Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    @Hallonsaft11
    Well, since it´s a little bit less change for sims having kids, Ben and Alicia won´t have any trouble having another child so soon. :wink:
    ^I guess so. :lol:
    When your save loads up you know how it tells you tips about the game (if you don't have the interactive loading screen)? One of them says that not all sims work for their pay and I can't quote it exactly from memory, but I figured it to mean the Maids and Butler's you hire. Maybe this lady is just lazy...and needs to be fired. :p
    Or it could be what @Charlottesmom said. Try that first and see if anything changes. :)

@bekkasan So, is it a nice looking pale or like he could really use a tan? :p
    Thanks. :blush:

@msbeckycat Clever idea with the name generator. :grin:

@Emily4331 Oh I doubt I am the only one. ;) Your creations appeal to lots of different audiences so I'm sure there are others that have added them to their games. <3
    Yeah, I was thinking he (Scott) looked more tan in the siggy as well. ;) I'll see what I can do to fix it, but if I go too dark it's like too pink or too orange. :confused: Curse this non-default version...

@MoonandStars83 *Waves* Nice update. :)

@SpringFairy556 Awesome! :star:
    Ok, you gotta send me a PM of all this Medieval CC you used because someday I'd love to play out a story like that. :smiley: Based on a story I wrote as a teen. :blush:
    Easy there Bryce... :worried:
    I think the King has the hotts for Claire. :smirk:

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Skintone on Sam looks great. :) I do find that Sam is a bit tanned though...does the skintone slider darken just a slight tad? :)
    ^It does, but barely...then the skin looks too pink or too orange. :confused: I'm trying to find the happy medium. It's just really weird!

@Charlottesmom The images you captured for this Chapter were Brilliant! :mrgreen:
    Poor sad Rosie. :cry: I'm actually feeling sorry for her. I was really attached to many stuffed animals as a kid so...
    Julia's face here:
    44234509074_937877290e_c.jpg
    ^She be like, "I am not convinced!" :lol:
    And she totally looks like one tired momma while rocking Rosie there!
    And THIS picture:
    31081867168_0c205e8918_c.jpg
    ^Such an ACCURATE scenario of how putting a restless toddler to bed is when you're dead tired yourself! :lol:
    OMGosh Julia cast a spell on her?? :open_mouth:
    44042218825_5c7f622a43_c.jpg
    ^OMGOSH this picture! :joy::joy: Girl I know I shouldn't be laughing, but gosh it's because these pictures are just so accurate of how a parent really feels around their crying kids sometimes! :lol:
    I'm glad Jasper made friends with Edward, even though......
    23 minutes huh?
    Her ignore face! Nice shot! :star: That was just before she was about to fall down asleep right? ;)
    You're awesome!! :star: I look forward to more!

@Silverofdreams30 Dang girl, you're up late! :p;)
    Some of the old school RPG's were the BEST! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @emorrill -- Indeed. :)
    To this day I can't listen to Over the Rainbow without getting a little misty.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Hehe I got it :3
    I prefer semi-realistic. More realistic than the base game, but not uncanny valley.
    8 or 9 wow!
    Who mentioned K-pop? Babymetal is Japanese metal :3
    Thank you!
    I think Isabelle, Iris, and Harvey look pretty good! They look unique. :smile:

@Charlottesmom
    Poor Rosie D:
    In my head, the way you write toddler speech makes me think of orc peons from world of warcraft. :lol: Work is da po.op! No more! :tongue:
    Also, I need that spell cast on me IRL. :neutral:

@Springfairy556 Your save also reminds me of world of warcraft. :lol: It's pretty cool to be playing a medieval save, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for the traveling after you mentioned how long it takes earlier in the thread. :astonished:

@emorrill I hope so :(
    I have a skin with that issue as well. Just a weird ramp up on the color spectrum. Maybe try a different skin altogether?

Only have a couple of pics to share as my others for some reason didn't actually take a screenshot... :lol:

First, 2/3 of the band practicing at Waylon's Haunt. (with some strangers :lol: )
    ENe45V7.png

And I made Mia Costova's mom! I made her in TS2 awhile back and decided to remake her in TS3. Her name is Katerina Moretti. :smile:
    wSntR3f.png

I gave the girls some Halloween costumes - Io is a cowgirl and Kairi went in gothic lolita attire. They both looked really cute, but those screenshots didn't save. :(
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    --Sure! I'll put a list together for you.

