Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Returning Worlds (TS4/TS5)

I am playing TS3 alongside TS4 these days and I find myself hoping that some of the old worlds/neighborhoods will return at some point. They wouldn't have to be exact copies of the old versions - they could be re-invented, hold new features and different gameplay as well. They must be suitable for both new and returning players, of course. But I'm one of those cwazy people who really appreciates something recognizable and remembers the past fondly :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    I'd like that too, but I fear they'd be too small to be able to replicate the worlds they'd be based on. Either way I'm here for more worlds in general!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    They could easily recreate Neighborhood 1 from the Sims 1 which later became Pleasantview.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well if they were re-invented, held new features and different gameplay, they wouldn't be the same worlds, which we kind of have already. Oasis Springs is a new and improved Strangetown.

Currently, I'm working (on and off) on recreating S2 lots and households for S4. So all my original Strangetown sims will be living in Oasis Springs in their original houses but updated to S4 standards.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    That's exactly what I wanted for a long time.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well if they were re-invented, held new features and different gameplay, they wouldn't be the same worlds, which we kind of have already. Oasis Springs is a new and improved Strangetown.

And, nah, i am not satisfied with that. I want the actual Strangetown, not "just" Oasis Springs. I mean, i like OS, but... I want Strangetown like they really tried to replicate it, you know? Instead of just inspiration.
    But i would like to see those towns in different periods of time from the original verions. I want to see THESE neighborhoods in different periods of time. And by that i am not saying the thing that they made with Pleasantview/Sunset Valley/Neighborhood 01. I mean, they tried, but i never believed the "this came before that"... That doesnt happen in real world (only if your town was hit by disasters)... Not in such short period of time that a couple (Mortimer and Bella), have lived in three complete different versions of the same city. If Neighborhood 01 had deteriorated houses that showed up in the same spot in Sunset Valley, but brand new... I would believe more. I grow up in the same place i am in now, and it changed, but not in the weird way that Pleasantview/Sunset Valley/Neighborhood 01 did. haha
    But if they just remade it in the exact same way, same stories and etc... I would be okay with it too.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Karon Seeing those maps almost makes it tangible - I want to travel there with my Sims now :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Oh, and... look at these:

Pleasantview
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__belavista___pleasantview_by_filipesims-dan5qeg.jpg

Strangetown
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__estranhpolis___strangetown_by_filipesims-dan5qmp.jpg

Veronaville
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__vila_verona___veronaville_by_filipesims-dan5qxt.jpg

Belladonna Cove
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__belladonna_cove_by_filipesims-dapp53m.jpg

Riverblossom Hills
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__riverblossom_hills_by_filipesims-daoub4z.jpg

Magic Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

Studio Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__studio_town_by_filipesims-daoub4b.jpg

Old Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_velha___old_town_by_filipesims-danbv5o.jpg

Vacation Island
    15b_by_filipesims-dao5pqh.jpg

Twikkii Island
    sims_4_fanmade_map__twikkii_island_by_filipesims-dao5psg.jpg

Takemizu Village
    sims_4_fanmade_map__takemizu_village_by_filipesims-dao5r08.jpg

Bridgeport
    sims_4_fanmade_map__bridgeport_by_filipesims-dan5qvm.jpg

Sunset Valley
    sims_4_fanmade_map__sunset_valley_by_filipesims-dan5qq3.jpg

Monte Vista
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__monte_vista_by_filipesims-dapdgex.jpg

There is probably more out there, but... Look how cute they would be in Sims 4. I mean, you can clearly see that some of them are not 100% the same as the originals, but i would be okay with that. It looks so amazing! I just wish that they gave more attention for us, older simmers... I mea... There is a brazilian youtuber phrase that descibres what i feel: "I am a FAN, i want SERVICE!". hahahaha

those look amazing especially monte vista en twikii island
  • Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Karon Seeing those maps almost makes it tangible - I want to travel there with my Sims now :D

I saw in another thread a person saying that these TS1 / 2/3 worlds / neighborhoods would not work in 4 because they were not just an image that separated into multiple areas. However, I do not see why devs can not divide them into sections like the worlds of TS4. Pleasantview, for example, has a central area, an old area and a modern area.
    That Monte Vista also can be divided into 4 parts. The devs are not dumb, right?!
    There is only 1 world I want to bring back

World_TABDetails_SunlitTides.jpg

YAAAS. We need that Sunlit Tides really badly in Sims 4.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2018

I saw in another thread a person saying that these TS1 / 2/3 worlds / neighborhoods would not work in 4 because they were not just an image that separated into multiple areas. However, I do not see why devs can not divide them into sections like the worlds of TS4. Pleasantview, for example, has a central area, an old area and a modern area.
    That Monte Vista also can be divided into 4 parts. The devs are not dumb, right?!

