Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

N.E.P.S.: A simmer mind state [This Thread Again? pg.8]

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    :s Nooo, say it isn't so!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    :s Nooo, say it isn't so!

:)

To everyone, let it be clear that I am not bashing Get famous.
    I am just letting my NEPS blow off steam.
    https://youtu.be/31g0YE61PLQ
    Ahhh... I feel better.

The more I read about Get Famous, the more I am liking it and it will contribute to play with my current sims.
    I have another sim who will be benefiting from this pack.

He was inspired by this video:
    https://youtu.be/h8L-0VR6PP4
    Edgar Chagall.
    He doesn't answer to Ed. It's Edgar!
    He's a Creative, Self-assured, Snob.

11-21-15_7-18-36nbspAM.png
    11-21-15_7-17-36nbspAM.png
    11-21-15_7-20-03nbspAM.png

Like Kara, he is also currently a toddler.
    06-23-18_11-06-18nbspAM.png

His mother is the big influencer on his love for art and she will be the one to get initial fame.
    06-23-18_12-29-46nbspPM.png

So now I have two households that will be experimenting with Fame.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    You used to have an Edna Mode-type Sim in TS3, didn't you? The new fashion career together with Get Famous would be great for her! Now if only we had superheroes too... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You used to have an Edna Mode-type Sim in TS3, didn't you? The new fashion career together with Get Famous would be great for her! Now if only we had superheroes too... :mrgreen:

We have superhero costumes.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

You mean the Llama Guy/Gal?! I guess so :D
  • Options

Yeah, I would have to play her now because Olivia will grow up and buy her house.
    Nice view, isn't it?
    12-12-15_12-10-18nbspAM.png

12-12-15_12-09-47nbspAM.png

12-11-15_6-55-32nbspAM.png

12-12-15_12-11-48nbspAM.png

12-12-15_12-15-45nbspAM.png

12-12-15_12-16-55nbspAM.png

The house is actually located in Brindleton Bay now.
    Perhaps I will save Edna for another time. Who knows, maybe we might get a Superhero game pack.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    @CK213 Have fun whatever game you play. ;D
  • Options
    N.E.P.S. Symptom #14:
    Despite having new game packs and expansion packs that mesh very well with your sims,
    allowing you to move forward with progressing them,
    you set them aside and explore the new content with test sims.
    CK213 wrote: »
    :scream: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you (and me!) that University is the next EP...

Nope!!!
    It's going to be Get Tropical, or Get Off the Grid and Get Farming.
    Get Educated is going to be last. :s

Oh, this is funny. :D
    Almost a year ago, I posted that.
    And we got Island Living with Off the Grid elements.

NEPS symtom #14 has proven very true for me.
    Despite my initial plan to move my sims forward with Get Famous, I made a new save just to exlpore the new pack.
    I am finding myself doing the same with Realm of Magic.

I thought NEPS had one foot in the grave. Nope it's just on the ropes.
    And with leaks about Discover University, I think it's time for another NEPS post about the current state of my game,
    which I am working on. ;)
  • Options
    N.E.P.S. Symptom #14:
    Despite having new game packs and expansion packs that mesh very well with your sims,
    allowing you to move forward with progressing them,
    you set them aside and explore the new content with test sims.
    :scream: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you (and me!) that University is the next EP...

Nope!!!
    It's going to be Get Tropical, or Get Off the Grid and Get Farming.
    Get Educated is going to be last. :s

Oh, this is funny. :D
    Almost a year ago, I posted that.
    And we got Island Living with Off the Grid elements.

NEPS symtom #14 has proven very true for me.
    Despite my initial plan to move my sims forward with Get Famous, I made a new save just to exlpore the new pack.
    I am finding myself doing the same with Realm of Magic.

I thought NEPS had one foot in the grave. Nope it's just on the ropes.
    And with leaks about Discover University, I think it's time for another NEPS post about the current state of my game,
    which I am working on. ;)

I'm suffering from this, too... I haven't found a cure yet :p
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    11%20Neps.png
    [What follows is nearly a year long update of simming.
    I.E. IT'S LONG!]
    tumblr_pxt1h2Eo541sdo4uwo1_1280.jpg

THIS IS IT!
    No... not yet.
    I will wait for a proper announcement before I deep dive into my main sim's save and start progression. :)

How time flies in the sims.
    It's been almost a year since my last serious NEPS post.
    I was wrong by saying my NEPS had one foot in the grave when we got Toddlers, Parenthood, and Seasons.
    It would have been more accurate to say that NEPS was on the ropes taking a beating. >:)

But then I stopped playing my main sims.
    after that, we got:
    -Get Famous
    -Strangerville
    -Island Living
    -Moschino Stuff
    -Realm of Magic.

