Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch #4 (since the release of Seasons) and major bugs are STILL being ignored!

Comments

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I’m sorry but we all need to have patience. You must think fixing a bug especially a large one is easy? None of us have any idea how hard and complicated fixing these issues can be. Most of these issues have been around since the seasons patch, which is yes only two months. They fixed a ton of issues today for a lot of people. I had multiple bugs that I was so excited to have a fix for (overlapping thought bubbles, winter townie deaths, both parents needing to interact with toddlers and causing an issue) all three of those annoying and major issues were fixed.

Many bugs you mentioned have been addressed by the gurus though and they are working on them. The freezing is a universal issue (very rare with me but does happen) and is being worked on. According to the gurus it’s a complicated issue and they are trying to fix it. The teleporting has been tweeted about which says they are aware of it and are probably working on it. They are also aware of and working on the pet queue still being an issue for a few. I believe they are also aware of the holiday and work issue. The hugging I don’t know for sure on, but that is a bit annoying isn’t it? So updates on where they are on fixing these haven’t happened but they are fixing them. We just have to wait it out until they do.

I am very sorry you still have a lot of issues. I know being patient when you want to play the game properly is hard. However, they are aware of almost all these issues from what I have seen on Twitter. They are most likely working on fixes for these issues. Of course it be nice to know when, but they are busy trying to fix the bugs and don’t always have time to update us which is understandable. Also this was a wonderful patch today and we should be grateful for what did get fixed, not what hasn’t been yet. The amount of patches coming out says they are working incredibly hard to fix bugs and issues within the game. I for one am happy when any bugs get fixed.

I would have a lot more patience if the patches we HAVE been getting didn't focus on such minor issues and new content... and if they would actually work harder on fixing the real bugs. But that's not what's happening.

I’m sorry no. You have no idea what they are working on!!! You are making a mass assumption that major things aren’t getting fixed and being worked on. Also the only MAJOR thing you mentioned is the freezing. The rest of those are annoyances not major. They fixed bugs today that may be major to some people. And all bugs are real bugs!!!! Don’t be rude because what is wrong with YOUR game wasn’t fixed. I was just trying to help.

Actually, it's not just my game that's experiencing these issues. There are A LOT of others who are experiencing these as well. So don't shout at me by saying "YOUR game" as if I'm the only person experiencing these problems.

Also, once again, the bug that causes Sims to leave school/work early IS a major bug. It's a bug that literally makes a prominent feature in 'Seasons' literally pointless. So yeah, it's kind of a big deal if it doesn't work correctly. What's the point of the calendar if it's not even going to function properly? They might as well just get rid of the option to choose whether or not Sims have the day off on certain holidays... because they'll just come home anyway.

The same goes for the other bugs I mentioned. They make the game almost impossible to fully enjoy... and (like I said several times) some bugs even make the game unplayable at all.

I'll make whatever assumption I want... especially when we've had FOUR patches since all these bugs started... and not a single one of these issues has been fixed or even addressed by the developers. At this point, I'd say it's very safe to assume that they aren't working on fixing them.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, but you aren't saying anything about freezing in winter during athletic activities outdoors! That's at least one problematic bug taken care of. Personally on my end, I've only experienced 3, 4, and 6. Third was when I was on a modded game though, so I haven't experienced it yet on unmodded; fourth has occurred here and there; sixth is variable, and it's not just at spas, it's with anything that involves switching to a towel as well, like taking showers at gyms.

If you have 'Seasons' installed, then you would be experiencing #1 as well... unless you specifically gave your Sims the day off on each holiday. Otherwise, if you choose to still send your Sims to work/school, and if another Sim (one who doesn't need to go to work/school) to a different lot, the Sims who are supposed to be working/at school will come home.

Also, I never experienced the bug where Sims would freeze indoors... so I guess that doesn't really make it a problematic bug. I mean, that's what the rest of you have been telling me, correct? You're all saying that if not everyone is experiencing the same issues, then they aren't major issues... so I guess that wasn't really a problem then (according to your logic).
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    It’s been said a million times, if they aren’t universal bugs, they often are harder to actually fix.

Sometimes it’s cause my CC/Mods, sometimes it’s cause by save files affected by CC/Mods, and sometimes it’s cause by specs.