@Emily4331
    With horses its quicker, but still takes 2 hrs to get to a grocery store XD
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Emily4331 It is all greek to me. A couple of years ago I thought it would be fun to do my own cc. LOL...I couldn't even understand the first few pages of the tutorial. I just learned how to search better for what I wanted and ask folks where they got theirs. :) Congrats on that 100!
    That is one hot Mama! Ok...sorry...I just had to say it before @CravenLestat did. :lol::tongue:
    That is the old lady that married Barry in my save playing the electric piano! Keep her away from your sims boyfriend!!

@Puddinroy Bummer about your computer.

@MoonandStars83 Cats are definitely quirky! Great makeovers. Bummer she got arrested.

@Charlottesmom hmm, sometimes I just want to bang heads together. Both kids clearly told their parents what the problem was. :open_mouth: Parents just don't listen! :tongue: The kids are adorable even having their crying jags. Glad that Julia's spell worked and that Edward and Jasper become friends. So sad that Rosie couldn't do the same. :(

@Springfairy556 Love the new story. I hope things are working well in the world. I looks amazing.

@emorrill hehe, he is not sickly pale but not sure if you can get darker on eskin without being more pink. I actually checked Sam in Sanctuary earlier. He is wearing one of my KB skins because I wasn't sure what you used until you were showing it the other day. Hers run from really dark to light.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2018
    tumblr_pdyf8kHtv71wm576ho1_1280.jpg
    With Tom Cruise pushing to bring out Top Gun 2... I thought I'd put together a nice little piece of CC for my military sims...taking a good ol' shot at Maverick Mitchell...
    bcIwasinverted.jpg

Awww...geez, has it really been 32 years since my friend and I queued up to go see Top Gun when it first came out at the movie theatres in 1986? :) We actually even got a movie poster for each of us from the theatre manager. That was after we stopped by Expo 86 for the day. :D Ah...high-school...those were the times. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @emorrill hehe, he is not sickly pale but not sure if you can get darker on eskin without being more pink. I actually checked Sam in Sanctuary earlier. He is wearing one of my KB skins because I wasn't sure what you used until you were showing it the other day. Hers run from really dark to light.

@bekkasan; @emorrill, When I used eskin, I found that I had to crank the slider half way down in order to get the right shade, because there's all sorts of weird shades in between, ranging from orange to purple...before it hits on a 'darker tanned shade' that looks like a tanned human; it's a hit and miss sort of thing, I think. :)

I think I used eskin on Alyza...because I wanted her a slightly darker shade of tan.

Screenshot-28.jpg
    ...so it is possible. :) You just have to play the sliders...and don't hesitate to crank it...farther than you'd think while watching the skin tone.

I think Sam up on seeing the animated gif looks fine, just about roughly where you have him at, @emorrill. :)

jb3dwphttuagrxg4eywi.jpg
    I don't think Scott Bakula was all that tanned on Quantum Leap from the looks of it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Karritz, @emorrill Man, I wish they had put the ability to be able to do violin duets (just like the jam with the band for other instruments) for that "Fit as a Fiddle" Violin.

Found one of my favorite violinists (Ray Chen) doing the Bach Double Violin concerto "musical chairs"...absolutely hysterically funny. Hopefully he got his Stradivarius back.
    https://youtu.be/RNZKwKRUb7U
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @Charlottesmom I know, can't take her anywhere!
    * Oh my, it's building up to quite a childhood trauma!
    * Your pictures of Grim are to die for :naughty:
    @meerkattime :smiley:
    @emorrill Everything she does is crude :tongue:
    @Silverofdreams30 The sims trailers are so peppy! It looked like Sugar Bijou and Flo-Flo Chique from Bridgeport, I always befriend them while there, such party dolls :wink:
  • Options
    Update! The group had a Spooky Day costume party!

Io went as a cowgirl. :3
    PsbetJI.png

And Kairi as a gothic lolita
    jy1impM.png
    (I'll get better pics of it later).

