Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Out! 8/16

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Love this whole patch - It is just perfect.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I've taken TONS of screenshots since the update, mine are not upside down.

Are you having trouble with build mode music and gallery music in live mode?

NO.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    lolabee wrote: »
    Screenshots aren't blurry anymore (yay!) but they do appear to be upside down (so much easier to fix though from my end!)

Your not the only one either.

Can screenshots can be fixed??????????????????? :):)

Screenshot issue is just with Macs. The Techs said they are already looking into it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can fill out my Tarantino save because of this patch. I immediately thought of this actress.
    Tracie.gif
    Not exact but closer than the other one we have in game. I'm stoked.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So so so so good!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > rosemow wrote: »
    >
    > alanmichael1 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't find the fan in the German version. The words you would expect (Ventilator, Deckenventilator) bring no results ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try looking in the miscellaneous section of decorations and it should be there.
    > It is called Dizzy Palms Ceiling Fan.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OMG thank you, you saved my life :D .
    >
    > For fellow German players:
    >
    > The name of the object is "Palmenblatt-Ventilator", but only "Palmenblatt" will lead to a search result, not "Ventilator".

Thanks, was Looking for it as well. Tried Ventilator and Deckenventilator with no result. Finally I found it with your help. :-)
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    jamesrhodejamesrhode Posts: 15 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > xxnearlyperfectx wrote: »
    >
    > Netzspannung wrote: »
    >
    > I've taken TONS of screenshots since the update, mine are not upside down.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you having trouble with build mode music and gallery music in live mode?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > NO.

Yes, I have the problem
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    jamesrhode wrote: »
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > xxnearlyperfectx wrote: »
    >
    > Netzspannung wrote: »
    >
    > I've taken TONS of screenshots since the update, mine are not upside down.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you having trouble with build mode music and gallery music in live mode?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > NO.

Yes, I have the problem

Repair the game, it has been ok for me
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah, seriously where is the ceiling fan? I’ve went through build mode items twice and I can’t find it, I’ve even tried to search it. I can’t find it anywhere....
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Yeah, seriously where is the ceiling fan? I’ve went through build mode items twice and I can’t find it, I’ve even tried to search it. I can’t find it anywhere....

Try in misc or decorations
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »

It's in Misc Decor
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    lolabee wrote: »
    Screenshots aren't blurry anymore (yay!) but they do appear to be upside down (so much easier to fix though from my end!)

pictures did expose in old school camera upside down was the way the lens filtered light maybe EA still using old 35 mm camera for ss lol
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The patch is great, I like the content & the bug fixes. I'm relieved I don't have to worry about Daniel Pleasant freezing to death when I'm playing a different family, since he seems to love to jog regardless of the weather report. I'm glad too that they have the leaf pile issue on their to do list so that it will hopefully be fixed in a future update.

One thing about the Caribbean content though. It's making me want MORE! :D I hope they have plans to make more Caribbean-themed content. I'd like a bed, more wallpapers, more decor, etc. I definitely wouldn't say no to a pack with a tropical beach world and themed content.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Just popping in to say I really like this update. I really love the leaf wallpaper, i'm going to be using it a lot. The ceiling fan is nice too. I also like the facial hair and i'm going to make use of some of the new clothing too.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Never even thought about using the new hair for a male sim.

But @Cinderellimouse did.

• Options
    KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    That baggy skirt/short thing looks really low quality though, textures look blurry compared to the crispness of the other clothes.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I love the new update and new stuff! Thanks to this thread, I finally found the ceiling fan, thank you! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I've updated my game but still didn't play it so are the ceiling fans only decoration? I thought the sims would be able to feel the breeze when you have Seasons installed...

Ceiling fans animate and also there is an option to for sims to watch the ceiling fans and watch ceiling fans together.

Those are cool options and I really liked the patch; I still hope they could "cool off" our sims though ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've updated my game but still didn't play it so are the ceiling fans only decoration? I thought the sims would be able to feel the breeze when you have Seasons installed...

Ceiling fans animate and also there is an option to for sims to watch the ceiling fans and watch ceiling fans together.

Those are cool options and I really liked the patch; I still hope they could "cool off" our sims though ;)

Quite a missed opportunity indeed.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Never even thought about using the new hair for a male sim.

But @Cinderellimouse did.

cute :)
    Love the what the patch brought! Thanks, Maxis!

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I can't find the ceiling fan, I found everything else, but the ceiling fan
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I was just playing yesterday wondering when they will put in sliding doors. How funny.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This patch was nothing to really be excited about. I still have the same bugs in my game that make it unenjoyable. Thus I still deem my game unplayable. I will just be waiting longer until they actually "fix" the game.

I think the portion of the patch that fixed the issues with toddler wrangling solved the high chair issue, at least for me -- I've been able to put a toddler in a high chair, feed her, then take her out with no one else interfering. Since I play a lot of families with toddlers, that was a pretty big fix for me.

Main fix I'm currently waiting on is the travel on holiday bug fix, but I've been able to work around it a bit. Considering Parenthood has been out for over a year, you can see that some bugs might take a while to track down and fix.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)