Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

Look at the Beauty!

1393f111ab3705cab9464334eaa926b6.jpg1857c3da26aa45622c22bce82544844f.jpgf49145c11be45bba0189dda59fdac48c.jpgc60e55e3303c1cb1b560094d0bfb3c14.jpg

Look at the Awesomeness!

f58adde6e630a46691aeade2535fee8b.gif2c051b4978c793bffbb664dc6fcb0743.jpgtumblr_nbkx6okzWi1rfyiu4o1_1280.jpg

Look at all this!

aa89689cc12981186d4ced70b83f24bc.jpg41f483dea35f1afd6f3cc4335dc5bdad.jpga7d13edbb16c2daf913b392ebe9c76fb.jpg7373572100bd5914c4411a3ea9803dc0.jpg56d54b470696c31c6ee19169bd5d7457.jpg324f5b08d02622649375bcac9697b616.jpg3c3bb721c60304172f524d169868108f.jpgd6a986d5ccbdacfe7bd765899bb0fa38.jpgdc4dca60eabfc5854df4b314fbd2cfa1.jpg

How could anyone justify this not being a thing?

065db5d429183b970be2fb6fe4192b14.jpg

Have a nice day.
    (Images found on Pinterest)
  • Options
    wolfboi777wolfboi777 Posts: 6 New Member
    i would KILL to have witches in the sims 4. Maybe a WITCH SCHOOL. Witch school where your kid can go can you can play as them and specify what type of spells you want to learn, pets, Transportation and supernatural beings. I feel like the adults should have more dark spells and spells get more and more specific. Monstrology, Witchery and rituals.
  • Options
    wolfboi777wolfboi777 Posts: 6 New Member
    OOOO I FORGOT ONE THING! COVENS I WOULD LOVE COVENS THAT WOULD BE SICK
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    wolfboi777 wrote: »
    OOOO I FORGOT ONE THING! COVENS I WOULD LOVE COVENS THAT WOULD BE SICK

With the club system, you can create a coven for your witches. I'm going to create a family of witches based on Anne Rice's Mayfair witches.
  • Options
    Not only covens with the GT clubs. Werewolf packs and vampire clans can be made the same way, but that is beside the point.
    The holidays in Seasons allow us to make Walpurgis Night already. or any of the great 8 witches sabbats for that matter.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    having evil/good witches would be a good idea. and make it so that the skill tree thing that they have going on for the vampires can be for the witches, also add an alinement meter so that if you choose a curse spell it will shift to EVIL, while a cure spell will shift to GOOD or if that's to complicated then just change spells on the skill tree according to evil/good trait. and please EA if you do make witches and we happen to have cats & dogs, make it so that witches can talk to cats....just a thought.

While I get that a lot of people want the alignment thing, it should enhance the gameplay or not be there at all. I have yet to see a post that explains how an alignment system would enhance witches. I never played with Sims 2 witches, so I don't know how well that worked, or if that is all nostalgia goggles. I know from a youtube video that Sims 2 witches had some awesome spells I would love to return, but if those spells are only available on one end of the alignment spectrum, I imagine that as very restrictive.
    Imagine you play as a mostly good witch, but then there is that very annoying Sim that keeps showing up and gets in the way and overall a pest on his own. And then you are UNABLE to curse him.
    If you get a different moodlet depending on your alignment, or a bigger chance of failing, or something like that, okay, but simply not being able to... that would suck, if you ask me.
    But that is just my humble opinion. maybe you can explain to me why that would be a good idea in a way that I actually understand?

The way I saw the Alignment system it shifted towards Evil when ever you used "Dark Magic" and Good when you used "Light magic."

What I want is No Alignment System because in my belief a Powerful Sorcerer can use Dark Magic for Good and Light Magic for Evil.
    Although I do Have good and evil Sims I can just direct them to be who they are I don't need the game to define that.

So My simself is a Sorcerer, I'm well versed in Fire, Light, Dark and Blood Magic, Enchantments, Potion and Curse Crafting, and Some Forbidden Magic, Examples of Forbidden Magic is Time-Travel, Necromancy, Obstructing Free Will.
    My Sim is/will be Guilty of taking away the free will of others. Making Curses and such.
    I don't want to get a notification every time I rip out a Heart, or cast a curse, that my sim is now "Evil."

Plus Good and Evil, it's not black and white, you can have Good Intentions and Morals, and your the Most vile Evil creature to walk the earth.

Hey, I remember you. You had a thread where you posted really good ideas for magic and here, you don't disappoint. Completely concur. While I like the mod you're referring to, it is a very black and white take on magic. Although ripping out hearts is a pretty evil thing to do.
  • Options
    I don't use the sorcery mod. The alignment thing still holds me away.
    In my personal opinion, magic in general, as well as the individual spells, are not more good or evil than any hammer or ax.
    With hammers and axes, you could build a house, create a piece of art, a sculpture, for example, repair things, but also murder innocent people or even children to the death.
    Same with magic. With a killing spell, you could kill random people or those who would to terrible things to other people otherwise.
    Definitions of good or evil also depend on culture. In some countries, eating pork is considered more evil than anything mustache-guy ever did, while marrying and... um... "woohooing" children is perfectly fine. Yes, this is present Day.
    Ripping out someone's heart and sacrificing it to the gods was a religious practice in pre-colonial South America and those who were to get their hearts ripped out were happy about that because they had the honor to feed the gods. Also, they had the opportunity to go to the gods, which is something you wouldn't turn down.
    This how much cultures differ from each other.