The party started off with the wrong kind of bang as Kairi learned of Barry's fraternization from him flirting with a willing Suzy.
    vkF32cU.png

2tHxXgM.png
    So not only did he get the wrath of Kairi...

But so did Suzy, who is no longer apart of the band. And then there were 2.
    yUAGuac.png

Kairi took this opportunity and ran with it. Ace it was!
    uyD7gkf.png

lThMYqw.png

And the two really seemed meant for each other :tongue:
    GZsj1Kd.png

Kairi was a good girl the whole night, too. Turning down Alexy Fresco's advances at every turn.
    mrsFpb1.png

And having a good time with her probably future...cousin in law? Is that a thing? :lol:
    Ec3kWIF.png

And I gave poor Ace some eye surgery, of course. :tongue:
    hUfNGFQ.png
    Much better! He's a cute fella.

Io and Kei :heart:
    yWEWB2K.png

To note as well, Io left her job as a stylist and decided to try her hand as a model instead! :smile:
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @MoonandStars83
    Yes, and not at all adorable as your avi :smile:
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Mikezumi, that would do it, lol ;)
    Lovely pics :) Alex is so busy; everybody wants to hire him B) Congrats on Connor going to have a new baby :3

@bekkasan, no problem :)

@TadOlson, ohh, so if the weather is really bad, they can go there and they'll be safer :)
    Glad that your message boards are working properly :3

@OriginalMara, no problem :)

@king_of_simcity7, awesome :smiley:

@Puddinroy, sorry that your computer isn't working :( I hope you can gt it fixed :)

@Charlottesmom, poor toddlers :'( I can understand why Julia cast the forgetfulness spell on them. I hope they and their IF's will have a happy ending :open_mouth:

@emorrill, that's a really lovely piano piece, yeah :3 That's really cool that you are learning to play it B)
    Yeah, I like a lot of the ponycore music :) I've just been listening to Pinkie Pie doing Disney covers on YouTube (with the earphones on, it's past midnight here) ;)
    Any time :3
    I think that Sam's skin colour looks very nice there :3

@MoonandStars83, he is an awesome cat though ;)
    Lovely pics and makeovers :) Are those 2 huge cat beds?

@Emily4331, that costume party looks wild B)
    What was wrong with Aces' eyes?
  • Options
    @plushtrap_107 Ace and seemingly everyone else in Bridgeport has big eyed syndrome. Their eyes are huge. :lol:
  • Options
    @Emily4331, lol, I've never noticed that before :D It's a bit too late to play Sims now bu I really want to load up Bridgport and look :p
  • Options
    I'm off to bed now, will catch up more tomorrow :) 'Night everybody :3
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Emily4331 For me, a lot of Bridgeport residents, especially the vampires but not exclusively, remind me of Gelflings from Dark Crystal with their prominent face profiles, large eyes, small noses and big mouths. Wogan Hemlock is a good example.
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    @lanlyn - Thank you, I'm glad you appreciate it. I do take time on them, I like them to be interesting to my tastes. Although I must admit that I can't take all the credit for Ali (the genie). He was born in game and I saved him to the bin/converted him to a genie in CAS because I thought he was so cool looking! The vampires in Bridgeport have good genetics for unique sims!

@msbeckycat -Thanks!

@meerkattime - Thanks! I'm glad you like my sims.

@bekkasan - Thanks!

@coco - Marigold got off easy, since Lynette has a habit of slapping people that cross her. She's lost so many friends that way! Haha
    I'm glad you like the magical attic, the moon light is from the store. :)

@MoonandStars83 - Thanks! In my opinion, things will stay interesting as long as Lynette is mortal (immortal?) enemies with two evil ghost sisters. Haha

Not really an update, but a random chaotic event unfolded when I decided to play a prank on her (ex)roommate when I found her sleeping on a bench at the salon. It escalated quickly....

