Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one of these traits would you like to come back?

2djcdp1.png

Which one of these traits would you like to come back? 121 votes

Brooding
9%
asimbsimsekojranaMeepersimLouise_G0325booo0oooNyteRoseSihuSassycottonx4m1r4runtmcward1234 11 votes
Diva
7%
cornflake88simgirl1010VuloriJennyggRavager619MinguisseFlyCupidcitysimmerMuggyQuasar 9 votes
Dramatic
17%
HowGreatThouArtelanorbretonMariefoxprice83mock68alanmichael1LizzychicagoPrincess_07xChanty25nastyjmanBriel24catmando830rjssimSheriSim57musteniSimtown15dreamprisonercooldj210GrumpyGlowfishafai1261Appleofthegarden 21 votes
Eco-friendly
9%
icmnfrshTWSimGamer82Angel_mixjoelygirlsims2kerryemmiebethloubyloulouMVWdeZTQueenMercyElle_AnneSimsandrasummerfirefly 11 votes
Irresistible
4%
SimplyTorifallenangel66Lemon405AnastaciasgemAshtontoAshton22KDM95 6 votes
Proper
13%
xbecky685xAyradyssWritin_RegNivyxgoodcakebaker62alex_alex09ChelleJoAnthonydyerannaliese39HermitgirlEricasFreePlaylazyjuniperparadiseplanetEmmyGeeJurnéEndsSimsFinest1 16 votes
Rebellious
9%
jeepjeepcatkimjo313Thunderbat87Kniga_SitaralittlemissgogoLiELFDominicLaurenceStephy1231Themrsg4422Shadow_Assassinwhimreaper 11 votes
Shy
14%
tams2578Vibsestilljustme2papertongueMaggieMarleyLatinaBunnyadele_katBigCatlover26luxsylvanChadSims2tmcevoy1121DenimjoBusufuRevan[Deleted User]GalaxySimsGirlerimurphey 17 votes
Socially Awkward
5%
Isb917texasangelSummerStreakAngelEb95VentusMattChef_Tonberry13rubyruffles 7 votes
Unstable
9%
CK213IceyJManderMurduhSasquatch7StrangerthanAnmirla06Bon06RedDestiny92saarlandbabe2thenightcourtXareyahhhKimber_TAC_2 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I can't choose, I want all of them!
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Proper
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I can't choose, I want all of them!

Yeah they were pretty great traits in sims 3....I miss them
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Rebellious
    I really miss the personality from the Sims 3. It was so clear that a clumsy sim was clumsy, etc. I can't say a sim's traits are super evident in gameplay for the sims 4. It's a bit disappointing :(
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Proper
    whimreaper wrote: »
    I really miss the personality from the Sims 3. It was so clear that a clumsy sim was clumsy, etc. I can't say a sim's traits are super evident in gameplay for the sims 4. It's a bit disappointing :(

I totally agree with you
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I think all of these would be pretty awesome! Another trait I think would be great is ‘Unlucky’.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I feel like we already have equivalents to Irresistible (Alluring), Unstable (Erratic) and Shy (Loner).
    Dramatic sounds a tiny bit like my sims with Uncontrolled Emotions.

The thing is, traits in TS4 are good in theory, but don't do much in practice. And no matter how amazing, TS3 traits, when applied to TS4 system, would probably fall flat too.

The TS3 trait I miss the most is Daredevil. Naturalist is hard to get (and not even remotely related to its aspiration), quite boring and one-dimensional, and just doesn't cut it for me.
    I tried having hot-headed immature sims, but they get angry all the time when I wanted them to be "hi welcome to jackass".
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Proper
    I didn't play 3 but I really like the sound of this trait. I do want to make an evil but proper sim. It would fit well with good traits also of course.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Dramatic
    Dramatic would be hilarious. Like you get triple the buff on an emotion.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited November 2018
    Rebellious
    I'd like to see lots of these back. some of my favorite traits from 3 were Absentminded and, of course, Heavy Sleeper!
    Post edited by littlemissgogo on
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Eco-friendly
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I think all of these would be pretty awesome! Another trait I think would be great is ‘Unlucky’.
    I’d love to see unlucky back.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Shy
    I wanted All of the Above but I'll settle for Shy -- it's different from being a Loner.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Shy
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I didn't play 3 but I really like the sound of this trait. I do want to make an evil but proper sim. It would fit well with good traits also of course.

I wonder if giving a Sim the Good Manners trait (from Parenthood) would be the closest equivalent? (When I make YA Sims I'll sometimes cheat them some of the Parenthood traits to make up for the fact they had no parents.) I love the Polite Introduction that comes with that trait.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Proper
    Manners maketh man!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Shy
    Easily shy it would be awesome to have if the trait actually worked.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Diva
    Never played TS3 but this one sounds exciting :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am greedy. I want them all.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    Rebellious
    I chose Rebellious because I want more problematic traits that stand out, but I also liked the idea of Shy because it says the Sim will never approach someone who isn't a friend, and I think in Sims 4 that would be noticeable because normally all Sims talk to random strangers. So it would be cool to see a Sim who actually doesn't.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Proper
    This was a difficult decision between proper and eco-friendly but I chose proper (although I would like to see both).
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,968 Member
    Shy
    really loved the shy trait form Sims 2. How they danced, this was soooo cute!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Diva
    I'd love more traits that cause "negative" behaviours, like Diva and Rebellious. The Sims 3 had so many traits... I miss them.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    Brooding
    Why don't we have those :( I'm so tired of the traits we have right now.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    Dramatic
    I picked Dramatic, but I would like t see most of them, especially Proper, Eco Fiendly, Diva and Rebellious. Socially awkward would be a good trait for a couple of them too. I didn’t pick shy because it seems to overlap with loner.... though I would probably enjoy shy more than loner.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Proper
    Like most I would welcome all of these back and simply wish we had more interesting traits to choose from. I picked Proper because it fits my favourite sim best, but in hindsight the Good Manners value trait kind of does the job. Socially Awkward, Shy and Brooding would be particularly fun to play again as well.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Unstable
    Also, 'Diva' because the idle animation had me cracking up every time. Never got old.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    Dramatic
    I narrowed it down to Brooding, Rebellious, and Dramatic, because many of the other ones do have a close equivalent in Sims 4 already (like happyopi mentioned). I loved how Brooding Sims just sat in the corner and, well, brooded most of the time. :D I'd like Rebellious, but mainly just for certain teens. So I settled with Dramatic since emotions are a big thing in Sims 4, and that trait could make them more intense.
    aSE16f8.gif