I definitely don't think that the developers are dumb. They just have priorities that are different than the players and sometimes, hard to fathom. In any case, the creators of those maps actually designed them with sections and loading screens in mind. It's really easy to follow where the divisions should occur. I really don't see why these worlds can't be made. The issue is whether or not the developers care to do them.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

I definitely don't think that the developers are dumb. They just have priorities that are different than the players and sometimes, hard to fathom. In any case, the creators of those maps actually designed them with sections and loading screens in mind. It's really easy to follow where the divisions should occur. I really don't see why these worlds can't be made. The issue is whether or not the developers care to do them.

Sorry, i wasnt trying to offend the devs. Actually, i know that the person that said that it was impossible to recreate those worlds in Sims 4 is still active in this community. I was just referencing the fact that the SimGurus are developers that studied to be great in what they do, they can work around problems such these.
    And, yes, the problem IS whether or not the developers care to do them. Some of them are new to the sims franchise and want to leave their marks on the series, and thats completely okay. I love seeing brand new neighborhoods/worlds being created. Like, i love Babs L'Amour just like i love Bella Goth or Betty Newbie, but would be really cool if they started to interweave brand-new worlds with classical worlds. Throught my life i have learned that nostalgia is one factor that can sell stuff, that wouldnt be a problem.
    During Sims 3 lifetime, i remember the day the the series was making birthday (Not sure which year it was, but probable in the 10/15th birthday or something like that) and a cc creator released a super well done remake of sims 1 world and everybody was downloading it, even people who dont like cc like me.
  • Options

Sorry, i wasnt trying to offend the devs. Actually, i know that the person that said that it was impossible to recreate those worlds in Sims 4 is still active in this community. I was just referencing the fact that the SimGurus are developers that studied to be great in what they do, they can work around problems such these.
    And, yes, the problem IS whether or not the developers care to do them. Some of them are new to the sims franchise and want to leave their marks on the series, and thats completely okay. I love seeing brand new neighborhoods/worlds being created. Like, i love Babs L'Amour just like i love Bella Goth or Betty Newbie, but would be really cool if they started to interweave brand-new worlds with classical worlds. Throught my life i have learned that nostalgia is one factor that can sell stuff, that wouldnt be a problem.
    During Sims 3 lifetime, i remember the day the the series was making birthday (Not sure which year it was, but probable in the 10/15th birthday or something like that) and a cc creator released a super well done remake of sims 1 world and everybody was downloading it, even people who dont like cc like me.

No, no worries!

I didn't take it that you were literally calling the developers dumb. Your question seemed to be more of a commentary on the developers being treated as if they are dumb. Clearly, they aren't. So, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

I also agree that it would be nice to see some of those old worlds translated to TS4. Aside from nostalgia, I would like it to happen because those old 'hoods were chock full of lots that all belonged to a cohesive world -- as opposed to TS4's smaller worlds that don't necessarily feel...local...to each other.

It would be nice if the developers would recreate those 'hoods. However, I'm kind of holding out that they may actually make CAW. That way, EA can continue making new stuff and, perhaps, some of the world builders in the community will tackle cities from the older games.

The creators that were always so busy creating new worlds seem to have gone silent for TS4. They've been left behind. Or, so it appears. Perhaps a CAW program would bring them back because they rock. They have always pushed the envelope in ways that the developer's can't. They didn't have to operate under the same constraints.

Anyway, I went off on a tangent there. But that's my wistful thought for the day.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018

No, no worries!

I didn't take it that you were literally calling the developers dumb. Your question seemed to be more of a commentary on the developers being treated as if they are dumb. Clearly, they aren't. So, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

I also agree that it would be nice to see some of those old worlds translated to TS4. Aside from nostalgia, I would like it to happen because those old 'hoods were chock full of lots that all belonged to a cohesive world -- as opposed to TS4's smaller worlds that don't necessarily feel...local...to each other.

It would be nice if the developers would recreate those 'hoods. However, I'm kind of holding out that they may actually make CAW. That way, EA can continue making new stuff and, perhaps, some of the world builders in the community will tackle cities from the older games.