ot8a0Pk.jpg

9s05PEq.jpg

She somehow survived lol
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    pg. 3024
    @TadOlson Nice work with the message board. I can see how it's useful for it to remain visible with walls down.
    @Emily4331 The shoes look flawless nice job. Kai looks sooo much nicer without the bright yellow eyes. He's quite the cutie now! Him and Io are sweet kissing by the hydrangeas. Lol I see what they did, Kai must have been whistling all the way home :smile:
    @mikezumi Lovely work on Shark. Your changes were small but made him look so much better. I've never seen that female hair before but you're right it's not very flattering.
    Now my memory is coming back. Niall still doesn't look old to me but I remember that's the reason you took them on holiday. I don't want to see him die either :frowning:
    Alec did well on the mechanical bull but he's so close to hitting his head on the ceiling lol. Connor has really come out of his shell with Morty around. Haha and now he's pregnant. I bet you didn't expect babies so soon! You must have amazing patience to get 8 toddler makeovers done at once. Poor Alec is working himself into the ground with all the continuous jobs. Laptops in TS3 are so huge and bulky lol, hopefully Morty found another table.
    @Silverofdreams30 I haven't seen that old trailer in ages. My favourite is the first look trailer with the guy leaving his house for the first time.

pg. 3025
    @Silverofdreams30 *fans self* :love:
    @Nikkei_Simmer I didn't realise violin training was so rigorous. I played a bit of keyboard but mostly flute while growing up. I'm probably no good at it now though. Ouch a billiard ball to the face has gotta hurt. For once he didn't get stung! The flowers by the school are pretty. The sunset is lovely. I've heard a lot of good things about Cape Garner even before seeing it in your game, I'm considering adding it as a possible vacation world. The theatre and grocery buildings look awesome! Awww poor kids. I hope they make it. Serves Braden right for kicking his kids out of the house. Really nice shot of the thick fog over the mountains!! It seems like lovestruck fools can be found anywhere. I hope the guy understood River's full meaning or else she would leave it up to Haruo. Greta probably just caught Sandi on a bad day, no need to send her to the psych wards just yet. Lol fluro yellow is an awful colour indeed.
    @Cadh20000 That's so cool that your dress was the top download :smile:
    @emorrill I don't think he looks sick. Yes it's a pale skin but it looks like normal Sam to me. This is why I only work with default skins, too much fiddling otherwise :lol:
    @Hallonsaft11 I have a sneaking suspicion that your maid is actually an undercover paparazzi. Taking pictures is not normal :tongue:
    @Emily4331 Congratulations on the milestone! Your conversions have gotten better and better since you first started. I look forward to seeing what new creations you come up with :smile:
    @MoonandStars83 It's a shame about the RBF lol but they aren't that bad looking. I bet when Isabelle smiles she'll look real pretty. Iris is pretty, she just looks so bored in CAS haha. Harvey is really handsome :smile:
    @Charlottesmom Rosie's toddler talk is so adorable. Surely her words aren't that hard for Julia to understand. I love the pattern on Rosie's onesie. I'm glad that they found no problems at the hospital. Julia's face lol... that's the expression of one exhausted lady :lol:. Oh I didn't realise that she's a witch. The forgettting spell seems a bit risky. Surely it would have been better for Julia to figure out what the problem is. Oh no Jasper is just as inconsolable. I have a feeling something bad will result from these forgetting spells. It seems that Jasper is just a kinder child by nature than Rosie. That's real sweet to see Jasper and Edward playing with dinosaurs together. Poor Rowrow :cry:
    @Springfairy556 Claire is feisty, I like her! Commander Bryce is taking every opportunity to make her look bad. Do I sense a friendship and maybe romance blossoming? :smirk:

pg. 3026
    @Emily4331 It's a shame those screenshots were lost. Did a granny join the band lol? Katerina is super pretty, I love how you styled her :smile:
    I love that accessory necklace I think you showed off earlier. It suits the cowgirl look perfectly. Kairi's gothic lolita look is spot on! Love the rose netted fascinator. Barry how could you think a hotdog is attractive, I'm disappointed. Ah it's a shame that Suzy left the band but it's for the best. I love that Kairi decided to kiss the other hotdog wearing person. Ace is really cute and looks like a friendly boy. At least Kei is faithful to Io so far :smile:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oh man I can't stand Tom Cruise, he's such a creep. Neat new t shirt design :smile:
    @Jazzypoo Poor lady was just sleeping when suddenly she got set on fire. I suppose you can't die twice but it's lucky that no one else was hurt.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Alice and Adam's Wedding

