Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to have sims main storyline?

Who remembers sims busting out?
Where you have certain tasks to do such as making sure a sim has a fun time at party? Or like cleaning all of the apartment up before your roommate arrives? :wink:
I did enjoy sims bustin out. For instance where you can have achievement by unlocking objects as well as doing so
In career. Just wondering what your thoughts are on it :mrgreen:

Would you like to have sims main storyline? 78 votes

Yes I would like a main storyline
16%
Writin_Regsimgirl1010NivyxpanamakiraChelseadude182SnaveXsImSandsEricasFreePlaybrinadanielleJa_rdeKJBSassycottonJakeyboy 13 votes
No I wouldn’t like a main story line
66%
Kita5399IcewolfHowGreatThouArtPlayerSinger2010Simpatsyannsimm621BloosmooasimbsimThunderbat87elanorbretonBagoas77luthienrisingsekojranaJennyggnastyjmanMirichataydevduhboy2u2JACKIEJOYfallenangel66 52 votes
I don’t mind either way.
16%
joelygirlsims2DJQ1308VuloriBriel24BlueSeaWavesSanriel85shnailehelumaeElle_AnneSimDestroyerEvie0602SimsFinest1Simslover0208 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I'd like a main storyline or goal as long as there was an option for regular sandbox play. Similar to the Sims Stories.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I prefer to be the boss.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like to make my own storylines, so no thanks.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Not for the main game, but I loved all the spin-offs.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Like in Sims 2 - YES -YES -YES for all the Maxis Sims in each world. I loved that about Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I don’t mind either way.
    It wouldnt bother me as long as it was optional. Some could benefit who are not as creative with stories but I like to create my own personally.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    It sounds like Sims Freeplay to me. Where you have certain task to complete. I guess that could be a thing to play but I do agree with having it optional. It could be something useful for people who like a challenge or can't think of what to do with Sims. If there's going to be a story mode. It would cool if you can pick the Sims that you want to be part of a story scenario mode.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    It sounds like Sims Freeplay to me. Where you have certain task to complete. I guess that could be a thing to play but I do agree with having it optional. It could be something useful for people who like a challenge or can't think of what to do with Sims. If there's going to be a story mode. It would cool if you can pick the Sims that you want to be part of a story scenario mode.

That isn't what I meant - I meant like the storylines all the sims had for each world - there was just a great backstory - nothing for you to do with them unless you wanted to - there was no quest or stuff like that - LIke the story of the Goths and Bella skirted off by aliens - or the story in Strangetown and all those grave in front of Olives house or the story of Romeo and Juliets families hate for each other and their years of fueding. Every world and every one of the Maxis characters in that game had stories and memories of those stories we could read and see. I used to try and stop the feuding with the Monty's and Capps. I went out of my way to bring Bella back for Mortimer, and things like that. It was fun - and interesting and gave me tons of ideas to use the stories in my play - but you didn't have to. I loved that and want it back.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would rather have it be similar to The Sims Stories (Life Stories and Pet Stories).
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Not for the main game, but I loved all the spin-offs.

Same here. I loved Sims Bustin Out but would like the main game in each iteration to remain sandbox.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't want to be forced into a main story line but if they added a pack that had one sure... Is that kind of what you mean? Or do you mean change the game dynamics?
    I guess I'd vote optionally yes?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    While I can see the happiness that a main story line could bring to others, the part of the sims I enjoy the most is the open sandbox that lets me create my own stories and scenarios and I think, at least with Bustin' Out, I felt too limited to only what was part of that story line.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That isn't what I meant - I meant like the storylines all the sims had for each world - there was just a great backstory - nothing for you to do with them unless you wanted to - there was no quest or stuff like that - LIke the story of the Goths and Bella skirted off by aliens - or the story in Strangetown and all those grave in front of Olives house or the story of Romeo and Juliets families hate for each other and their years of fueding. Every world and every one of the Maxis characters in that game had stories and memories of those stories we could read and see. I used to try and stop the feuding with the Monty's and Capps. I went out of my way to bring Bella back for Mortimer, and things like that. It was fun - and interesting and gave me tons of ideas to use the stories in my play - but you didn't have to. I loved that and want it back.

I think the original poster meant like role-play scenarios. You would be forced into task. The private school headmaster challenge from the Sims 2 comes to mind or dating with a time limit. I'm thinking like the in-laws challenge. They could disprove of their child partner if you fail to satisfy them at a dinner party.

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I think the original poster meant like role-play scenarios. You would be forced into task. The private school headmaster challenge from the Sims 2 comes to mind or dating with a time limit. I'm thinking like the in-laws challenge. They could disprove of their child partner if you fail to satisfy them at a dinner party.

That would not be something I would go for - but i did not play The Sims Lap top games - Life stories - so I have only played all the Sims series games. I would not take to losing any of the sandbox play well - but I did love the Sims 2 stories and how I could utilize the story in each world or not use it at all. To me that is what a back story is not what they are speaking of. It's too much like Sims 3 Medieval from the sounds of it and to me that isn't a sims game.

My yes was ONLY for the back stories of the Sims 2 worlds to return - not those laptop games Life stories.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Sorry, in case I didnt make it clear, it would be a main story which you can choose to play and as always will be the sandbox mode :)
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I liked the back stories they had going on in the Sims 2 but wouldn’t want any enforced storylines. A little more flavour text on the families could go a long way. Does Sims 4 even have the biography function for a Sim anymore? I write mine out on my family tree app instead.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You want another spin off game, as that is what busting out was. I want even more of a sandbox mode than we have now. As I do not do collections, do not like the task bar for parties, holidays, get to work jobs, etc. Sandbox mode to me means there is no goals to achieve.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I make my own stories, set my own goals. That's why I play Sims.
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    There are implied stories for most of the characters who come in game. I wouldn't say no if there were more implied ties between families in a given neighborhood, but that's just bio details.

Trying to create an interrelated web of stories for every new expansion that ties into the existing stories sounds like you'd quickly get too lore heavy. I really don't care about the backstory between the Fengs and the Landgraabs. And prescripted stories I'd have to play through would be a hard no. At best, they'd be a waste of dev time for something I might look at once before turning off forever. At worst, they'd be an annoyance every time I wanted to start a new save.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I enjoy having the freedom to give my sims a story and I don’t think I would like having a goal that I don’t set for them myself. It’s part of the fun to me!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€