Get Famous had me seriously planning to play my main sims again.
    I had two families that I wouldn't mind having a celebrity parent.
    Instead, I created a new save and took several of my sims that are currently children and aged them up to teens to pursue fame and fortune.
    Getting%20Famous.png

It seemed like a great idea at the time, but being on their own as teens, they had to work and go to school.
    There wasn't much time for cosplaying, friendships, and all the social media content.
    11-17-18_8-43-43nbspPM.png

I quickly aged them up to young adults, moved them out of San Myshuno and into Del Sol Valley.
    11-18-18_12-01-13nbspPM.png

They still got in some cosplay as a jumping in point for their climb to celebrity.
    11-23-18_9-18-48nbspAM.png

I did enjoy playing them with Get Famous, but after I had gotten pretty far with their careers and moving them into a posh modern mansion on the hill. The only place left to go was finding life partners and having children.
    NOPE! Not without Univeristy.
    11-25-18_12-59-27nbspPM.png

Strangerville.

Not useful to my main sims at all.
    But I was intrigued by the theme. So I started a new save to try it out.

Mulder, Scully, aliens in disguise and a mystery to be solved. Let me at it.
    03-13-19_9-24-49nbspAM.png

I had a great setting, great sims, but I never finished it because I got bored with the linear game play.
    I may finish it someday.
    03-14-19_9-19-55nbspAM.png

Island Living
    I liked Island Living, but... it's not what I wanted for a tropical themed pack.
    I am from the midwest and I tend to see a tropical destination as a place to be when I am sick of snow.
    So that's how I play my sims. Tropical themes are get away vacation destinations. And that's how I played Island Living.
    And again, not useful for my main sims right now.

So again, I took one of my sims who is currently a toddler and age him up in a new save.
    Vaughn Noble is a young adult living in San Myshuno and had bought vacation property in Sulani.
    06-24-19_2-11-55nbspAM.png

Traveling back and forth between San Myshuno and Sulani, he slowly built up the place as a freelance writer.
    06-25-19_12-36-24nbspPM.png

I had to buy the lot as a business to use it as a vacation home as a work around for the game play I wanted.
    I loved playing this way and it may be a path I take for Vaughn in my main save.
    06-25-19_12-51-39nbspPM.png

If I do, I hope he falls in love with the same mermaid sim he met in the game and went adventuring within Selva Dorada.
    That's as far as I took it because, of course, NO UNIVERSITY.
    07-01-19_4-15-40nbspPM.png

Moschino Stuff.

I was not interested in this at all, until I found out about the new photography related game play.
    It sent me back to my Get Famous starlets to flesh out some lots created for them.
    08-14-19_7-34-09nbspAM.png

I originally wanted Monique to be a photographer, but photography wasn't fleshed out enough.
    [Sidenote, if you ever mistype photographer and use the autosuggestion correction, be very careful not to pick the x-rated suggestion.
    That would have been so embarrassing. :#' ]
    08-14-19_7-41-08nbspAM.png

08-15-19_1-15-57nbspAM.png

I was all prepared to start my starlets over again.
    08-15-19_7-38-43nbspAM.png
    N.E.P.S. symptom #6:
    Repeating game play you have enjoyed in the past.

However, this bomb dropped.
    Screenshot_Realm%20of%20Magic.png

Now we're talking.
    I can use this. The main household of my main save has been Miss Peregrine and her orphanage of peculiar children.
    The fantastic and magical content of Realm of Magic would certainly be useful. And I did get it started, making Miss Peregrine a spell caster and one of her first bird familiars.
    09-11-19_8-11-55nbspAM.png

09-11-19_8-16-07nbspAM.png

09-11-19_8-14-30nbspAM.png

But then I started building
    09-15-19_5-10-54nbspPM.png

I love the buy/build mode objects so much, I haven't touched any of my sims.
    09-15-19_5-08-52nbspPM.png

Instead, I enlisted the help of two witchy-noob sims to play test this home.
    09-15-19_3-19-17nbspPM.png

09-15-19_3-20-26nbspPM.png

They have been a great help.
    I also had them adopt some daughters to make this place better for kids.
    09-15-19_10-34-34nbspAM.png

They have now moved on to an even larger variant of this home that adds an extra bedroom, library, gym, and I guess a hobbies room.
    I will be making a range of homes based on this style theme from starters up to the mansion. They will play test them as I explore Realm of Magic.
    09-23-19_8-24-30nbspAM.png

I will return to Miss Peregrine and my other sims once the University pack is offical and we get the first significant look at it.
    And then NEPS will die. >:)
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thank you.

