Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone find they never change character style? ;D

Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
I always find I make a new sims game with the complete intention for a different kind of character and always end up going down the Musician or Painting career :joy: I used to use body building/athletics or Parenthood one.
What paths do you find yourself going down? :joy:
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014
Post edited by Leahmiller2006 on

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited September 2018
    I do that too, mine are always the wealth and family ones. I’ve been forcing myself out of my usual play style recently, and am really enjoying it. Right now I’m playing Vampires and I’m starting to use the mischief and romantic aspirations a bit more. I do hope we get more choices in the future, it keeps the game interesting.

Edit: just realized you meant career choices. I tend to always end up with writers, and tech/social media, I like my Sims to have more free time.
  • Options
    RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member
    I notice I am a sucker for vests, boots, wedges, necklaces,earrings and bracelets. Why? Because the world really do not have sims who have accessories so I like for them to stand out.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I do that too, mine are always the wealth and family ones. I’ve been forcing myself out of my usual play style recently, and am really enjoying it. Right now I’m playing Vampires and I’m starting to use the mischief and romantic aspirations a bit more. I do hope we get more choices in the future, it keeps the game interesting.

Edit: just realized you meant career choices. I tend to always end up with writers, and tech/social media, I like my Sims to have more free time.

:joy: I've been trying the romantic one as well, actually growing to love it.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Hm, I had to give it a thought. Don't quite see that I repeat myself too badly though. I love playing all kinds of households (rotationally), and I try to use as many different careers and lifestyles as I can. But there is one thing that I'm bad at, almost related to topic - I hardly adjust any sim's appearance. Some sims will use their teen clothes for the rest of their lives, LOL. Ok, if some outfit is very teen'ish I might adjust it, but YA, A and E will mostly use the same clothes all along. Bad me!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I'm really big on the Business career. I like that its a job where the sims are going to work in a business suit and it makes them more professional if I'm going for that type of gameplay. I wish for a lawyer career so bad. If I do a rags to riches sort of thing, painting career is my go-to.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    But there is one thing that I'm bad at, almost related to topic - I hardly adjust any sim's appearance. Some sims will use their teen clothes for the rest of their lives, LOL. Ok, if some outfit is very teen'ish I might adjust it, but YA, A and E will mostly use the same clothes all along. Bad me!
    I do the same thing, especially for Sims I don’t play that often.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yeah.. its because there aren't enough traits and careers. Now with some new open careers it got better though, but we had to wait such a long time to some new careers while i think they are pretty easy to add since they arent requiring new animations.
    About the traits.. they are just sad. We almost never get any new ones and if we do, its like 1 crazy one that you would almost never get to use.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Hm, I had to give it a thought. Don't quite see that I repeat myself too badly though. I love playing all kinds of households (rotationally), and I try to use as many different careers and lifestyles as I can. But there is one thing that I'm bad at, almost related to topic - I hardly adjust any sim's appearance. Some sims will use their teen clothes for the rest of their lives, LOL. Ok, if some outfit is very teen'ish I might adjust it, but YA, A and E will mostly use the same clothes all along. Bad me!

Im bad for that! I will made a young lady and a young man who look 'trendy' then they have kids and the kids become teens and you can't tell them apart!! :joy::joy:

• Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I'm really big on the Business career. I like that its a job where the sims are going to work in a business suit and it makes them more professional if I'm going for that type of gameplay. I wish for a lawyer career so bad. If I do a rags to riches sort of thing, painting career is my go-to.

Same here, if I have a family all ready created I get them in business because of it looking professional but if I go from scratch Painting all the way ;D

• Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    shout out to my 40957983 musician sims.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Writers and Painters, or Scientists and Tech sims seem to be the majority of my sims. I do sometimes deviate if I want a change or I want to create a certain type of house; for example I recently bought fitness stuff and loving the Rock Wall so gonna build a fitness based lot for an Athletic sim. He'll still probably turn into a writer. lol. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I use money cheats - they are all rich and don't have to work :wink: I am trying some other careers now though. I have a doctor and police chief, might try a scientist.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    I make a ton of rich, snobby archetypes because it's easy to define that kind of character with the traits available. Along with nasty sims, I think those types feel the most "alive" in the game.
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I like Virtuoso sims and I think a third of my sims have that trait and aspiration, because I like the songs that can be played on the guitar.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I generally push to play a wide variety of the career styles, BUT I've generally avoided career paths that take the most out of my sim's time, like bodybuilders and journalists.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't know how to click on other careers because almost all of my sims are criminals and detectives :sob:
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I always make variations of myself. I have the sim version of me (like all my best qualities of myself but better and better looking), a realistic version of me, a vampire version of me, a Swedish version of me, etc...

The names are all versions of my real name but altered to fit the version I am, like the vampire me is named a mix of my real name and keifer southerland...

But they all end up as the creative type. Cooking, painting, gardening, and exploring the scientific things.
  • Options
    I do creative jobs a lot, I’m trying now to do jobs I haven’t done before or not over and over. I also like doing challenges to take me out of my comfort zone. I also usually pick the same aspirations because they’re aren’t that many to pic from.
  • Options
    zefron wrote: »
    shout out to my 40957983 musician sims.

:joy::joy::joy:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    verlainem wrote: »
    I use money cheats - they are all rich and don't have to work :wink: I am trying some other careers now though. I have a doctor and police chief, might try a scientist.

:joy::joy: I started like that to

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I usually try to create a different sim. Sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it fails.
    I usually want to create serious sims and family sims.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Well all the sims I play are strange, the current one was in the cemetery playing with ghost pets at 4 am last night.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I always play family style.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Each generation usually has a different 'bent', and I usually have plans for the child before they become teens. In my current save, my second generation was a painter (got a masterpiece cat painting for the nursery/kids room), the next was handy (upgraded everything in the house. My fourth generation was sporty, and her daughter will be a brilliant scientist. Clothes and traits are chosen to complement a particular Sim's theme.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Either creative (writer or painter) or tech Sims most of the time. I like to start with the painting aspiration because when you complete it, you can not just paint any of the emotional paintings, you can also write any of the emotional books at any time when you get up to the appropriate writing level. Sometimes I like my Sims to write romances without being flirty or workout guides without being energized. The Curator aspiration is also a favorite of mine for my geek teens because they can sell collectibles to the Simsonian and make extra Simoleons.

I'm trying to expand my gameplay -- I have a teen in my current household I gave the Mean trait as a child, and he's trying to make as many townies hate him as possible (he's got the Public Enemy aspiration and will be going into the Criminal career). I don't like playing mean Sims that much but I want to try and complete as many careers as possible (both tracks) with my current semi-legacy. I'm also trying to finish all the collections -- I've got about half of them done so far.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)