The day dawns with the usual fog, but otherwise looks like fair weather. The wedding is set for sunset, but the family and friends are already busy with the preparations. They enjoy a hearty breakfast and Gardenia assigns tasks for everyone to complete for the wedding this evening. Even the newlyweds Marshall and Jennifer were assigned tasks once they made it to breakfast after their night in the grotto.
    44948961421_1e84822465_b.jpg
    44228424884_ae29309135_b.jpg
    43136213300_71959c64b3_b.jpg

Marshall and Jennifer's assignment was to clean the grotto so it would be available for Alice and Adam. I think they decided to muss the sheets up one more time.
    44228424334_4d197c59f2_b.jpg

Victor set the younger kids on their tasks to collect some flowers for the vases. He reminded Jillian to meet with Josef and Dylan at the park in a hour with the flowers. No dawdling allowed. Clarabelle needed to be feed and petted and played with, so he took that task on himself.
    44948962421_c7def470c7_b.jpg
    44228425344_5fb3507f2a_b.jpg

The park where the wedding will be held is showing signs of new life and color from the spell that Gardenia and Alice cast on their own land. The spell is slowly spreading to the outlying homes and community lots and rejuvenating them. Gardenia contemplates renewing the spell from other areas in town, but that is for another day. Today is for setting up the park for Alice and Adam's wedding.
    44956005291_2ae222b3ca_b.jpg
    44958628941_246e729fa8_b.jpg

A few hours before sunset the family travels to the park. The photographer poses them for pictures until Victor gets tired of smiling for the pictures and calls a halt. He actually wants to chat with his daughter one more time before the ceremony. He was tired of having his picture taken also. Alice hugs his neck thanking him for being her Dad. "I'm going to miss you my little one. I remember the day Gardenia told me she was pregnant with you. I knew you would be a girl and I knew your name would be Alice. It was one of the happiest days of my life holding you, hearing your cry. You have grown into a beautiful young woman. Today, you will be formally joined with Adam. You and he will have a family of you own in the future. I want you to remember, you are always my little one. I'm just a thought away from you and will always come if you need me. I love you and am so proud of you."
    44228423604_868da43ff9_b.jpg
    44958629781_06415722ca_b.jpg
    44046208325_ab867c1fac_b.jpg
    43136211160_dca0cf2a77_b.jpg

The sounds of the harp playing softly interrupt their talk. The sun is setting and it is time for the ceremony. Alice hugs her Dad one more time, takes his arm and they walk together to the archway where Adam is waiting for her.
    30012041887_f4f44029fb_b.jpg

Alice walks with Adam and stands under the archway. She has known Adam was her soulmate for several years. The ceremony just makes it official in the eyes of the world. Adam is standing tall and confident. He looks so handsome in the suit he is wearing. It is in her favorite color of blue. He is such a romantic and her heart beats as strongly for him now as it did when they met.
    43136210350_b838350e80_b.jpg

Adam looks into Alice's face and sees the woman she has become since they first met. He loved her then, he loves her now and he will love her into eternity. She is wearing her mother's gown and he hopes and prays they have a beautiful daughter who will wear that same gown someday. He is excited about the future with Alice, having children of their own, and traditions that they will start that will add to the traditions in her family.
    43136206500_fb1620cbfb_b.jpg

They stand before the witnesses and vow their love and exchange the rings that bind them together before man and the fates. Neither are nervous, they are relaxed and smiling and laughing as they say their vows to each other. They are officially joined as husband and wife. Adam and Alice Moonwalker.
    30012039397_0b8149a3fc_b.jpg
    43136207830_3e1120ef22_b.jpg
    30012038517_0e15a94f4c_b.jpg
    43136206970_17aca32f89_b.jpg
    30012037067_4ee2aaee6c_b.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @coco
    ---Thanks! She is a bit fiesty.
    ---Yes, I can feel a friendship at least blossoming.

@bekkasan
    --Thanks! It runs really well.I ended up having my sims move into one home and purchased a second property, and just have the "other household" hang out on that lot.

42763870_164885891102338_4587867182070759424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=5f80430d16d27d96515063d7cddc5464&oe=5C5D09EC
    King William: Good Morning Claire.
    Claire was busy tending to wildfire, when the King approached her from behind.
    Claire: Good Morning, Your majesty.Is there something I can do for you?
    King William: There is.How about taking a ride with me? I see you like horses.
    Claire: I love horses.Yes, I'd be happy to.