I like reading your updates. Hope you are having a great time with Realm of Magic.
  • Options
    Thank you.

I like reading your updates. Hope you are having a great time with Realm of Magic.

I am certainly having a great time building with it.
    09-22-19_12-18-26nbspAM.png

Having my house testing sims learn spells and potions has been slow.
    I didn't want to go to the sages every time I want learn something new, but now I am beginning to hit them up more often.
    I transformed Morgyn Ember into the missing Sage sim that people are calling Aine.
    09-22-19_6-32-25nbspPM.png

I renamed her Morgaine.
    She was given a key to the house and visits as she pleases.
    I have my sims ask her for training.
    09-22-19_6-37-56nbspPM.png

I will know how much I enjoy the game if I get fun opportunities to use the magic they have learned.
    09-22-19_7-11-35nbspPM.png

09-22-19_7-03-22nbspPM.png

That doesn't happen all at once, for anyone who doesn't have the pack.
    They go into her inventory one at a time per spell cast. I just took them out of the inventory and added them to the table.
    09-22-19_7-04-50nbspPM.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Funny thread. I have it now with the university EP. My symptons are:

* Checking the forum daily in hope to find new info on this
    * Opening too many new threads JUST to be busy with the sims and spreading more possibilities to talk about it :p
    * Re-building all the worlds and preparing a perfectly times story for the Uni EP
    * Try to play and get my story ready for the uni EP. That means, having teens in their last days. I am now at toddlers.. so much to play
    * For the first time in my life watching youtube videos about The simss just to do everything possible to pass the time until November 15th
    * Watching TS2 and TS3 videos about University life
    * Writing down possible uni stories I can play
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I have this too!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Love all the screen shots! I suffer from both syndromes.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    So I just sat here for the last hour or so reading this whole thread instead of taking a nap like I should have. xD I can relate so much to everything here with the journey my Sims have been on with this game. There's a few things that I can't really do without in a Sims game: vampires, magic, pets, a generations-type pack, and UNIVERSITY. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed most of the other content we've gotten and I consider it a bonus on top of the things from my wish list that have been delivered.

Seasons added a lot that I wasn't expecting. I've always been neutral about Seasons expansions, but this one really changed the game for me. I think my dislike of the previous versions came from the performance issues those packs always caused for me. I was soured on the idea. Sims 4 Seasons runs beautifully though (have a much better PC these days lol) and makes the world seem so much more real.

I'm also neutral on a farming EP, though I'll be sold if it includes horses and maybe at least chickens. xD

Right now though my game is still missing that one major detail. Uni. Like you, I feel like I have so many Sims on hold as teenagers because I'm waiting for that pack. I'm still playing and using Sims that aren't part of my main story to play with the newer pack content, but I really want to get back to my main Sims. Playing University in Sims 2 for the first time was like the best time I ever had in that game. Whenever I get nostalgic about TS2 it's generally related to Uni in some way. Uni in Sims 3 brought me back into playing it after I had taken a longish hiatus from the game. For some reason it's just extremely crucial to my gameplay, just as much as the vampires and witches are.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    So I just sat here for the last hour or so reading this whole thread instead of taking a nap like I should have. xD I can relate so much to everything here with the journey my Sims have been on with this game. There's a few things that I can't really do without in a Sims game: vampires, magic, pets, a generations-type pack, and UNIVERSITY.

Yeah, I didn't consider playing seriously until we got Parenthood.
    It plus Seasons and the toddler patch inspired me to reboot my entire game.
    Playing Realm of Magic has me wondering if a University pack might bring something useful for my spell casters.