As everyone in this thread pretty much confirmed, these aren’t issues that the majority are having so it’s going to be hard for devs to fix, especially if they can’t duplicate the issue on their end.

So you're telling me they can't duplicate #1? lol All they need to do is create a holiday in a save file... and then make sure work/school is still in session on that specific holiday. And then have at least ONE Sim who doesn't attend work/school on that day... and have them travel to a different lot. This would literally take just a few minutes (if even). I honestly don't buy the "it's going to be hard for devs to fix" excuse... especially when the idea of them being unable to duplicate it on their end is the reason for it.

My guess is that they automatically assume we're going to give days off on every single holiday... so that's why they aren't bothering to fix it. Meanwhile, quite a lot of people actually want realism in their games... which means some holidays still have work/school in session.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    No one is saying the bugs you have aren’t problems. I for one never said that but I don’t personally see most as major. I have a few of the bugs you do. The holiday one in particular, but come on that does not ruin the holiday feature and not even close to ruining the calendar. It’s pretty annoying sure but you do not have to travel on a holiday (it’s unfortunate on some but it’s not the end of the world). But I’m not saying I am happy they haven’t been fixed. But I understand it’s not easy and it takes time. Go ahead and assume that they aren’t being fixed. It’s an incredibly unfair assumption since I guess you are a programmer and know how long these things should take right? They have had bugs take a couple years to fix because they were hard for them to find in their games and repair. These mainly just happened two months ago. I’m not defending them fully at all, but I do understand how hard they work and how hard programming is, especially with a game as massive as sims.

Anyway I am done here. It feels like no matter what I say you don’t hear it, nor do you care to. Not even sure why I tried above. I was originally trying to help you and let you know your issues are being worked on (do I need to post twitter links?) but you refused to see that. I’m sorry your game isn’t what you want it to be, I truly am. I do hope these issues get fixed. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited August 2018
    Point 5 happens for me since get together to be honest.

Point 1 happens during random generated holidays too, even if they don't have the work off school or work option, try to send your sims to work and travel during the lottery or other random holidays.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There's really no need to be so defensive here, especially at me. In fact, I'm here SUPPORTING you.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    They fixed a couple of what I considered high priority bugs this patch in my opinion. The biggest being when you rotate to another household and your sim would be +99 freezing/burning to death even if they had the heatproof/iceproof traits. In regards to the holiday job bug, it isn't ideal, but if you do not load CAS, travel or reload the game while the sims are working they will finish their day fine.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    They fixed several major bugs today and they are constantly working on new fixes. We can expect a fix to the leaf piles in one of the upcoming patches.
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Point 5 happens for me since get together to be honest.

Point 1 happens during random generated holidays too, even if they don't have the work off school or work option, try to send your sims to work and travel during the lottery or other random holidays.

That's the issue I'm addressing though. It happens on all holidays where Sims are supposed to be at work or school. Yes, that includes the lottery and other pre-made holidays as well.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Brindleton wrote: »
    They fixed several major bugs today and they are constantly working on new fixes. We can expect a fix to the leaf piles in one of the upcoming patches.

lol I never said anything about leaf piles... that was someone else. And honestly, that doesn't really effect the gameplay... I'm talking about bugs that actually have an impact on the overall gameplay (including story telling).
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Drakos wrote: »
    They fixed a couple of what I considered high priority bugs this patch in my opinion. The biggest being when you rotate to another household and your sim would be +99 freezing/burning to death even if they had the heatproof/iceproof traits. In regards to the holiday job bug, it isn't ideal, but if you do not load CAS, travel or reload the game while the sims are working they will finish their day fine.

"but if you do not load CAS, travel or reload the game while the sims are working they will finish their day fine."

If I wanted to just not do any of that, then I wouldn't be complaining about it... I thought it was pretty obvious that I want to be able to have a certain Sim leave the house, while the others are at work/school... or something similar. I shouldn't have to avoid leaving the house or even exiting the game.

For example, on Valentine's Day, I should be able to send my kids to school, while the parents have a little romantic outing to a restaurant for brunch or something... and I should be able to do that while my kids remain in school.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It’s been said a million times, if they aren’t universal bugs, they often are harder to actually fix.