42625142_164885904435670_9144318744250548224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=71984f48291886baba9e1c17081ae545&oe=5C154942
    King William: Didn't you know the King rides first?
    Claire: It's not my fault, you can't keep up..You're highness.
    King William: Oh, so that's how you're going to be.Two can play that game.
    But before he could get Lady to gallop, Claire was off like the wind.

42622473_164885977768996_4668283435301732352_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=7badcd21412576319295f177dd829479&oe=5C230365
    Claire: I see you're still behind me.Come on Wildfire, let's go.

42614691_164885884435672_1317931094397419520_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&oh=f02f0e9fe2283d68a63012589148e3ce&oe=5C22EAD2
    King William: You ride like death was after you.I admit defeat.You beat me, My lady.
    Claire: Thank you.But really no need to call me that, I'm just a regular girl.
    King William: That's not true.
    Seems the two horses were enjoying each other's company as well.

42770264_164885944435666_6613624314371506176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=a6ae1636cf846852d64488ec25c32816&oe=5C5C1DAC
    Claire: Why isn't Bryce with you? If you don't mind me asking.
    King William: I don't need him following me around all day.After awhile it gets daunting.You miss him?
    Claire: I do not.Nor will I ever.
    King William: And I thought you two got along so well.

42658032_164885961102331_574664317807362048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=09d61d8b0228ffb7e8fae5172d335f21&oe=5C5ABA89
    King William: Speaking of Bryce, I best take my leave.I would hate to return to a burned down castle.Thank you for the company, I enjoyed it.
    Claire: The pleasure was all mine You're highness.

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    Hello all - I've spent this morning working on the next video - 30 Grandchildren Part 6.

It is now loading to YouTube.

I am in a rush as I wanted to leave for the dog park 15 minutes ago so I will be off now.

I'll let you know when the video is available for viewing.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I didn't realise violin training was so rigorous. I played a bit of keyboard but mostly flute while growing up. I'm probably no good at it now though. Ouch a billiard ball to the face has gotta hurt. For once he didn't get stung! The flowers by the school are pretty. The sunset is lovely. I've heard a lot of good things about Cape Garner even before seeing it in your game, I'm considering adding it as a possible vacation world. The theatre and grocery buildings look awesome! Awww poor kids. I hope they make it. Serves Braden right for kicking his kids out of the house. Really nice shot of the thick fog over the mountains!! It seems like lovestruck fools can be found anywhere. I hope the guy understood River's full meaning or else she would leave it up to Haruo. Greta probably just caught Sandi on a bad day, no need to send her to the psych wards just yet. Lol fluro yellow is an awful colour indeed.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oh man I can't stand Tom Cruise, he's such a creep. Neat new t shirt design :smile:

Kids get to come home daily from "military school"...it's at the City Hall. :D So no "sending them away". but they get to learn some discipline and getting their homework done on time. The Colonel will drill it in to them at home. :D

I used to play trumpet and trombone in high-school, studied piano for 16 years and studied operatic voice at college for the two years I went there, no more voice due to nodules so it's back to the keyboard if and when I can afford one. :) I love the violin but it's incredibly difficult and hard to make it sound good without years of training.

Yeah...Braden's going to be smarting for a while after that hit to the face.

The guy who created Cape Garner Islands was incredibly detailed...and it certainly captured the feel of the coastal islands of BC.