I am still not playing my main sims.
    I had the two house tester sims adopt children.
    09-27-19_4-40-40nbspPM.png

The main purpose was to have the children test out the children's bedroom and playroom on the third floor.
    09-27-19_4-39-24nbspPM.png

But I decided when these sims became virtuosos of magic and learned the ascension spell,
    09-27-19_10-13-02nbspPM.png

I would age up their daughters and turn them into witches.
    09-28-19_12-54-15nbspAM.png

09-28-19_12-58-35nbspAM.png

That day is today.
    09-28-19_1-14-52nbspAM.png

"There are always two,
    09-28-19_10-29-37nbspAM.png

a master, and an apprentice."
    09-28-19_11-05-24nbspAM.png

My game suddenly feels Harry Potterish.
    I like the idea of my sims training their children in magic.
    They will learn potions until they rank up from a neophyte to an acolyte.
    Then they will get to visit the Magic Realm and get their wand, broom, and familiar.

In TS2, I had put magical objects in the attic of my custom dorm for sims to learn magic while at uni.
    I am curious how I will do it this time.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2019
    Funny thread. I have it now with the university EP. My symptons are:

* Checking the forum daily in hope to find new info on this
    * Opening too many new threads JUST to be busy with the sims and spreading more possibilities to talk about it :p
    * Re-building all the worlds and preparing a perfectly times story for the Uni EP
    * Try to play and get my story ready for the uni EP. That means, having teens in their last days. I am now at toddlers.. so much to play
    * For the first time in my life watching youtube videos about The simss just to do everything possible to pass the time until November 15th
    * Watching TS2 and TS3 videos about University life
    * Writing down possible uni stories I can play

This is so me right now. I've been especially writing down storylines/searching the gallery for potential lots I want to use in the college world/stalking the forums
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    edited September 2019

Yes, for one, Llamaman/woman. Get Famous gave us several outfits that could be used for superheroes. Also some from the Spooky Pack and all those animal costumes like hamster, bear, trash panda, etc.

Plus, with RoM, you can give them super powers like ice or fire or teleportation or brain scrambling or turning them into objects. If you gave each hero/villain just one spell, then they could be like a superhero if the use their hands instead of a wand.

It just might be time to assemble my superhero team, the X-Sims. :)

Decided to create my team of superheroes, the X-Sims. You can find a better description in ROM: Share your screenshots.

48812152461_4521a9b528_h.jpg
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • Options

Yes, for one, Llamaman/woman. Get Famous gave us several outfits that could be used for superheroes. Also some from the Spooky Pack and all those animal costumes like hamster, bear, trash panda, etc.

Plus, with RoM, you can give them super powers like ice or fire or teleportation or brain scrambling or turning them into objects. If you gave each hero/villain just one spell, then they could be like a superhero if the use their hands instead of a wand.

It just might be time to assemble my superhero team, the X-Sims. :)

Decided to create my team of superheroes, the X-Sims. You can find a better description in ROM: Share your screenshots.

48812152461_4521a9b528_h.jpg

I like the costume in the center is that a career costume, or needs to be unlocked?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Yes, I saw it coming.
    And I can do it, now that I will have Discover University!

Already this announcement is impacting my game.
    Who is going to Britechester? Who is going to Foxbury?
    Is the game structured in a way that I can a groups of Uni students in separate households and rotate between the two without missing out on any Uni progression?

And most importantly, I have to play my main sims now.
    They are still children and teens. There is so much information I need so I can make better choices as I play my sims to prep them for Discover University.

So NEPS is dead.
    And this thread can rest in peace too, but be reborn in the expansion pack forum, because the pack I've wanted is no longer speculation.
    It's here.

[You need Farming.]
    Shut Up!
  • Options
    :D

I hope this long-awaited and anticipated pack is everything and more that you want it to be! I'll look forward to seeing your main Sims growing up at last!

This too is the only pack that I've really been wanting... Everything else from now on is just confetti (and no, I'm not Team Farming :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    :D

I hope this long-awaited and anticipated pack is everything and more that you want it to be! I'll look forward to seeing your main Sims growing up at last!

This too is the only pack that I've really been wanting... Everything else from now on is just confetti (and no, I'm not Team Farming :mrgreen: )

:D Confetti, I like that.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I think I have N.E.P.S. Symptom #5: You take pictures, mess about...

I'm not sure why though.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    @CK213 The space costume came with Get Famous as one of the movies to be filmed. I downloaded a sim that someone used to open all the locked outfits including work and GF. I usually start CAS with that sim and, when done creating my household, delete her. As long as one sim in your household has an unlocked outfit, the outfits stay.