Can you link to where you have your careers uploaded to? Would love to download them when you get the chance to update.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m in the process of creating (and downloading) some custom careers. Thanks for this thread! @YankeesForever I’d also love to see what custom careers you have :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've got an FAQ to help people figure out which mods are for sure breaking today (which will include custom careers) and to help find updated ones: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18

I know @Neia will need to update her career-builder tool and there will be a different version of Python to compile the careers in after downloading them. I'm not sure how many custom careers out in the wild rely on her tool, but I know my personal-use ones do!

In any case, please be patient with creators. Some will have more complex updates to do than others, and there are always regular-life time constraints.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I’m in the process of creating (and downloading) some custom careers. Thanks for this thread! @YankeesForever I’d also love to see what custom careers you have :)

I have a ton. I have them on my blog below or on MTS as Sims_Lover :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited November 2018
    I won't be able to update the tool (and my mods) for now, but I'll start as soon as possible. Not sure when that will be though :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2018
    *wrong thread!
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    I won't be able to update the tool (and my mods) for now, but I'll start as soon as possible. Not sure when that will be though :)

Thanks, Neia :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    I'm a total newbie when it comes to custom careers and had a question... When Neia is able to update her tool, will the custom careers that use it work at that point - or do the creators of the careers still have to update them at that point?
    (I've got Asia's Ultimate Dancer career going in my game right now and my Sim is nearly to the top of the career path and I don't want to play that family until she's able to keep progressing.)
  • Options
    Hi @AeronwyDiobhell ! When the tool is updated, the careers will need to be re-exported and re-packaged. I've sat down and listed all my custom-career households so I play with other ones for now.
  • Options
    AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    Thank you, @luthienrising!
  • Options
    mxscimxsci Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, most of mine broke so I just removed them. It might take some time before the creators update them.
  • Options
    cydreneecydrenee Posts: 2 New Member
    looking forward to it because I miss my careers!
    > @Neia said:
    > I won't be able to update the tool (and my mods) for now, but I'll start as soon as possible. Not sure when that will be though :)