Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What video editing software do you use for machinimas?

Hey, does anyone know of any good video editing softwares that are fairly cheap or even free?

Comments

• Options
    LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    I haven't started making videos yet, but I have downloaded and started using OBS for recording and Blender for videoediting. Blender is the same program that Pixar uses for their 3D animations and is also a video editing program that seems very nice, there are good tutorials on youtube :) If you have any questions, just ask, i need to learn more myself aswell :smiley:
  • Options
    SimCraz3dSimCraz3d Posts: 61 Member
    Oh okay, thank you. I have been using obs to record but when it came to the editing part I wasn't sure what to use. I have been looking at wondershare filmora. I don't know know if this is a dumb question or not, but is blender also what creators use to make those really realistic looking skins? I always see the word blender thrown in there whenever I cc shop, and I have no clue what it is. That's also really interesting about Pixar. I love those movies lol
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Hello! I use Wondershare Filmora, and I think it's quite easy to use. It's simple, but also have some more advanced functionality (ncluding greenscreen and split screens) that you can use or not. It comes with tons of filters and layover effects, which I only use 1% of because I prefer going rather plain with my movies. Like you probably know, it's not free, but not expensive and for the most it does what I need it to do. Had a few issues with the timeline being a bit off when test running a project, but it normally sorts itself out when the final film is extracted.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DDirectorDDirector Posts: 35 Member
    Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. You can try tutorial (for 7 or 30 days).
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    hey I use DaVinci Resolve its free!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Linnsane I had no idea you could edit film with Blender! I've only used it for animations and poses. That is so cool. Looking up tutorials now. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    @SimCraz3d So sorry for the late answer! But I think blender is used for making CC yes, you can do allot with it :)

@ZeeGee I have enjoyd learning about blender as a video editing program, can recommend the tutorials by Mikeycal Myers on youtube, so informative and easy to follow. He explains it in a really nice and easy way :smiley: