Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OUTDATED] Which game pack is your favorite?

hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
I'm wondering which one people think is the best, and WHY. the WHY is important.
Edit: This poll is no longer up to date with the recent game packs.
Post edited by hermionia on

[OUTDATED] Which game pack is your favorite? 279 votes

Jungle Adventure
6%
TheStarHermitNighteyesSusanaLeoteMoon_WillowdeviouslyvividorangehippogriffpammiechickcomicsforlifekerplukeeGrumpyGlowfishJohnvincent1229thesleepingsatelliteDBClaytonLightningSparx25deesbIndigoGreeneEnjoyfulSimmerSimslove87 18 votes
Parenthood
36%
Akl500PCK213Frn0731pookysimsloverOneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshrudy8292JaseErja888aprilroseaelias24Stormkeepvik92ThmDovesimgirl1010Aeroprincess87stilljustme2mjallethadklaxRamblineRose 103 votes
Vampires
35%
DerellaIdontrcallLaBlue0314jeLlyBeAn1573UnDutchableoveronPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannWritin_Regsimm621phantom121294GvaudoinAnmirlaMagdaleenarobyngravesalanmichael1Simberella777barracuda1574safersaviourVulori 98 votes
Dine Out
12%
jadevkmcruddSimburiankeekee53candy8cchant86g01denswan3fansforeverLustianiciaJennyggbevillesimmietimejode23fullspiralrjssimMayotje007bizuktagdizzydee_kjoleacoImSands 35 votes
Spa Day
5%
kippy300Bagoas77Briel24jheyjuneiceelelunicyRavager619FRENZIIlenorcaWillow17TheGoodOldGamerthatsnotswegCharlotta11GalaxySimsGirlSimsLoverrVicingus 15 votes
Outdoor Retreat
3%
JaiSeamlmeadowsvinnies1234EnkiSchmidtHermitgirlSheriSim57loutredorLady_Balloraitsbritneybeech1_Emx0202 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Parenthood
    I only just got Parenthood, but I'm confident it will become my favorite the more I play with it. I primarily play with families, and I'm already enjoying the depth it adds to having children. It feels like my sims are actually raising their children now, not simply caring for their basic needs.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Parenthood
    I picked Parenthood because it's the most recent one I got. I think the more I try and play families in the game, the more I will enjoy it.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2018
    Vampires
    I am a huge Occult fan and Vampires are not only an Occult creature, but this iteration nailed them! I never really played them that much previously because one was far too easy to kill and the other was a bit too hard to kill (and I friggin' hate sparklers :s - never wanted a true Blade character so badly in game). And it's not just the Vampires themselves. I love Gothic Victorian. Build/Buy is amazing.
    I'm hoping they add Witches and Werewolves to compete for the top spot on my list. ;)

Parenthood is a very very close second. This also helped change game play for me. Now I really enjoy family play and can appreciate the different life stages.
    Toddlers are also the best in this iteration and Vampire toddlers are definitely my favorite!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Parenthood
    I picked Parenthood, because it made it seem like the sim parents actually cared a bit more for the kids,lol!

And of course as Anmirla said, I too prefer the toddlers in The Sims 4 to the other 2 Sims games! They are adorable now and fun to play with and to watch! Their little giggles are so cute, and I love how they look when they are running, how they wobble! Even their crying moments aren't as annoying as the other two!

One funny thing happen for me with one of my families recently, they had twin boys, both were Angelic, but one was really good and cute, while the other the moment he became a toddler started making a mess right where he was when he turned, and continued to do this even after being scolded more then once, first in a calm manner and then later more harsh, since being calm didn't work,lol, but neither did the stricter one,lol!

