Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone find they never change character style? ;D

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    I just now started playing on long life. I realized I was getting bored just “going through the motions” of a normal life span, because I didn’t have time to really create my sims life before they got old and died. Now... I’ve become really attached to my sims, which is a bummer cause they are also going to get old and die, but now it’s way more fulfilling.

I tend to always play athletes which I’m trying to pull myself away from. I also always end up playing a culinary career track. I’ve literally had to tell myself not to.

I still haven’t tried a lot of the negative traits, or negative ambitions. Idk why, I just don’t like playing those kind of sims. It’s not fun to me. I also don’t like the go to work with them jobs, so those jobs aren’t my favorite either.

I’ve thought about maybe doing a business soon, but I have to have the right sim to start that story. Literally just had a sim live in an apartment for the first time.

My game play has been very repetitive. I’m just now learning to explore. Lol.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I am really big on artistic and creative aspirations this leading to painting careers. I also do family aspirations a lot. Trying to break the mold with some more outgoing folks!
  • Options
    I always do gardening and make my millions with Dragonfruit. I wanted to pull away from that, but then Seasons came along and gave us a gardening career AND flower arranging. So I still give every Sim family a garden.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I used to be very much like this, but I started using random generators and doing challenges with random aspects (such as the Random Challenge and the Not-So-Berry Challenge) to force myself into other modes of play and other character types. Now I have much more fun and play more often, using aspirations and traits and looks that I would never choose on my own.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    I think my experience has been a lot like @simwolf I used to play the same style Sims a lot, and I think Culinary and Painting where my careers and aspirations to go
    But now I've been playing a lot of challenges and that has helped me to explore new things :D the Random Legacy Challenge is great for this, but the Drifter Challenge also get you to experiment a lot