Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many saves do you currently have?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    1-10
    I cut yesterday my save. For three linie. One with vampires, it is about story. It is save with 13 families, one for my supersims - only one family, and third with other families from story what is not so important - 14 families :)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I am a serial save starter and start several saves on ideas that I am may or may not complete lol
    I’m going to be deleting like most of the 8 saves I have. They’re pointless and I have most of the Sims saved to my Library for later use.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    1-10
    1-10 seems shocking to me, I have 1.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    1-10
    I think I have 2 or 3 but honestly I only play my main save now.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    1-10
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Can't remember if I asked this before so here it is again sorry. So how many saves, rotational plays. challenges and what not do you have that contributes to you being a possible serial save starter?

Two. One is my legacy challenge I started on August 29 2018 and the other is a build save file because I'm working on a house for a series a friend does on Twitch.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    laurastallaurastal Posts: 76 Member
    1-10
    I always delete my old saves when I start creating a lot of new ones... I am a serial deleter LOL.
    bjUJSvq.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    20+
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    82..holy moly lol. You win the thread. I do think you should try rotational play or consolidate the saves you really like under one

I should clarify to say some of those folders are tester Sims, model Sims, a couple templates, a super Sim I downloaded for all the clothes they unlocked, a few one and done played for only a week to try something out, etc. I keep everything for some reason. I don't think I've ever deleted any of my own created Sims since the beginning. I even have a folder for Sims I created in the Demo.

I only keep up to five saves at any one time actually in the game. Right now I have three, one for my Extreme Rags to Riches, Not So Berry and the current one which will either be a Prettacy or Breed Out the Ugly, I haven't decided yet. lol The NSB & ER2R saves are kinda/sorta a consolidated save, but not really. I put original, unplayed copies of all my favorite Sims, plus my two Super Sims in those saves to roam around as townies. It's fun seeing them pop up here and there.

I don't think rotational would work for me because I love playing challenges and they usually all have specific rules that wouldn't mesh with each other. Especially the aging aspect. Plus, I get so focused when I'm playing, I'd probably end up neglecting all but one household per save anyway. I'd always be worrying what the game is doing with the other families too.

I'm having a blast playing TS4 and play every day. With all those saves, you'd think I'd have done it all in the game, and I have experienced a lot, but I have a lonnnnng list of things I've organized into a check list I haven't tried yet. I hope to accomplish all of them someday in the future. Might take me a year or more, but as stated above, I love challenges and I love this game, so it's all good. :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    1-10
    laurastal wrote: »
    I always delete my old saves when I start creating a lot of new ones... I am a serial deleter LOL.

lol
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2018
    10-20
    I used to start a lot of new saves, but have not in a long time. I have 13 saves, all of which I have been playing for a while. In each of those saves I play between 3-6 households actively. When I make a new sim I add them to one of those saves. I frequently mark households as unplayed when I feel I explored everything I wanted and get bored with them, which is usually after the sim I was playing got married and had kids. I keep them in "My Households" and sometimes go back to them. I keep a spreadsheet, which helps me decide where I want to jump in when I start to play. It makes me feel incredibly geeky, but otherwise I'd be lost by now.
    Being able to jump between saves, and not just households, is part of what keeps the game interesting for me.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited November 2018
    1-10
    #1 is my main save
    #2 is my not so berry legacy challenge save, but I paused, because my plumcolor heir has the stupid toddler walk bug T.T
    #3 is my no CC gallery upload save
    #4 is my fiances save. He plays only his vampire sim-self and the alien abduction daughter without aging and he loves the world around his sims being crowded by me with story progression and everything, so his Sims are in my main save.. But I like global aging on (his alien daughter accidently aged almost to elder, while I played, I cheated her teen again), so I started this save. I am halfway done, but he doesn't like it. So I play with aging only current household^^
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I am a serial save starter and start several saves on ideas that I am may or may not complete lol
    I seriously have too many. And cant keep track of what is going on in most of them. Really needs a good clean up.
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    1-10
    I think I have about 8. Usually, I recycle the ones I don't touch for a while so I don't keep making new saves. :D
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    1-10
    I have one save that's exclusively used for testing out new features/content that come with new expansion packs, game packs, etc. I also use this save to test out any new stuff a patch might release. Also, if I ever just wanna mess around with my game, it's my "go to" save.

Otherwise, I always only have one save I actually play at a time.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    1-10
    I have 3 saves at the moment and I don't think I ever had more than 4.
    From the 3 I only really play one (my ambitious rotational game). The second one is a vampire save that I haven't touched in months and then the third is a save where I go to try things or build stuff (if I am on a building spree or want to get creative) that I don't want in my main save.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    I remember started two saves where the first is age-up only and the other one is non age-up. But somehow I accidentally delete one of them and I was like, 'Screw it. Let's make another save', but then I'm just lazy to start all over again x'D
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    1-10
    Only one. I don't get the appeal of multiple saves - I want all my sims interacting with each other.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have way too many saves. I have some I haven't played since 2015 that I haven't deleted for whatever reason.
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    1-10
    By saves, do you mean entire worlds or individual households? I have 2 worlds with I think 200 max sims in each. I go back and forth playing/creating/deleting most of the households. I like to get to know everyone. lol
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    1-10
    I have my legacy save, then a new save where I prepare sims that I want to move into my legacy save. And then a third save where if I get some creativity to build some homes for the sims I’m preparing. If I think they’re good builds I’ll move them into the legacy save but if not, nope