Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carnival/Festival Grounds for Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2018
    I am afraid to get the Sims 4 seasons. I have heard it is glitchy right now. I also don't want to have to worry about my Sims freezing or getting too hot. I just love the idea of having festivals though. If there were a stand alone expansion where I could have all these things you guys are suggesting, I could just pretend that the weather is happening. If they made items that had snow on them or had a weathered look, there could be enough to suggest weather without it being so deadly for the sims.

So they could give us autumn trees and decorations such as marigolds, gourds, pumpkins and corn. Festival booths with foods and plenty of things to do and talk about.

Then they could have lots of items that had a little snow on them or glazed over with ice. The roof tiles could have snow on them. There could be a grass or snow terrain tool.

There are already a lot of summery stuff and I don't mind having some more of it, but I would like to see more fall themed things.

There are probably going to be people have some mods that do all this, but I'm playing without mods. So whatever Maxis wants to add I am up for, even a new stand alone expansion.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I am afraid to get the Sims 4 seasons. I have heard it is glitchy right now. I also don't want to have to worry about my Sims freezing or getting too hot. I just love the idea of having festivals though. If there were a stand alone expansion where I could have all these things you guys are suggesting, I could just pretend that the weather is happening. If they made items that had snow on them or had a weathered look, there could be enough to suggest weather without it being so deadly for the sims.

So they could give us autumn trees and decorations such as marigolds, gourds, pumpkins and corn. Festival booths with foods and plenty of things to do and talk about.

Then they could have lots of items that had a little snow on them or glazed over with ice. The roof tiles could have snow on them. There could be a grass or snow terrain tool.

There are already a lot of summery stuff and I don't mind having some more of it, but I would like to see more fall themed things.

There are probably going to be people have some mods that do all this, but I'm playing without mods. So whatever Maxis wants to add I am up for, even a new stand alone expansion.

In the options menu, you can turn off parts of weather that you don't like or set the length of seasons.
  • Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I guess I am most worried about sims just dying or not having a good time or missing out on something because of the weather. I like the look of weather, just not the inconvenience of it. I like playing the sims without having one more way for them to die pretty easily. I have seen feedback so far and some people report that there sims are dying and they have a hard time recovering the game because after reloading the sim keeps dying on them. Then townies dropping like flies. I just want the beauty without the consequenses.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    @redrogue60 Yesssss! :smile: well said. This is more like what I was going for. I love your ideas :smiley: I like how you thought of everything from foods, NPCs, and games. I agree that it should be a carnival neighborhood so that we can have a fun place to go to year round and have seasonal activities and foods pop up during certain seasons. It could be a really cute and exciting pack!

I don’t know if they’d use a whole neighborhood without it being a destination pack. In that case, If it’s a destination, I’d also want it to be like a theme park with themed souvenirs and ice cream popsicles. Maybe llama and freezer bunny souvenirs/shaped foods and mascots. If it’s a giant lot in a residential world, more like a county fair. I think either way, it would be a game changing pack.

@rosehrtgirl that’s true. It could mostly be a festival pack and Maybe seasonal stuff can come in a patch or just like how if you bought the first pet stuff pack, you’d need the cats and dogs to unlock the full content but I don’t know if people would be too thrilled about that. :#

Thank you for your praise. Its a destination I would dearly love.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I guess I am most worried about sims just dying or not having a good time or missing out on something because of the weather. I like the look of weather, just not the inconvenience of it. I like playing the sims without having one more way for them to die pretty easily. I have seen feedback so far and some people report that there sims are dying and they have a hard time recovering the game because after reloading the sim keeps dying on them. Then townies dropping like flies. I just want the beauty without the consequenses.

LOL well hopefully they make it a world that has sunny yet breezy weather for a great experience! Maybe they'll get a sad moodlet if rides get closed down due to bad weather. I believe they finally fixed the issues of all the sims dying in some of the patches.
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    @redrogue60 Yesssss! :smile: well said. This is more like what I was going for. I love your ideas :smiley: I like how you thought of everything from foods, NPCs, and games. I agree that it should be a carnival neighborhood so that we can have a fun place to go to year round and have seasonal activities and foods pop up during certain seasons. It could be a really cute and exciting pack!