The creators that were always so busy creating new worlds seem to have gone silent for TS4. They've been left behind. Or, so it appears. Perhaps a CAW program would bring them back because they rock. They have always pushed the envelope in ways that the developer's can't. They didn't have to operate under the same constraints.

Anyway, I went off on a tangent there. But that's my wistful thought for the day.

Oh, its ok. I was just worried that people could misunderstand what i was trying to point.
    And, hm, I do not know if I agree with you. While some worlds created by modders for The Sims 3 like Saaqartoq (inspired by Greenland) or Setra (inspired by Egypt) were well unique and detailed, most of the worlds did not look anything different from what we already had in the game.
    I want CAW more by wanting a bigger variety of lots than by custom worlds. Like, I wasnt excited about Magnolia Promenade or Newcrest when it was released cuz it just looks like something that should be part of Willow Creek, i was just happy to have more space to play with. Lets take Forgotten Hollow as an example. It is small, but i was just as happy cuz it had a entirely different setting and feel to it. If they had took their time to create a big sized world (like NC) with a unique aspect (like FH) i would end up thrice as happy as i got with those two separate worlds.
    In Sims 3 we had the same problem in the beginning. Riverview, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs dont look so different from Sunset Valley. Maybe the grass was a little less green or more green, but does never satisfied me.
    But then they learned how they should have been doing that. We had oasis inspired Lucky Palms, the beautiful island of Sunlit Tides (that looked different form both Isla Paradiso and Barnacle Bay), the italian inspired Monet Vista, the icelandic themed Aurora Skies and much more after that. Those TS3 store worlds (and later EP worlds) were not only beautiful but they were also unique. They had objects and decorations of their own that no modder could generate by itself. From rabbit holes, plants and decorations to unique architectures.
    I would love it if they went back to selling worlds just as much as i would love CAW.
    I am really hoping if they release just CAW, that the cc creators start being more creative also.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Part of the problem is that a lot of those worlds were from an expansion pack. But Sunlit Tides, Roaring Heights, Monte Vista were WONDERFUL additions to Sims3.

Hmmm.... I would def buy World Packs. A new neighborhood, with some new build/buy items, clothing, pre-made sims. I might even not mind no new gameplay, as long as it seemed like a complete new world.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Heck, I'd spend §9.99 on Strangetown, Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, etc..
  • Options
    everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2018
    The only thing I want broke back is swimmable oceans and possibly boats and mermaids. And all nautical related things. Please and thank you.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Oh, and... look at these:

Pleasantview
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__belavista___pleasantview_by_filipesims-dan5qeg.jpg

Strangetown
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__estranhpolis___strangetown_by_filipesims-dan5qmp.jpg

Veronaville
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__vila_verona___veronaville_by_filipesims-dan5qxt.jpg

Belladonna Cove
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__belladonna_cove_by_filipesims-dapp53m.jpg

Riverblossom Hills
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__riverblossom_hills_by_filipesims-daoub4z.jpg

Magic Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg

Studio Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__studio_town_by_filipesims-daoub4b.jpg

Old Town
    sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_velha___old_town_by_filipesims-danbv5o.jpg

Vacation Island
    15b_by_filipesims-dao5pqh.jpg

Twikkii Island
    sims_4_fanmade_map__twikkii_island_by_filipesims-dao5psg.jpg

Takemizu Village
    sims_4_fanmade_map__takemizu_village_by_filipesims-dao5r08.jpg

Bridgeport
    sims_4_fanmade_map__bridgeport_by_filipesims-dan5qvm.jpg

Sunset Valley
    sims_4_fanmade_map__sunset_valley_by_filipesims-dan5qq3.jpg

Monte Vista
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__monte_vista_by_filipesims-dapdgex.jpg

There is probably more out there, but... Look how cute they would be in Sims 4. I mean, you can clearly see that some of them are not 100% the same as the originals, but i would be okay with that. It looks so amazing! I just wish that they gave more attention for us, older simmers... I mea... There is a brazilian youtuber phrase that descibres what i feel: "I am a FAN, i want SERVICE!". hahahaha

Those are amazing and I agree, the nostalgia is so incredible. I would love to have these and you're right, I am a FAN and that's why I keep playing. Been playing since the beginning and always hope for some of the things that make it what it has become.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options

