Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else find vampire break-ins to be annoying?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Actually, I find them to be a real pain in the neck.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • Options
    luisred87luisred87 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi so I really want this to happen in my game and I’ve been playing the sims 4 a while now and it hasn’t happened to any of my saved games . What can I do ???
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you have the vampires gamepack, supposedly doing anything vampire-related increases the chance of it happening, whether it be visiting forgotten hollow, chatting with vampires, researching vampire lore or whatever. though i've had a lot of sims do that and not many have had visits from vlad or other nightstalkers (and i actually cheer any time i do see it lately...as long as it's not on a community lot)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    I never get Vampire break-ins - so I can't say. My Sims are all level 15 in Vampire Lore even. I don't even have any garlic anywhere either. But most of my sims are nightowls - so I just assume it's because by the time Vamps have to leave my sims are just going to bed. Vamps will not enter a house where anyone is awake. Sometimes I see them acting like peeping toms looking in my Sims windows but they eventually just leave.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bulldog773bulldog773 Posts: 20 Member
    I don't find it annoying per se, I kinda like it
  • Options
    Dukemon20Dukemon20 Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2018
    It is annoying. Still very annoying. The worst is that NPCs can leave the lots but only your own Sims are not able to do that. Last time my own vampire were prisoned in the fitness center till late morning and one Vampire attack after the other one was running. My own vampire during this event never hated his Vampiremates so intense like this time.^^
    And the vampires did this only for a glass lemon juice... my vampire feels kidding.

In generell, on residential lots the vampires introduce the lot, walking slowly and stop in front of the front door and go away... nothing happens.

Please, do not get me wrong. I love this gameplay pack, but it has so annoying gameplay mechanics.

other things:
    - vampire and Sim are happy. vampires asks polity to drink from the Sim (Sim is his boyfriend or husband), Sim rejects without any reason
    - all my vampires have alot of taste of glass water, glass orange juice and milk. Sometimes the took the opportunity to make themselves a drink on the bar, but they are preferring the fridge
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I find the break-ins annoying at public venues. It's so sad, almost embarassing, to see the vampires trying to sneak into a public place. And of course half of the time they do that when I'm about to leave or want to build something. (In those cases I Just go away! them away with MCC)

On residential lots I wish the vampires were more aggressive! My (mostly) freelancing sims do not follow a traditional shedule, they only sleep when their energy is low. So often enough when the vampire comes, at least one of my sims is still awake. Upon realising this the poor thing loses heart and leaves again. So boring!
  • Options
    SerxphicallySerxphically Posts: 19 Member
    Personally, I don't experience them frequently, but I assume it would get annoying if it got repetitive.
    everything is neon
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No Idea.
    I'v never had one.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I've had the pack for 3 months and have never had one.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    I've had the GP for a few weeks but I haven't experienced a break in yet! If my sim is outside the house when Vlad turns up and just ignores him, he just creeps away again!
    Though I mainly play with my vampire sim so my non-vampire sims haven't had much of a chance for a break in.
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g