An alignment system judges your actions. If you use Spell A, you are judged as a B, no matter the context or what Story you want to tell.
    And it is really limiting if you lose access to a healing spell because you cursed too many sims or lose the ability to curse because you are healing a bunch of sims. No alignment system is capable to analyze the context of your actions, or your intentions behind them, and respond accordingly. And the way the alignment system judges you also force the cultural heritage of the people who ever made it onto the Sim you are playing as.

Are you ripping those hearts out in order to gain the power to raise an undead army to conquer/destroy the world? Or are you doing it to feed benevolent gods who just so happen to need them to survive and at the same time grant those people the bliss of being with those gods?
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    > @Armilus616 said:
    > An alignment system judges your actions. If you use Spell A, you are judged as a B, no matter the context or what Story you want to tell.

You make some good points, which is why I hope they allow us to pick and choose what our witches can and can't do, like in the vampire pack.
    Maybe if they do weaknesses again, one could be an 'evil' trait which would make sims around your witch tense, and/or bar them from healing spells. It wouldn't necessarily even have to be a 'weakness', just a possible trait to choose.
  • Options
    > @Armilus616 said:
    > An alignment system judges your actions. If you use Spell A, you are judged as a B, no matter the context or what Story you want to tell.

You make some good points, which is why I hope they allow us to pick and choose what our witches can and can't do, like in the vampire pack.
    Maybe if they do weaknesses again, one could be an 'evil' trait which would make sims around your witch tense, and/or bar them from healing spells. It wouldn't necessarily even have to be a 'weakness', just a possible trait to choose.

I hope they make it so they learn spells by studying them. Combined with a Witchcraft skill.
    Some Spells can be learned right away, others require a specific level in the witchcraft skill.
    Those spells are grouped into categories such as curses, blessings, elemental, transformation etc.
    Being a level 15 Witch doesn't mean that you know all the Spells from Level 14 and below. Just that you are able to learn and perform every Spell on your current level and below. If you choose to focus on curses and ignore the other Grimoires, you will only know curses, but powerful ones at that. Learning spells from more categories requires more learning. But you can eventually learn and perform each and every single spell in the game if you commit to it.
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'd want to see something mysterious and enchanting more than creepy/ spooky. I love a lot of ideas in this thread so far.
    I'd also like to see adorable witches outfits for children and toddlers as well, like striped stockings and big witch hats with bows ect.. Maybe even cast a spell on the dishes so that they wash themselves :D

I think of something you might see in a Studio Ghibli film and fortune tellers:

HyHsUS0.jpg

77hA0FT.jpg

PwYYVW1.jpg

2MgLsx3.jpg

rE9Nrgo.jpg

RqkIcOw.jpg
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I would love to see a gamepack for each supernatural type. Witches get their own gamepack, werewolves get their own gamepack, fairies get their own gamepack. This way all the supernatural life stages are fleshed out in their own unique way, instead of just being crammed into one expansion pack.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    I would love to see a gamepack for each supernatural type. Witches get their own gamepack, werewolves get their own gamepack, fairies get their own gamepack. This way all the supernatural life stages are fleshed out in their own unique way, instead of just being crammed into one expansion pack.

This! Every big supernatural deserves the vampire treatment
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited November 2018
    Edit: nvm sorry I thought this was in speculation & rumor
  • Options
    I have some more from Pinterest.
    Great Ideas, I would love to see represented in the game in some way.

ba55ef013a03bbb350eec88f7619494e.jpg
    272b30ddfe5f065ae511208c8470fba6.jpg
    5cd2bfcd70323b20f603f05f2dd72680.jpg
    91293939a758d447ca4442fd59800b2e.jpg
    b963e8dbcb058851733bafa29ef33f7a.jpg
    8f6beed4e05505d1f026463b4a163a9f.jpg
    8a33c236ae1bd7751547ef4c7aff8652.jpg
    adbb539751a44fc0caa229e11b5b7252.jpg
    05604baa67c068ed491d5b78d29e9ee4.jpg
    bb07ad3cfaef4877e9ea74c266679294.jpg
    ecf2a7c36bebf47a7ba2c6709626dfc4.jpg
    5c21215d9358ab19f10c29284031ca63.jpg
    5992f757b46801d5d83b8121c05b908a.jpg
  • Options
    _meep_meep Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love witches in the sims 4
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited February 2019
    Oh my gosh... there's so much good potential ideas for a real gamepack here. I hope the devs will take some inspiration from here.

One thing I'd personally love, is if witches could transform sims into actual animals. Not the TS3 anthro toad sims, more like entire small animal-shaped toads instead! Maybe it's even controllable... and maybe it's a permanent state, maybe it's temporary, maybe the spell can be broken with a kiss or whatever. Transforming stuff in general is neat, I hope it's included.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr