Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use apartments?

Comments

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Always
    I love the City Life of being able to walk just out of your apartment and have lots of people and stalls and action. And if im not in an apartment im in the house by the appartments.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Depends on the story
    I'm okay with not being able to remodel the outside of the apartments (just like Real Life) but at least I can do the insides though I'm usually not there long enough to do anything major. Currently have a Sim that's working on the CL aspiration and in the last part she has to live in an apartment worth more than §100K so she'll be in town a while. (I have her in the Business career but I might switch her to Public Relations to take advantage of being in San Myshuno.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Depends on the story
    I'm playing a big rotational save, and some of the families live in the city.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SimnoobsieSimnoobsie Posts: 26 Member
    Depends on the story
    I have 2 saves that use an apartment. Actually just 1 because the other I moved them into the Old Salt House and remodeled it. I like the idea of them but, I just can't seem to stick with them very long. I always end up leaving for a house.
    Find me on Instgram @simnoobsie for all of my builds.
    For full, inside/out images of my builds go to Imgur. User name Simnoobsie
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    Depends on the story
    I like San Myshuno but it's not that fun to play.
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Never
    I considered it in one 'struggling Sims' story, but they're just too restrictive. I want to build my own. I really wish you could build houses in San Myoshuno - that world is wasted on my game. I finally sent my Sims to visit a festival in my main save, but that's the only time I've been there.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Depends on the story
    Not very often; but I have used them before (mainly for single sims or newly wedded sims/couples that don't have children yet), so it depends on the sim. I had one sim that had a aspiration related to living there (I forgot what it was called).
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Depends on the story
    The majority of my sims live in houses; however, occasionally I'll have sim live in an apartment for story purposes or to change things up (but definitely not often). :)
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Never
    i've used them a total of two times. i'm just not good and designing them.
    my sims do spend a lot of time in the city tho (community lots and festivals).
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    Always
    I basically have to use apartments as I was running out of lots. On my smaller lots, I saved all the rooms and then moved them into apartments and remodeled until everything fit nicely. Unfortunately, after trying to flesh out my neighborhoods with a good amount of lots and residential home, I've run out of space again :( We really need a new empty world! And yes, I fleshed out Brindleton Bay too but I want to build a skating rink and I have no more room.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    Depends on the story
    I tend to only use them for single Sims (which I play extremely rarely) or a couple who are just starting out life. I was keen on apartments at first but now they kind of annoy me with the noise and layout. It's also pretty inconvienent for pets which are staples in my gameplay. All in all though, I do really like the penthouses.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Depends on the story
    Definitely depends on the story, but since the EP has gotten even buggier with time, I tend to avoid San Myshuno at all costs now.

I can deal with being unable to delete the annoying apartment traits. I've found my way around bugs, mice and daily (!) power outages. What makes me pretty much ignore apartments are the neighbors. Their annoying behavior is unfortunately the core feature of this EP impossible to get rid of even with mods :p The constant stalking, barging into my apartment uninvited and throwing tantrums about my sim playing guitar at 7pm (since when is 7pm late at night?) is what makes me stay away from playing in San Myshuno. I liked a little challenge at the beginning, sometimes you just want your sims to struggle before they move into a big, beautiful house with a lush garden but SM apartments are a mistake.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2018
    Depends on the story
    I had a poor single mom raising her child in an apartment once, which was interesting. The apartment wasn't all that great, it smelled weird, was infested with bugs, and caused the mom to wake up dazed very often.

She finally managed to move out by the time her parents died of age and she inherited their wealth.. that's how the story goes, anyway.

But yeah, that was the only time I actually played in an apartment for an extended period of time. And I would do it again... When I find a good excuse, that is.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Always
    I have mods to make the neighbors less noisy, that was my #1 complaint about San Myshuno.
    I don't have mods to make them less nosy though because I actually like them knocking to eat or shower (or that one pumped up neighbor who really want you to do push-ups with him).
    Anyway now that neighbors are quiet at night, ~60% of my sims live in apartments. It just fits my gameplay better.

I can: befriend the neighbors and have them on hands for parties and activities all the time. Buy takeaway food when I don't feel like cooking. Attend events without a loading screen.
    And my favorite: I can see other sims actually living their life and not just strolling through my neighborhood. I never realized how much I missed seeing the guy next door leave for work before City Living.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Never
    I tried them to see what they were like.
    I won't have much use for them until I have University and my Uni grads move to the big city to start their careers...
    and then move to suburbia to raise a family.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Depends on the story
    It's all i play with now and I love it. I just got the chance to play with them since 2 months, cause my story was ready for it. I had 4 YA ready to move out and have put them in 2 apartments. Then I made 2 other household in apartments too. Recently just rebuild one apartment and man.. I love it. just wished we could build apartment anywhere and however we want. Too much limitations in the sims 4...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Never
    I have to qualify my answer. Almost never. Sometimes I'll put a YA Sim from my family into one as their first abode. I don't often play that Sim, however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Depends on the story
    Starting a Sim in the TLC apartment and having them eventually end up in a penthouse as a famous wealthy Sim seems kinda fun once Get Famous comes out. :) Humble beginnings and all that.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Depends on the story
    Well I know I'd use them a lot more if I can place them in other worlds. :p
    I really want rowhouses in Brindleton Bay for example though they do come in handy for spares.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Never
    They're too small to play a family in and I prefer playing families to single sims.
  • Options
    Xboxsimsgang225Xboxsimsgang225 Posts: 1 New Member
    Depends on the story
    Ok i know you can live in an apartment but can you make one
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Always
    If I have a new family, they nearly always start in an apartment. I love the fact that the rent stays the same no matter how much expensive stuff I fill it with. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Depends on the story
    Up until seasons I used them almost exclusively, but now with gardening I like to have space for some plants.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Always
    He-he. I had a gardening Sim who filled her tiny apartment with planters. It was a wonder she had space to walk. Turns out houses really are better for that sort of thing.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Always
    I love having sims in an apartment. It feels like there's more to do, having neighbours so close helps keep the social meter up, festivals outside your door are fun, the views are great, I love the look, and rent is more affordable for my young adult sims.