Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use apartments?

I'm really curious to know how many of you live in apartments or just jump straight into a home! or does it depend on the story for you guys? I know some that just use CL for the festivals, so I'm curious to know what you do! I personally have a love/hate relationships with them because I can feel restricted in them, but they do add a good story line, raising city sims and etc.

How often do you use apartments? 286 votes

Always
13%
IcewolfSimmervilleimhappyghiliephantom121294BoergeAarg61simgirl1010dirtandprettyCeres_Meirionaalejandro15039mueller_litetaydevduhboy2u2pixiejuiceFroillovejess2Crystal58catitude5AngelEb95bizuktag 40 votes
Depends on the story
72%
Akl500PicmnfrshNh6650GRIMMYJaiSeaDerellaKita5399Kamb64JaseLaBlue0314Cabelle1863dreamergrl84HowGreatThouArtoveronPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannjadevkWritin_RegTiarellakeekee53 206 votes
Never
13%
CK213KidVicious359GoldmoldarTheStarHermitGalacticGalkippy300Colorist40SusanaLeotevik92invisiblgirlfriendlysimmersSimpkinBagoas77Vulorimarcel21kellzaFinvolaBlueSeaWavesSajahiLoriTSp 40 votes

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Depends on the story
    When I use them, it's usually as a starting point for a single sim or a couple. Eventually they move into a house.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Never
    I used to really enjoy them, but because of certain bugs I haven't been able to use them anymore.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Depends on the story
    I only have one save with a sim living in an apartment. I like playing large families, so I need lots of space for my sims and most of the apartments are too small. I also don't like how the windows and the outside of the apartment can't be edited.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2018
    Depends on the story
    If I have Sims that I intend to travel, I will start them in an apt. Those archaeological trips are not cheap!
    Apts also seem to have a fixed price, so I don't have to worry about artifacts in the inventory jacking up the bills.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Depends on the story
    I play rotationally so I like to have plenty of variety and some of my sims will therefore live in apartments. I'm not a big fan of apartments though.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Always
    play various households and filled the apartments, too.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Depends on the story
    I can endure them only for so long, before I move my sims out. Really can't deal with the restrictions and noisy neighbours very long.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    Never
    Very very rarely so I can't technically say "never" but it's the closest option.
    They are too restrictive for me and I feel trapped in them. I only really like 2 of them and sometimes (once every blue moon) I'd have a YA move there but I always end up moving them back to another world or to the couple of lots that are normal in the city if I really want to keep them there.
    I use San Myshuno basically only for the festivals and food stalls, a cafe I built on a rooftop, and an elegant and hip restaurant that I call The Gallery.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Never
    I used to occasionally but never liked the lack of outdoor space. With seasons all my sims live in normal houses - can't be bothered with apartments anymore.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Always
    I marked always because I'm a rotational player, but the word I was looking for was often.

In the end I could say it depends on the story, but that's truth for almost everything in this game.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Never
    never. I like to build my own apartments. I also like to live in none high rise apartments.
    as you can't have either. I find them useless, and extremely limited.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    Depends on the story
    Rarely. If I do play with apartments I allow my sims to file their complaints about their neighbors with the house owner. If the neighbors misbehave four times more than my sims, then I evict the neighbor.

The main attraction of apartments in Sims 2 was how all my families in the same apartment complex appeared on and interacted with each other at the shared community grounds. That's missing in this game. Also apartments could be anything from normal apartment houses to castles, archaeological camps, prisons, cruise ships... there was no end to what you could build.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Depends on the story
    I use them for single sims or small families now and then but I really despise the noisy neighbours.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Never
    I do not play in the city in CL being there is really no way to build apartments or outside of that city.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Always
    I'll take any space I can get, plus I hate having really high bills when I just want to play casually.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Always
    I love the apartments, especially the smaller ones. I don't play them for all my families (always), but I play rotationally and about 10 of my families live in apartments. Meaning I play normal houses the most, but flats regularly :) I like that we have various ways.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Depends on the story
    CL is still buggy at certain times so I limit my usage of San Myshuno because of this.

That being said, the husband in my core family decided to have an affair with his deceased son’s widow. His wife found out about the affair of course, and kicked the husband out of their manor. The husband can’t afford any nice homes in the other neighborhoods with furniture included so I have moved him into a rent-controlled apartment so that he can work and save so he can buy himself a house.

The irony is his wife accidentally had an affair around this same time with her daughter’s husband (now ex) and a baby was born lol ah gotta love it.
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Not as often as I used to, especially after the addition of C&D - apartments are simply unlivable for these poor creatures.
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Depends on the story
    Depends on the story. Although I tend to move Sims into apartments as soon as they become Young Adults. I move them in with their friends, or with their friends across the hall. I rarely use them for families.
    giphy.gif
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Always
    currently I have 2 households living in apartments. I kinda like playing in the apartments.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Always
    None of my sims live in San Myshuno because I absolutely adore Brindleton Bay. They do regularly visit family and friends who live in apartments.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Depends on the story
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    When I use them, it's usually as a starting point for a single sim or a couple. Eventually they move into a house.

yep. or a runaway teen.

-Yarden.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Never
    Rarely. If I do play with apartments I allow my sims to file their complaints about their neighbors with the house owner. If the neighbors misbehave four times more than my sims, then I evict the neighbor.

The main attraction of apartments in Sims 2 was how all my families in the same apartment complex appeared on and interacted with each other at the shared community grounds. That's missing in this game. Also apartments could be anything from normal apartment houses to castles, archaeological camps, prisons, cruise ships... there was no end to what you could build.

apartments in the sims 4 are the worse in the whole series. apartment life is a huge pie. city living apartments like most features in 4 simply a slice of a pie.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• fredrikamfredrikam Posts: 20 Member
    Depends on the story
    I use apartments either in the beginning or when I don't want to build and/or decorate a whole house.
  • mossbossmossboss Posts: 31 Member
    Depends on the story
    San Myshuno is my favorite neighborhood so far, so I always start my sims out there in apartments but whether or not they stay depends. Most of the time, I move them to a penthouse ASAP with cheats because I love penthouses! Typically if they end up married and have kids I'll move them to a house, but sometimes I keep them in the biggest penthouse. They're so fun to build on.