Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will GP07 Summer Vacation and EP06 University be the next packs ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Yes, but remember that many Devs were fired, and as far as I know, Only Kate was hired. So smaller team.
    People are being pulled from the Stuffpack team to be able to continue the EPs. Until I am proven wrong, I will assume that development time for all packs will now be longer because there are less people working with less resources and have to reach the same level of quantity and quality the packs already have had so far.

Grant said Fall Quarter will be busy. They didn't fire that many developers. There are more then most people think it is. The only one that most people know about was Daniel that was let go.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member
    I changed my mind I think the next GP is witches or some supernatural pack since we haven't got a supernatural pack more than a year and we already got a jungle vacation destination world this year
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Yes, but remember that many Devs were fired, and as far as I know, Only Kate was hired. So smaller team.
    People are being pulled from the Stuffpack team to be able to continue the EPs. Until I am proven wrong, I will assume that development time for all packs will now be longer because there are less people working with less resources and have to reach the same level of quantity and quality the packs already have had so far.

Grant said Fall Quarter will be busy. They didn't fire that many developers. There are more then most people think it is. The only one that most people know about was Daniel that was let go.

Busy could also mean multiple UI changes and one free Update with a chair and an Outfit. After Rachel Franklyn told us that 3 is more than 5, I'm not believing what the Sim Gurus say until I see it myself. I am waiting for Witches. Witches, Werewolves, and Mermaids are the only things I am still waiting to be released in this game.
    Witches are probably going to be next year. Mermaids perhaps a bit after, and since Werewolves were so low on the ranking in the twitter poll, I wouldn't be surprised if they won't return at all.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    graventhe wrote: »
    I changed my mind I think the next GP is witches or some supernatural pack since we haven't got a supernatural pack more than a year and we already got a jungle vacation destination world this year

true buts there is a lot of other themes still not come to game packs
    holidays and supernaturals are only two
    we could get somethings completely new
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I'm wanting something beach-related or something to do with magic and witches.

If we get University, I hope it's interesting. (University never did for me in the past.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited September 2018
    Well we know witches isn't coming in October.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    There! You see?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

Or is he refusing to confirm? It could be a nope to confirming whether or not they're coming.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm more interested in improving education for children and teens (especially teens) than I am in University at this point. I'd love to see homeschooling or some sort of "study from home" activities similar to the CL "work from home" careers. I've been using some mods that add work from home options to some of the base game careers and they've really breathed new life into the old content. I'd also like to see customizable schools based on an adaption of the club system -- you pick a specialization, select teen Sims with similar interests and a YA+ to act as the "teacher", and select the activities. If you have Dine Out, your teens can learn to cook on Chef Station, or if you have GTW maybe they can program the serum maker and invention constructor to be used by science students, not just scientists.

I don't think we'll get another vacation destination this soon after Jungle Adventure. As for the next EP, since the most recent two have been basically repeats of old favorites (Pets and Seasons) I think the next EP is going to be something that no one's expecting.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

But I've been seeing some new names on Twitter, and more than just for Sims Mobile or Console. @SimGuruMrE for example said that he worked on the Parenthood "monster under the bed" feature. Maybe the firings, or layoffs, weren't as widespread as rumored, and some longtime employees may have been promoted to "SimGuru" status meaning that they're more of a public face of the developers. So it might not be smaller teams but a change in focus. And maybe they're outsourcing a bit more of the work like the object design, then the devs take the finished product and add in the animations/interactions, so the devs who were responsible for design were among the ones let go.

They could be reviewing the strategy going forward for the Stuff Packs after the poor reception of My First Pet. I've been playing with it a bit and it's not really that bad -- if many of the objects hadn't been so obviously derivative from Cats & Dogs, or required C&D for full access, it's actually not that bad of a pack. The rodent creatures are actually kind of cute, and there are some fun interactions. For example, did you know that children can Study Rodent and that counts as doing their homework for the day? That's a prety cool feature.

As for @SimGuruKate, IIRC she was working in another capacity at EA and made a transfer to work as the Community Manager aka Chief Cat=Herder. B) So it's not like she was hired from outside EA to take the job...I think when it comes to the Sims it's better to have people who are at least familiar with the franchise and can understand how some of us can get pretty passionate about our electronic dolls and dollhouses. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,341 Member
    Yes, but I say this with no evidence and purely based on hope, lol! :D
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018

I hope EA bring a romance game pack like hot dates.
    and a generations pack as the next EP pack.
    romance, and then stuff for the whole family.
    newborns,
    baby baths/changer/dresser/strollers.

toddlers,
    new bedroom content, more family interactions, proper day care/work as day care for newborns/toddlers.

kids
    more group activity just for kids, a child toy oven, costumes, tree house, bikes, skateboard, kids pool items. more interactions.

teens
    teen related buy mode and clothing, prom, school activity's, school sports, including baseball and cheerleaders, teen party's, teen romance. high school graduation, private school.

young adults/adults, midlife crises, more family interactions and activities.

elders
    walking sticks, bingo, feeding the birds/ducks, family interactions, pottery, sawing machine, knitting baby/toddler clothing, winter wear and stuffed animals.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That says witches aren't coming for Halloween 2018. The normal schedule is November before Black Friday, so that sounds accurate to me.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I hope EA bring a romance game pack like hot dates.
    and a generations pack as the next EP pack.
    romance, and then stuff for the whole family.
    newborns,
    baby baths/changer/dresser/strollers.

toddlers,
    new bedroom content, more family interactions, proper day care/work as day care for newborns/toddlers.

kids
    more group activity just for kids, a child toy oven, costumes, tree house, bikes, skateboard, kids poll items. more interactions.

teens
    teen related buy mode and clothing, prom, school activity's, school sports, including baseball and cheerleaders, teen party's, teen romance. high school graduation, private school.

young adults/adults, midlife crises, more family interactions and activities.

elders
    walking sticks, bingo, feeding the birds/ducks, family interactions, pottery, sawing machine, knitting baby/toddler clothing, winter wear and stuffed animals.

Yes to all of those things.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

But I've been seeing some new names on Twitter, and more than just for Sims Mobile or Console. @SimGuruMrE for example said that he worked on the Parenthood "monster under the bed" feature. Maybe the firings, or layoffs, weren't as widespread as rumored, and some longtime employees may have been promoted to "SimGuru" status meaning that they're more of a public face of the developers. So it might not be smaller teams but a change in focus. And maybe they're outsourcing a bit more of the work like the object design, then the devs take the finished product and add in the animations/interactions, so the devs who were responsible for design were among the ones let go.

They could be reviewing the strategy going forward for the Stuff Packs after the poor reception of My First Pet. I've been playing with it a bit and it's not really that bad -- if many of the objects hadn't been so obviously derivative from Cats & Dogs, or required C&D for full access, it's actually not that bad of a pack. The rodent creatures are actually kind of cute, and there are some fun interactions. For example, did you know that children can Study Rodent and that counts as doing their homework for the day? That's a prety cool feature.

As for @SimGuruKate, IIRC she was working in another capacity at EA and made a transfer to work as the Community Manager aka Chief Cat=Herder. B) So it's not like she was hired from outside EA to take the job...I think when it comes to the Sims it's better to have people who are at least familiar with the franchise and can understand how some of us can get pretty passionate about our electronic dolls and dollhouses. :D

So no one was hired, they just fired a bunch of people and shifted some staff arround?
    Because that is what I am reading out of your post.

Also, I stopped taking the Gurus by their word after Rachel Franklyn tried to tell us that 3 is more than 5.