I have had nearly all of these bugs occur in my game, even today, after the patch. I checked on the game to see the new items, and immediately upon entering live mode, I've watched my Sims' pet get extremely needy. There is also still a bug where the pet is extremely loud (I hear it a floor down). In the same session, I've had a Sim eat pancakes decide to go play cards, I cancelled the interaction, yet she teleported there, while eating pancakes, continuing to play cards.

Reiterating, I've never played a Sims game with this many bugs at every turn. Even in short play sessions, I am able to run into many.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I have had nearly all of these bugs occur in my game, even today, after the patch. I checked on the game to see the new items, and immediately upon entering live mode, I've watched my Sims' pet get extremely needy. There is also still a bug where the pet is extremely loud (I hear it a floor down). In the same session, I've had a Sim eat pancakes decide to go play cards, I cancelled the interaction, yet she teleported there, while eating pancakes, continuing to play cards.

Reiterating, I've never played a Sims game with this many bugs at every turn. Even in short play sessions, I am able to run into many.

This game is becoming worse than Sims 3 when it comes to bugs... and that's honestly just sad. Especially since Sims 3 was basically known for its bugs... but Sims 4 is literally going down the same road... but possibly even worse.

However, at least Sims 3 actually had the open world and create a style to blame for its bugs, lag, etc... Sims 4 literally has none of that to fall back on. That's the awkward part of it all. When Sims 4 was first released, didn't the developers constantly boast about how it was "specifically made to work on older computers"? lol Wasn't that their excuse for why it didn't have open world or create a style in the first place?
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    There's really no need to be so defensive here, especially at me. In fact, I'm here SUPPORTING you.

I'm sorry... it seemed like you were trying to be sarcastic with me. I misread your original comment.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I haven’t noticed random hugging.

I do have the teleport glitch...

The rest I haven’t seen but they don’t really fit in to my typical play style.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m sorry but we all need to have patience. You must think fixing a bug especially a large one is easy? None of us have any idea how hard and complicated fixing these issues can be. Most of these issues have been around since the seasons patch, which is yes only two months. They fixed a ton of issues today for a lot of people. I had multiple bugs that I was so excited to have a fix for (overlapping thought bubbles, winter townie deaths, both parents needing to interact with toddlers and causing an issue) all three of those annoying and major issues were fixed.

Many bugs you mentioned have been addressed by the gurus though and they are working on them. The freezing is a universal issue (very rare with me but does happen) and is being worked on. According to the gurus it’s a complicated issue and they are trying to fix it. The teleporting has been tweeted about which says they are aware of it and are probably working on it. They are also aware of and working on the pet queue still being an issue for a few. I believe they are also aware of the holiday and work issue. The hugging I don’t know for sure on, but that is a bit annoying isn’t it? So updates on where they are on fixing these haven’t happened but they are fixing them. We just have to wait it out until they do.

I am very sorry you still have a lot of issues. I know being patient when you want to play the game properly is hard. However, they are aware of almost all these issues from what I have seen on Twitter. They are most likely working on fixes for these issues. Of course it be nice to know when, but they are busy trying to fix the bugs and don’t always have time to update us which is understandable. Also this was a wonderful patch today and we should be grateful for what did get fixed, not what hasn’t been yet. The amount of patches coming out says they are working incredibly hard to fix bugs and issues within the game. I for one am happy when any bugs get fixed.

Sorry but my patience is long gone since they CLEARLY have no interest in making fixes that matter. Take simulation lag for instance, nothing to do with specs but the engine itself and it hasn't been fixed for the entire time the sims 4 has been out.
    Don't go around and tell people to be patient. They have paid for content that the devs have broken with patches and they might never fix them according to a tweet from them.
    {EA_Lanna: Removed bait}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    I’m with you OP! I’m not playing or buying another Sims 4 pack until some of these bugs are fixed. Some people may not mind the needy pets and sims teleporting, but I do. And the simulation lag is so bad now.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2018
    I agree with the OP. One expansion has had four patches, FOUR patches and still major bugs remain. That’s unacceptable.

