Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Returning Worlds (TS4/TS5)

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Couldn't agree more.. we need more Worlds!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    My favorite was Beach City by Rflong7.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I feel like we will get more worlds, but I'm not sure about old ones, being Sims 4 is a new continuum. Still, they do mention them, such as in the "joke about Sunset Valley" interaction. But as hardly any sims 2 worlds made it in sims 3, I don't think so.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    Toz91 wrote: »
    I feel like we will get more worlds, but I'm not sure about old ones, being Sims 4 is a new continuum. Still, they do mention them, such as in the "joke about Sunset Valley" interaction. But as hardly any sims 2 worlds made it in sims 3, I don't think so.

@Toz91 Sims 3 worlds had only Sims 2 citizens, not the actual neighborhoods. I think thats what everyone is asking, to see the neighborhoods and their inhabitants, nothing more and nothing less. haha
    Post edited by Karon on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2018
    Karon wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »
    They could easily recreate Neighborhood 1 from the Sims 1 which later became Pleasantview.

I would like plesentview more than old town.

not with the sims 4, just too small hoods.

@marcel21 Sims 4 worlds are divided in more than neighborhood, maybe they can make a big world including both Neighborhood 01 and Pleasantview, but the world would be named like "Simsville" (in homage to the never released game with the same name).
    They could make an exception to make a big world.

both the sims 2 the sims 3 both had so much space with both already placed lots, space to place even more lots. with the sims 4 its more like 3/4 hoods to get the same amount of space of either pleasantview/sunset valley

one of the worst parts of this game is not only because of it not being a open world or the lack of editing any part of the world off lots ,is its lack of space for lots.

the sims 1 and the sims 4 both have the least lots per world.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

Too bad that's not a Maxis world. I would have jumped on the bandwagon right along with you. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

Too bad that's not a Maxis world. I would have jumped on the bandwagon right along with you. ;)

Rflong7 world's are really unique, i hope they get back if the devs release a Sims 4 CAW.
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I absolutely adored that french village in ts3...I would love something like that
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Rflong7 world's are really unique, i hope they get back if the devs release a Sims 4 CAW.

For sure. :) Rflong7 is a truly gifted world creator.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options

For sure. :) Rflong7 is a truly gifted world creator.

Have you seen the "new maps" mod for Sims 4? They are so gorgeous... Imagine what the cc creators could do if we have a CAW one day...
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Monte Vista
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__monte_vista_by_filipesims-dapdgex.jpg
    I could live with that.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited September 2018
    I would love to see Veronaville and Strangetown.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018

we would need a proper world first!

and yes Rflong7 to me is one of the best ever world creators for the sims 3. I especially love the all packs onces <3B)

• Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    Monte Vista
    I could live with that.

God I couldn't.
    17 lots :#
    it had so much more in the sims 3.
    I want at least half the pie, not a thin slice :/

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Monte Vista
    I could live with that.

God I couldn't.
    17 lots :#
    it had so much more in the sims 3.
    I want at least half the pie, not a thin slice :/

It's only a game TS4. They're not going to make maps with 40+ lots. They won't even make them with 20+
    TS4 was always going to be a lite version of the franchise, never to be like the lofty heavy TS3
    We've just gotta hope that TS5 will have all the cool stuff we liked form other versions, cos TS4 won't.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don’t, I love new themes so I wouldn’t need another world with the same theme I already played sims lives in.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There where more lots in Sunset Valley that both the TS4 base game (pre patched) worlds combined.

Do you think that TS4 would ever make worlds that big? It has bee four years now and no sign of trying to get ahead of anything TS3 ever done despite the 'stronger base' and all...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Monte Vista
    I could live with that.

