Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are twins hereditary in sims?

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
I'm starting the 5th generation of a family. The first generation, she gave birth to twins, boy and girl. Gen 2 (the girl) had a single baby (Boy). His wife (Gen 3) gave birth to twins (boy and girl). The twin girl (Gen 4) gave birth to two singles, a girl then a boy. Her twin brother's wife gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl.

It is seeming to skip a generation. If my current sim (gen 5) gives birth to twins, especially a girl and a boy, I'll be in awe. It just seems rather too large to be coincidental. Anyone else seeming to have hereditary twins?

Edit in picture of family tree :

F6q7OlL.png
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Personally, I feel like it is hereditary. I had a sim marry a woman who had a twin sister. She gave birth to twins. Those twins grew up and only one of them got involved in a relationship with single NPC with no relatives. That woman gave birth to twins, too. That set of twins hasn't hit maturity yet in my game, so I don't know if the pattern will continue. But so far, that's three generations of twins.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’ve never had twins on my own in the game. It’s so frustrating lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Have a set of twins in my household of 4 kids. Will see if they also will have a twin or not. I had the exact same situation in TS3. A household of 4 kids, oldest was a girl, followed by a boy and then a set of boy/girl twins... hmm. Maybe it is more my personal destiny of playing sims generations :D
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Well since it’s fraternal twins, like in real life, fraternal twins are actually hereditary. Identical twins are not.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It doesn't seem to be in my game. In fact, multiples are quite rare in my saves all-together. I've had 2 sets of twins in my game total (across all saves) since I started playing in 2014 or 2015. Don't know exactly when I started playing but it was a month or two after the game launched.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I know it was in Sims 2, but I have no idea if it actually is in TS4 or not.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Well since it’s fraternal twins, like in real life, fraternal twins are actually hereditary. Identical twins are not.

Whooaa! Cool info! This actually explains a lot. The story I described is all fraternal twins. I have one other set of twins who were identical and the one who got married had only one baby so far, bur it was a single baby! That would be a really cool attention to detail if they programmed it that fact in mind!
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »

I am a fraternal twin and I can attest to that. Twins skip generations in my family. My grandma is a twin then I am a twin. Very likely either my children or my brothers children will give birth to twins! It would be SO cool if Sims was like real life. Ive never been lucky to have multiples yet in the Sims but I am trying!
  • Options
    tayahjessieetayahjessiee Posts: 20 Member
    I feel as though it probably is hereditary because quite a while back I had a game in which my sim had twins, and then on of them had twins, and then one of their twins had twins. It was only ever one of the twins that would have twins, however I found it to be consistent with each generation. Haven't actually had another set of twins since, so unable to tell if it was just something with that save or not.
    "They say it don't be like it be, but it do"
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2018
    In real life, I believe twins skip a generation. No clue if they do in the Sims or not.

Luna Villareal in my game birthed 2 sets of twins though with different men. That was pretty interesting.
  • Options
    Metzfits84Metzfits84 Posts: 90 Member
    My first sim, Lucy, had 6 kids, ALL twins, I had to start a new game before I lost my mind lol Looking after kids at different ages was a nightmare so after the first pair of twins, Charlie and Benjamin aged up to children, I skipped most of the toddler stages for Jack, Roxy, Patty and Tomas. Because Roxy and Jack just loved having temper tantrums and starving themselves, wee pests lol My new sim, Luna Moonman, (yes, I've based her on Luna from Harry Potter lol), is, atm, a crazy cat lady. She has 4 cats, Mirrin (mum), Halo (dad), Neo (boy/kitten) and Rascal (boy/kitten). I still play with Lucy and her mad house of kids though. So if any of Lucy's kids have kids, they'll probably have twins lol
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm not sure if it's programmed to be hereditary, but I have one save file that loves twins. It was my first S4 save file in fact, and my first ever birth in the game. The couple ended up with twins for both pregnancies, then one of their twins himself had his own twins.

I think it might just be my game though, because I get twins more often without any intervention from me.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Interesting. Well, Gen 5 gave birth to a single, so the twin-skipping-a-gen is not a thing in my save, now, though it certainly was. I still really think it might be hereditary. Cause that was just too many twins to not be.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I think it could be! Or maybe the game just likes spontaneously giving families twins like no tomorrow after giving them a set. :/

My first set of triplets were two girls and a boy; The two girls could pass as twins since they rolled the exact same things from their parents.

They both got married to some guy, and both had twins with their guys--But they were fraternal. The first pair from the eldest were girls, and the second pair from my middle child was a boy and a girl.
    Second pair's girl got married and had a pair of boy/girl twins as well.

Their brother had only one daughter and she hates kids lmao RIP :sob:

Those were my longest chain of consecutive multiples, and the current twins I'm waiting on are still kids. Most of the time I have single births on the families I play versus townies, which seem to really love having twins or triplets.
  • Options
    tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    It hereditary, there is bigger percent for twins. If it doesn't happen with your kids, it'll probably happen with your grand kids.
  • Options
    officialbjpofficialbjp Posts: 1 New Member
    I had a Sim who gave birth to a set of triplets and 3 sets of twins, and one single only because there were already 7 people in the house. None of her kids have had twins so far though. I have no idea why this happened lol