Yeah...Not a big fan of Tom Cruise myself, but his character on Top Gun, Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, I liked...but being a Captain for this long after being commissioned in '82 (he's served for 36 years)...he should be a Rear-Admiral by now, guess he certainly fell below the zone on several promotion lists. But since he was a MiG Killer (one short of an ace), I guess he didn't fall under the "up or out" rule.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @bekkasan I love all the blue and teal furnishings in the dining room. You definitely need two tables to be able to feed everyone in that house. I hope Marshall and Jennifer tidied the grotto up when they finished lol. I've don't have MH but it really shows in your pictures just how dead everything looks there. I really love the idea of Gardenia and Alice's spells rejuvenating the land. It looks great with a bit of colour! Oh Alice's dress is just stunning. Where did you get it from? It actually reminds me a bit of Elsa from Frozen. I like the sleeves and the gorgeous long train. Victor is sparkling! The family photos are really nice, you did good to get them all standing still. Alice looks so radiant under the wedding arch. Everything about her looks beautiful. I suppose Adam scrubs up alright too :tongue:. I can't wait to see what their children look like and I have no doubt in my mind that their future daughter will get to wear Gardenia's dress too. Beautiful! :heart:
    @Springfairy556 I don't know why but Claire's face looks funny as she's riding the horse. She's cheeky but William seems to have a sense of humour too. The town is so far in the distance no wonder it takes so long haha. The scenery is really stunning and realistic. I like the blanket and armor you chose for the King's horse. He is so gonna develop a crush on her :tongue:
    @Nikkei_Simmer City Hall school isn't so bad. I thought you were sending them away to return as teens later. Still... poor kids I feel sorry for them being shouted at by the Colonel daily. Surely having a father in the Canadian Space Agency would be strict enough :lol:
    You're obviously a very creative person. I hope that you are able to afford a keyboard in the nearby future. I miss having one too. Although the only song I could play half decently was Für Elise.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    coco wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer City Hall school isn't so bad. I thought you were sending them away to return as teens later. Still... poor kids I feel sorry for them being shouted at by the Colonel daily. Surely having a father in the Canadian Space Agency would be strict enough :lol:
    You're obviously a very creative person. I hope that you are able to afford a keyboard in the nearby future. I miss having one too. Although the only song I could play half decently was Für Elise.

@coco - My piano teacher tossed me this one... The Prelude and Fugue in D Major from Book 1 of the Well-Tempered Clavier.

https://youtu.be/K_85VWhfSRA

Despite what my teacher wanted, I could only get the Prelude to about 3/4s the speed of what Richter performed it at which was still pretty darned fast for what my fingers could do.
    Bach, Johann Sebastian Prelude and Fugue in D major, BWV 850 RCM 2008 Grade 10

I want to get back half of what I was able to do back when I was in my early twenties. I want to get to the point where I can perform the Bach Little Prelude and Fugue in G Major BWV 902 on a video...
    https://youtu.be/vl0kOlnsBTs - this is Marcin Dabrowski performing both preludes and the fugue.
    Evidently, it's a Grade 9 RCM (Royal Conservatory of Music) piece. And my piano teacher skipped me from Grade 8 to 10... :scream:

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited September 2018
    Gave out some "Awesome"s earlier, now for my update.

The game played fine for a few hours earlier before crashing while Heather was at her first day of school so she'll be having 2 "first days". Before that she had the weekend to get used to being a Child and start learning her Piano and Painting skills(She is an Animal Lover, a Virtuoso, and Artistic).

Heather's room has had a bit of a makeover, Though the boy's room next to it will have to wait until they actually HAVE a boy so I can see his traits, favorite color, etc... before getting more stuff for it. As you can see, Sherita is still her own, very bright, nightlight... If anyone wants that rug I uploaded it to the Exchange as well. *EDIT* Oops, looks like I'd taken the screenshot BEFORE I gave her a chair at the desk, don't worry she does have one now. *END EDIT*

31088342428_d9d60f3147_b.jpg
    31088343058_f9f91b8ba3_b.jpg
    44241664254_6580db54c6_b.jpg
    44961316491_59fcb63872_b.jpg

1 kitten and 1 puppy have been given up for adoption, currently trying to decide which of the remaining to keep as the Treks will only be keeping 1 of each.
    Here is Sam(father cat) and Honey(the only female kitten)
    30024089177_be5a79b5db_b.jpg

They decided to wrestle while Honey's brother looked on without paying attention as his mind was wandering at the time.
    31088334648_470a7127d8_b.jpg

This part is from a while back but the sauna and hottub rooms have had a little rework, the outer walls of each are lined with "Digital Fishiness", as has the wall between the hottub room and the main activity room.
    44961319741_c7a7f0505c_b.jpg
    44961320741_beb0722bdb_b.jpg
    44961321811_999ae9edda_b.jpg
    Post edited by Cadh20000 on
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file