I couldn't :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MalinhuahuaMalinhuahua Posts: 2 New Member
    Everyone talks about wanting the next expansion pack to focus on university or magic, I just want the next one to focus on really expanding neighborhoods and the building aspects of the games. An expansion pack that offers zero real changes in game play (save for a nice 2x2 and 1x1 microscope) but gives us larger neighborhoods with plenty of lot size options and greater focus on developing build mode would all make the Sims 4 so much more enjoyable for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Well guys, maybe not in The SIms 4, but we could have the worlds returning in SIsm 5. And that doesnt mean that we will never have newer themes/worlds to explore, they could release new worlds + older worlds, and i dont see why.]
    Look at this:
    ville_d_amore__ts4_community_worlds_project__by_hazzaplumbob-dazv2s1.png

Those who love the older worlds, also love new world that have new themes going on. I just miss the previous worlds so much...
    And, also, would be really cool to see The SIms 1 Old Town in the 2020s graphics...
  • Options
    The Sims franchise should embrace the old and the new. It should show respect for the previous games many of us had happy gaming ours, but should also give newer things for newer happy gameplay hours.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Karon wrote: »
    Oh, and... look at these:

Pleasantview
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__belavista___pleasantview_by_filipesims-dan5qeg.jpg

Strangetown
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__estranhpolis___strangetown_by_filipesims-dan5qmp.jpg

Veronaville
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__vila_verona___veronaville_by_filipesims-dan5qxt.jpg

Belladonna Cove
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__belladonna_cove_by_filipesims-dapp53m.jpg

Riverblossom Hills
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__riverblossom_hills_by_filipesims-daoub4z.jpg

Magic Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

Studio Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__studio_town_by_filipesims-daoub4b.jpg

Old Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_velha___old_town_by_filipesims-danbv5o.jpg

Vacation Island
    15b_by_filipesims-dao5pqh.jpg

Twikkii Island
    sims_4_fanmade_map__twikkii_island_by_filipesims-dao5psg.jpg

Takemizu Village
    sims_4_fanmade_map__takemizu_village_by_filipesims-dao5r08.jpg

Bridgeport
    sims_4_fanmade_map__bridgeport_by_filipesims-dan5qvm.jpg

Sunset Valley
    sims_4_fanmade_map__sunset_valley_by_filipesims-dan5qq3.jpg

Monte Vista

There is probably more out there, but... Look how cute they would be in Sims 4. I mean, you can clearly see that some of them are not 100% the same as the originals, but i would be okay with that. It looks so amazing! I just wish that they gave more attention for us, older simmers... I mea... There is a brazilian youtuber phrase that descibres what i feel: "I am a FAN, i want SERVICE!". hahahaha

There’s a problem with most of these, especially Sims 2.

The issue is, most of these worlds if made in The Sims 4, would just be grass and trees maybe water. If they were to do a like-for-like remake.

What they would need to do, is add a bunch of details in between the lots to make them visually interesting. Otherwise we are talking literally flat grass with some trees scattered around.

If they do add that detail, it would basically be a new world anyway, the only thing that would remain is the name.

That’s why they probably haven’t done it. A simple remake would look boring, a remake with The Sims 4 standard would make the world unrecognisable.

They would need to probably create entire new layouts, but could maybe try to recreate the atmosphere slightly. The only one from TS2 for example where I could see some personality is Strange Town.

The rest would just look like very plain versions of Willow Creek with some grass, trees and some water in the distance.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    There where more lots in Sunset Valley that both the TS4 base game (pre patched) worlds combined.

Do you think that TS4 would ever make worlds that big? It has bee four years now and no sign of trying to get ahead of anything TS3 ever done despite the 'stronger base' and all...

That’s because all the worlds are interconnected.

When you play in Sunset Valley, you can only play in Sunset Valley. So you need all the lots you can get.

The Sims 4 has over 150 lots avalible and shows no sign of stopping.

If the Sims 3 allowed you to travel between worlds freely like 3, they wouldn’t have been so generous either. There’s only so many families a single save file can probably handle before it gets to crazy.

The Sims 3 even has to duplicate Sims when they travel on Vacation or University for the simple fact it’s too much data for Sims to have live connections between worlds. When you go on Vacation you’re playing a copy of your family, and then that copy replaces the family when you come back.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't want old worlds, I want new worlds to explore.

I know players loved the big, open worlds of S3 but, in S3, you couldn't travel to any other world, whereas in S4, you can travel to any world. So when you combine all the worlds, you have

21--Willow Creek
    21--Oasis Springs
    15--Newcrest
    4---Magnolia Promenade
    5---Forgotten Hollow
    27--Windenburg
    16--Brindleton Bay
    18--San Myshuno

!27 lots is far bigger than any world in S3 and you can have as many saves (I have 6) as you want. Space should not be a problem. Plus, every EP in the next three years should add a new world to explore and build in.