I don’t know if they’d use a whole neighborhood without it being a destination pack. In that case, If it’s a destination, I’d also want it to be like a theme park with themed souvenirs and ice cream popsicles. Maybe llama and freezer bunny souvenirs/shaped foods and mascots. If it’s a giant lot in a residential world, more like a county fair. I think either way, it would be a game changing pack.

@rosehrtgirl that’s true. It could mostly be a festival pack and Maybe seasonal stuff can come in a patch or just like how if you bought the first pet stuff pack, you’d need the cats and dogs to unlock the full content but I don’t know if people would be too thrilled about that. :#

No problem! I would love this pack as well and I have started seeing more people talking about wanting a festival/theme park pack. Hopefully, they consider this because It will be exciting, fun and fresh since it is something different from the other packs. Other series have had small carnivals, sims 1 and 3, but never a whole destination world dedicated to a theme park.

The world could potentially look like Walt Disney World in terms of how it is divided up, with either a main park or several parks and they each have a different concept, a section nearby for hotels, and a shopping/restaurant area (Disney Springs).
    Map_WDW_Resort.jpg

All these family-friendly tourist attractions is a fun and safe way to bring families together. Camping is family friendly, but I feel like there was not enough included to make it exciting for children and teens. Sims 2, they had log-rolling, new dances to learn, chest pound, meeting bigfoot. The camping in Sims 4 is mostly about gardening, in my opinion. I feel like a theme park would help cater to children more and encourage their imagination to go wild lol
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member

You can turn off temperature effects on sims in the game options, so that sims are not affected by the weather.
  • Options

LOL well hopefully they make it a world that has sunny yet breezy weather for a great experience! Maybe they'll get a sad moodlet if rides get closed down due to bad weather. I believe they finally fixed the issues of all the sims dying in some of the patches.

No problem! I would love this pack as well and I have started seeing more people talking about wanting a festival/theme park pack. Hopefully, they consider this because It will be exciting, fun and fresh since it is something different from the other packs. Other series have had small carnivals, sims 1 and 3, but never a whole destination world dedicated to a theme park.

The world could potentially look like Walt Disney World in terms of how it is divided up, with either a main park or several parks and they each have a different concept, a section nearby for hotels, and a shopping/restaurant area (Disney Springs).
    Map_WDW_Resort.jpg

All these family-friendly tourist attractions is a fun and safe way to bring families together. Camping is family friendly, but I feel like there was not enough included to make it exciting for children and teens. Sims 2, they had log-rolling, new dances to learn, chest pound, meeting bigfoot. The camping in Sims 4 is mostly about gardening, in my opinion. I feel like a theme park would help cater to children more and encourage their imagination to go wild lol

Oh I like that set up. It's kind of close to what I was thinking of but I was trying to incorporate Seasonal Festivals, County Fairies, and a Coney Island type place. A nice hotel would be great in this environment.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    One of my fav features of Sims 3. Would love seasonal festivals to make a come back. But if given a decent carnival fair pack we could create our own.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options

Map_WDW_Resort.jpg

I'd love to have the log rolling back for the camping area, If we got that and say hammocks I would do some updating in the camping site.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    One of my fav features of Sims 3. Would love seasonal festivals to make a come back. But if given a decent carnival fair pack we could create our own.

Same! I loved the seasonal festivals and I agree if given a decent fair or theme park pack with a great B/b catalogue, we could make it work! We could always edit lot to add the seasonal things. But we need more content for it, like apple bobbing, eating/cooking contests, variety of fair booths, face painting, etc.
    Oh I like that set up. It's kind of close to what I was thinking of but I was trying to incorporate Seasonal Festivals, County Fairies, and a Coney Island type place. A nice hotel would be great in this environment.

I think you did a good job incorporating them, I loved your suggestions! lol
    This set up could allow a variety of activities within the world. Almost as big as Windenburg or Selvadorada.

Park district: Main attractions like roller coasters, kiddie rides, and fun river rides, A main street community area where you can meet characters, buy balloons, see the fireworks show, watch a parade
    Shopping district: Souvenir shops, ice cream shops, smaller attractions (County fair/Coney Island type - ferris wheel and other fair rides), wander off to a hidden abandoned carnival area with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons
    Hotel/motel/airbnb district: 5 star hotel, 3 star hotel, 2 star motel, and an airbnb
    Ayy It's Mell ♥