Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do nannies help you???

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    erimurphey wrote: »
    Butlers have been more useful to me than nannies. My current butler is a doll with my toddler despite her mean trait.
    I have a question on butlers, I haven’t hired one yet but am curious. Do they take up a household slot? And do the live in home? I’m sorry I’m bothering you but I don’t want to rush into thing in my household.

No. They don't spend the night unless you designate a bed for them either.

Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    Something really disturbing happened with a nanny once. My single mother Sim was at work and the nanny showed up NAKED and in a FLIRTY MOOD!!! He just walked in like that! He took care of the toddler girl while naked, and he wouldn't get dressed the whole day. I know it's just pixels, but I made my sim leave early and fire him! Um, but besides that, nannies work for me, to answer OPs question. :)
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    in sims 3 all of my butlers would just drink all day if my sims had a bar LOL

*mumbles* alcoholics !
  • Options
    RoryRory Posts: 3 New Member
    Ahh my nanny is amazing. She has a friend of the world aspirstion which allows her to befriend people supper quickly and she maxed out friendship bar with everyone in my household! Shes supper nice and cooks level 8 food then does all the laundry and cleans while taking care of my kids at the same time! Like bruhhh
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    The last Nanny I had was kind of creepy. My Sim had just given birth to twins, so I decided she needed some help as she was single mom. The Nanny shows up, so I had my Sim go to bed, figuring the Nanny would look after the babies, wrong! She simply stood at the foot of my Sim's bed and stared at my sleeping Sim while the babies were crying! My Sim gets out of bed, promptly fires the Nanny and then attends to the babies.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Hmp, i had a few times with the nannies and mine are useful with my tots just most of time he'll or she would just go and watch the tv. i use the preschool once in a blue moon if i forget to call the nanny lol.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I had good childcare with the butler - but I honestly have not tried the nanny at all - as the only household but one that had children had a butler, so I had no need. The one with neither had a stay at home mom and a dad that only had to work 3 days a week. I generally wait for sims to have kids until they are high in their careers and skills - so by then they are home more than working - and I also limit kids to 2 - with the second one not born until the 1st one is pretty near teen age. LOL. So no issue. Luckily my few multiples had butlers and at least one stay at home parent.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Sometimes they do, and sometimes, not so much. Also, be aware that once you've used a Nanny, he or she will call and constantly try to entice your adult Sims or any of their children out for one reason or another. I find it a tad creepy, and the nanny is always rejected when it comes to inviting my Child Sim to their home to 'hang out'. Nope, not going to happen.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I use nannies excessively with baby and toddler multiples, otherwise just now and then if the parents need a break. They are usually helpful.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    I don't really play with nannies a whole lot, but with a set of twin toddlers and a set of newborn twins in a row I've given in lol
    Anyways, she was working fine for a while.. Took the toddler out of the high chairs, cooked, fed them, played, took care of the babies, blah blah.. But when my sims went to sleep, she found her way to a single bed and just kept "spraying the monster under the bed" over and over. The babies crying next to her didn't stop her, and after my sim spoke to her she just went back to it. Fired her and got another, same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else? ;-;
    My sims will often go out for a night on the town, and I’ll hire a nanny to look after their kids. I was out for 6 hours, and the nanny was stood exactly where she was when I left and my kids nearly got taken away because they were starving - a notification popped up saying that social services had arrived to take my toddler away so I cheated my toddler to be full needs and cheated the social service agent’s death... the social service agent also happened to be one of my sims’ brothers but that’s irrelevant 😂
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've hired nannies twice and both just flirted with one of the parents in front of the other and caused an issue!
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    The last time I used the nanny service was a couple years ago now. I remember my sim family had infant boy/girl twins. The first one favored the boy over the girl. That one got fired. The second one favored the girl over the boy. That one got fired. So before I risked a third one completely ignoring both (like in sims 3) I said forget it and had one of my sims stay home.
    I think there was another household where I had one who did nothing but argue with her boss for no reason whatsoever. She was fired.
    I've also had it where I fired one and had the same one come back the next day.
    I've had some creepy experiences with them.
    As for the Butler, well, I admit, I forgot all about him, unlike the other games, he's a live-in and I often don't have the room.
    I'm sort of afraid to do it now with Seasons. I'd hate to have a infant or toddler in the house and have the butler or nanny do nothing but the gardening (do they do the gardening like in sims 3?)
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I generally find nannies useful, but I use them more for cooking and cleaning so my sims are free to take care of the kids. Or as a pinch hitter for some potty training or something like that. I usually don't bother with high chairs, just give serving of food directly to the toddler from the fridge myself, so don't need to worry about that. And I like them for kids actually cause they can help with homework or mentor and encourage so skills get built faster and certain aspiration requirements are easier to meet. But then, I often grab "free services" as soon as I can, so I don't have to pay them, so I'm not really losing anything by having them hang around in case they're useful. For my vampires, I sometimes keep them around just to feed on, lol.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    For me Yes. I never seen a nanny that slacks off. My children tend to build relationships with them and do school projects with their nanny.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Recently started a new legacy challenge and on the fourth day (!) my male Sim gets abducted by aliens. He had been have relations of the adult nature with multiple women and was having no luck at all. It was odd, honestly, normally my Sims are instantly pregnant… Anyway, gets abducted (first time ever, though) and comes home. A few days later, he gets fat. I’m ignorant, okay, and just assumed he put on weight.

Long story short, its twin girls and Jesus Christ. By this point, my bills were high due to making like constant masterpieces and I went nuts with items, so he needed to paint and work to pay the bills and now there’s two babies waking him up all times of the night. I caved and hired a nanny, who was decent for a bit then just did nothing. Okay, maybe a butler instead! They can be around 24/7 to help. Nope, just stood in the kitchen and stared at the fridge for hours after locking my daughter in a highchair and let her starve, then wouldn’t bath one. Jesus. They were pretty much more work than needed to be because none of the people I hired actually helped.
  • Options
    TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    I've had a couple good ones. I usually hire them when the kids are infants and toddlers that haven't gained enough movement skill to go help themselves to food. One of my favourites was a random townie named Angel who has the Hates Children trait. She was hilarious.

Because the highchair can be buggy you still have to keep tabs on them but it helped keep the little monsters fed and the house a bit cleaner. Pretty much guaranteed to increase your adult Sims friend count too, those Nannies are wild on their nights off! Hahaha
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I barely use the nannies but when I do they are never really helpful. Which is why I rarely use them.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    CrackerCracker Posts: 6 New Member
    No, i got a lot of kids taken away because of the nannies, smh