But this way I made one boy the good boy and the other the bad boy, a more rebellious kid!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Vampires
    It's between the Parenthood & Vampires. I choose Vampires because, it's well made in comparison to the predecessor.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    jadevkjadevk Posts: 18 Member
    Dine Out
    I LOVE restaurants! I like to simwatch and see who couples up on dates. It's the little things for me :D
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Parenthood
    I love the Vampires build/buy but I get the most enjoyment out of playing with Parenthood features.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Parenthood
    This was a hard one for me as I really enjoy all of the game packs but I'm going to be a little bias here as I am a family player and say Parenthood lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,885 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires easily wins my vote, with Jungle Adventure on a close second. Outdoor Retreat is third. Not sure where Parenthood is on the list, its a toss-up. I don't really play families any differently than before. I age kids up quick no matter what, just don't think they are very interesting to play.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Dine Out
    I still think vampires is the most well-made one, but I'm getting a little bored with vampire content at the moment so I'll say Dine Out. It's ridiculously buggy but I still really enjoy restaurant gameplay.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    QlioQlio Posts: 1 New Member
    Parenthood
    I love parenthood
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood adds the most to the game.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa Day has the most use for me, followed by Dine Out. Then it'd be OR, JA, Parenthood and Vampires last, as I only use it for the build/buy.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Vampires
    Ah yes, Parenthood vs. Vampires; the race for best game pack continues!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    Parenthood
    You have more interaction with children and it's fun to play.
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    honeybrainedhoneybrained Posts: 20 Member
    Parenthood
    i love the build/buy items from vampires but parenthood adds so much more to the game.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    Parenthood
    I think Parenthood adds the most re-playability to the game. With that said, I'm loving Jungle Adventure right now since my broke sim just found a gold plate that's worth 8,000 simoleons. Looks like she's moving to a new house soon. :)
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2018
    Vampires
    Ah yes, Parenthood vs. Vampires; the race for best game pack continues!

So true.
    Still loving Vampires more than every other game pack. Until a new occult comes out maybe. :p

Here my ranking
    1: Vampires
    2: Jungle Adventure
    3: Dine Out
    4: Parenthood
    5: Outdoor Retreat
    6: Spa Day

If anyone asking why parenthood is so low on my ranking well. :o
    It has turning my family play more complicated than before; by making sim toddlers and kids in constantly mess making slobs. Even after I constantly lectured them for that. Plus the obsession with the doll house and kids tv, got out of hand with parendhood.
    But still, I'm really liking the bb and cas of it.
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Dine Out
    Dinning Out because it is the only real Social thing that the Sims in Sims 4 can do. The rest is just fluff.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Parenthood
    My favorite GP definitely is Parenthood because I love playing legacy and dynasty challenges creating large families and it just compliments my playstyle perfectly. Plus, it added a lot of the family play that I personally felt was missing from TS4. :)
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Vampires
    Sure, Parenthood is nice, very good when I'm actually playing a family with children in it, but I don't really like playing a family when the rest of the world doesn't evolve along with them, even when the aging is turned on... we don't have real story progression and I miss that. Kinda tired of having to deal with MCCC every time a new patch drops.

Vampires, though?? Vampires.
    Never thought I'd like them as much as I do now, and I can only blame this pack. It made me realize how diverse they could really be. It inspired me to create some of my favorite characters as of right now. See, I draw, and I have drawn my bat kids way more times than I can count at this point.

It's that good. Absolute #1 in my case.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Dine Out
    Parenthood is great, and I am sure that I use a ton of stuff and features from that pack, but I think I use Dine Out the most. My sims seem to always be invited out to eat somewhere, and I really enjoy the restaurant experience.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood has more character building features which is something I really like.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is awesome. I love the objects, CAS and interactions that the pack provides. It gives a bit more to the sense of family in the game and child or teens personal development feels enriched.

Jungle Adventure is an amazing destination pack. I love the varied temple every time and the game is aesthetically pleasing. The little community lots (which I've edited for my own preference) are also amazing to meet new locals and perhaps begin a holiday romance. I feel Jungle Adventure in polls like these haha. It seems second or third on many people's list but not often first so it's popular but people don't vote for it lol.

Vampires I don't use too much in my game style but the pack is really well done. The dark form CAS stuff, including facial features, is excellent and the options to give different powers is cool. I wish the lot traits worked better i.e. Vampire Nexus doesn't seem to attract Vampires, and ability to ask to see dark form or make it part of a club outfit would be nice too.

Dine Out is excelllent with lots of restaurant choice and excellent build objects. BUT.., meals take far too long. 10 to 15 hours for one meal is an ordeal.

Spa Day I really enjoy and the spa objects are great. The constatnt need to wear a towel can be a little irritating and my Sims don't exactly live at the spa i.e. visit all the time haha. It also provides some create build objects, wallpapers and flooring for home bathrooms.

Outdoor Retreat is lovely but feels a little empty by comparison. There isn't a huge amount to do in the forest but I do enjoy it for a couple of sims days. If that's the style of sim you like playing (outdoorsy), this will be perfect.