And I do know a few things about fixing game bugs, My Husband is a game developer that makes AAA games so I’m not saying it’s easy as abc. But four patches later we shouldn’t be having the issues described. I would tolerate it from an indie developer due to resources and budget but many indie titles are very well looked after by their devs and one that I’m playing in early access has less bugs than 4. And it’s got an open world and seasons in the base game.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • Options
    abs8872abs8872 Posts: 7 New Member
    Does anyone here know if we still have the bug where your sim can't use the washing machine nor dryer if there are shelves placed on the wall above them? I haven't played in a long time because of that bug alone (it messed up many of my builds). I have everything up to and including Seasons.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m with you OP! I’m not playing or buying another Sims 4 pack until some of these bugs are fixed. Some people may not mind the needy pets and sims teleporting, but I do. And the simulation lag is so bad now.

Same here. Until they fix the non-interactive sims bug, I'm out. I will not be spending anymore money on new content. From sims being lively and active and going to lifeless and mindless as a result to the patch before Seasons is just totally ruining the game for me.
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I like this patch a lot.

However, two words:

Leaf piles. :s

Those are being worked on.
  • Options
    Simmer1028Simmer1028 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've experienced almost ALL of those bugs too! Has anyone experienced these?

*When your adult sim tries to use their phone it says "toddlers can't use phones".
    *After exiting build mode, the bar at the bottom of the screen has disappeared.
    *(Adding on to the last one) Once the bar disappears, you can't go to the main menu or anything else, forcing me to force quit the game without saving.

At this point I've stopped playing until these bugs are fixed>
  • Options
    Simmer1028 wrote: »
    I've experienced almost ALL of those bugs too! Has anyone experienced these?

*When your adult sim tries to use their phone it says "toddlers can't use phones".
    *After exiting build mode, the bar at the bottom of the screen has disappeared.
    *(Adding on to the last one) Once the bar disappears, you can't go to the main menu or anything else, forcing me to force quit the game without saving.

At this point I've stopped playing until these bugs are fixed>

I think I remember experiencing the last one you listed... at least once before. I had to exit the game without saving because there was literally no other way of leaving the game. These bugs are extremely annoying... and it certainly doesn't matter how often they occur. They should definitely still be fixed.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with the OP. One expansion has had four patches, FOUR patches and still major bugs remain. That’s unacceptable.

And I do know a few things about fixing game bugs, My Husband is a game developer that makes AAA games so I’m not saying it’s easy as abc. But four patches later we shouldn’t be having the issues described. I would tolerate it from an indie developer due to resources and budget but many indie titles are very well looked after by their devs and one that I’m playing in early access has less bugs than 4. And it’s got an open world and seasons in the base game.

That's exactly the point I'm making! Thank you! It's good to know that some people are agreeing about how ridiculous this is!

I have NEVER seen a game be more broken than this one... and that says a lot (especially since The Sims in general is often known for bugs and glitches)... but 'Seasons' for this specific game has broken it more than I've ever seen before! Even in Sims 3, I've never seen an expansion pack break the game as much as this one has... and it's extremely disappointing. I was really excited to play 'Seasons' when it was first announced... but the bugs completely ruined the experience for me.

And yeah, FOUR patches since the expansion pack was released... and we still have all these major bugs. That honestly is NOT acceptable! Also, I recall once seeing a tweet from one of the gurus that specifically said they basically reserve the right to never fix a bug if they don't want to... and that's what truly disappoints, upsets, and kinda scares me about the future of this game. That means these specific bugs that we're experiencing may literally NEVER be fixed... I wish they would at least tell us whether or not they're going to fix a certain bug. That would be much better... but they know they'll lose money and fans if they did that... which is probably exactly why they're being all quiet about it.

This game is going down the same path as Sims 3... with many bugs left untouched. Except this one might become even worse! And like I said in another comment, at least Sims 3 had the open world and create a style to blame for its constant bugs and overall lag... Sims 4 literally has no excuse. Especially since the developers said themselves that this game was (apparently) supposed to be created for "older computers" and it was (again, apparently) supposed to "run on lower end machines"... so they really have no excuses for all of this.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

The lag is definitely one thing I don't understand... like I said before, at least Sims 3 had the open world and create a style to blame for the lag. So that game kinda gets a "pass" for the way it is... but Sims 4 was specifically created for lower end machines and was supposed to be capable of functioning well on older computers (according to the developers when it was first released), so I'm really curious to see what their excuses will be this time.

I mean, I'll literally be playing the game at 60 fps... but then the fps will suddenly drop to like 15-20 just because I zoomed in on a table. That's not normal.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg