Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When in Buy Mode...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AntiSocialSim72AntiSocialSim72 Posts: 186 Member
    Sort By Function
    When I realized that EA's idea of what goes in which room, besides furniture (for the most part), is highly problematic for me I switched to by function. I have touched every. single. item. that's installed, including game files, so that it's all categorized in a way that makes sense to me so that I can find things easily enough that I don't even need a search anymore. In the end, that was much easier and quicker than continually trying to find stuff.

I do use "by room" for specific cases - all of my CC food is sorted into whatever category the picture of the fridge is, because I like clicking on that to "open" it, so that it doesn't clutter the misc objects tab. I might move to sorting my storage boxes in that kitchen tab somewhere, too, so that they're all in one place.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sort By Function
    I mainly search by function but I don’t want to think about the precious minutes, hours I have wasted looking for something. Some items are hidden in real weird sections :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Sort By Function
    The reality is I use both methods but by function predominates. At one time I knew exactly the content I had but with all the packs and most of the store I can't remember all of it now. Finding things I had forgotten about just adds to the fun of decorating :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    I use both, but I am inclined to use function more. It just depends on what I am looking for.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I didn't vote because I use both. And if I can't find what I'm looking for I'll use collections. And then if it still won't appear I try to remember an old game where I used the thing I'm looking for and go into buy mode and try to clone the thing. That often takes me to whatever it is in buy mode.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Sort By Room
    When I realized that EA's idea of what goes in which room, besides furniture (for the most part), is highly problematic for me I switched to by function. I have touched every. single. item. that's installed, including game files, so that it's all categorized in a way that makes sense to me so that I can find things easily enough that I don't even need a search anymore. In the end, that was much easier and quicker than continually trying to find stuff.

I do use "by room" for specific cases - all of my CC food is sorted into whatever category the picture of the fridge is, because I like clicking on that to "open" it, so that it doesn't clutter the misc objects tab. I might move to sorting my storage boxes in that kitchen tab somewhere, too, so that they're all in one place.

How did you do that?! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Sort By Function
    Sort by function 99,9% of the time.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Um, third option: "it depends".

I use both, depending on what I´m about to do. When I build a whole new house, I mainly sort by room, except for lighting for example, that I sort by function. Also, for some of the harder to find objects, I only know one way to find them, either by going for the room or function route.

That´s one thing I have to praise Sims 4 for: there´s a search function. Really, really wish we had this in Sims 3.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Sort By Function
    I almost always use function. It's still a pain to find stuff (I'm looking at you, misc decor <.<)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Sort By Function
    I didn't think about people possibly using Both...I'm sorry. :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sort By Function
    99% of the time I utilize sort by function unless there is something specific that I can't find easily by that method. If the latter (namely Mrs. McMulty's Magic Water Pump - trying to sift through hundreds of CC is especially annoying) is the case, then I utilize sort by room and if I need to find something really quickly, then I use sort by EP, the little triangle to the sort by function item window.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sort By Room
    I use both depending on what I'm trying to find.

The "sort by room" option is best for me, when I'm trying to find store content, so I tend to use it a lot! Otherwise, I have to wait for the pictures to load for way to long, particularly in misc decor.

Sort by function I use when I haven't made my mind up about which funishings to use.

I also use the category to search for objects that I know fall into a certain expansion pack or stuff pack.