Oh, its ok. I was just worried that people could misunderstand what i was trying to point.
    And, hm, I do not know if I agree with you. While some worlds created by modders for The Sims 3 like Saaqartoq (inspired by Greenland) or Setra (inspired by Egypt) were well unique and detailed, most of the worlds did not look anything different from what we already had in the game.
    I want CAW more by wanting a bigger variety of lots than by custom worlds. Like, I wasnt excited about Magnolia Promenade or Newcrest when it was released cuz it just looks like something that should be part of Willow Creek, i was just happy to have more space to play with. Lets take Forgotten Hollow as an example. It is small, but i was just as happy cuz it had a entirely different setting and feel to it. If they had took their time to create a big sized world (like NC) with a unique aspect (like FH) i would end up thrice as happy as i got with those two separate worlds.
    In Sims 3 we had the same problem in the beginning. Riverview, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs dont look so different from Sunset Valley. Maybe the grass was a little less green or more green, but does never satisfied me.
    But then they learned how they should have been doing that. We had oasis inspired Lucky Palms, the beautiful island of Sunlit Tides (that looked different form both Isla Paradiso and Barnacle Bay), the italian inspired Monet Vista, the icelandic themed Aurora Skies and much more after that. Those TS3 store worlds (and later EP worlds) were not only beautiful but they were also unique. They had objects and decorations of their own that no modder could generate by itself. From rabbit holes, plants and decorations to unique architectures.
    I would love it if they went back to selling worlds just as much as i would love CAW.
    I am really hoping if they release just CAW, that the cc creators start being more creative also.

I think that I get what you're saying. Most likely, if TS4 had CAW, there might still be the same sense of 'sameness' (?) that you felt with TS3. It's harder to make a world that seems totally different when the creators are dependent on the same limited CAW elements.

EA definitely has the edge when it comes to the creation of completely new stuff. Like what they did with Brindleton Bay. That world reused some elements from the previous worlds, but it had a lot that was new as well.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options

I think that I get what you're saying. Most likely, if TS4 had CAW, there might still be the same sense of 'sameness' (?) that you felt with TS3. It's harder to make a world that seems totally different when the creators are dependent on the same limited CAW elements.

EA definitely has the edge when it comes to the creation of completely new stuff. Like what they did with Brindleton Bay. That world reused some elements from the previous worlds, but it had a lot that was new as well.

Maybe in Sims 4 the modders can convert assets from sims 3. In SIms 2 we didnt had that many assets to use in Sims 3. IDK, lets see what happens.
  • Options
    @Nindigo
    I was thinking, maybe they could add Neighborhood 1 from sims 1 as a 20yrs anniversary gift or something. That would be really cool!
  • Options

Maybe in Sims 4 the modders can convert assets from sims 3. In SIms 2 we didnt had that many assets to use in Sims 3. IDK, lets see what happens.

That would be my hope. Or even totally new stuff. Toward the end of TS3, mod creators were making all kinds of interesting assets for CAW. :)

@Nindigo
    I was thinking, maybe they could add Neighborhood 1 from sims 1 as a 20yrs anniversary gift or something. That would be really cool!

An updated version of the original Neighborhood (plus extensions ?) would be a really nice way to celebrate twenty years. So many memories. <3
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    An updated version of the original Neighborhood (plus extensions ?) would be a really nice way to celebrate twenty years. So many memories. <3

Yes. I would love to now how the neighbors are going... We dont see them since Sims 1. Only the Goths, the Newbies and the Pleasants appeared in later games. They could even add Bella's brother and Mortimers parents to the family tree... I want to see the Mashugas from "Neighborhood 2", as well as the Jones, Hatfield, Snooty Patoty... etc...
    I really wouldnt care if they had to broke it down into districts/smaller neighorhoods. I think it could even add to the nostalgia, since sims 1 released with only the small portion were the Goths and the Newbies lived!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    They could easily recreate Neighborhood 1 from the Sims 1 which later became Pleasantview.

I would like plesentview more than old town.

not with the sims 4, just too small hoods.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited August 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »

I would like plesentview more than old town.

not with the sims 4, just too small hoods.

@marcel21 Sims 4 worlds are divided in more than neighborhood, maybe they can make a big world including both Neighborhood 01 and Pleasantview, but the world would be named like "Simsville" (in homage to the never released game with the same name).
    They could make an exception to make a big world.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited August 2018
    Such a good idea. Bring back Pleasantview back!!!! Would love to see Gunter Goth because he founded Pleasantview!