Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifeless and non-interactive sims...

rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
######################################################################################################
GURUS AND DEVS please give us a sign that you are looking into this issue. This bug was introduced into the game with that patch just before Seasons, and it's totally ruining the game...
######################################################################################################

Are you experiencing this bug? Sims are no longer interacting with each other in bars, coffee shops, etc? They will buy their drinks etc but they don't talk with each other anymore as a result to the patch before Seasons. The error happens with all content disabled and no mods as well. Clearing the cache and repairing the game doesn't resolve the issue either.

I have submitted this bug to EA via email, and I also posted it on the EA help center below. The topic has been flagged with "input needed," so please let them know and post your feedback in the forum topic (link below) if you are experiencing this bug so they can hopefully fix this issue.

If you are experiencing this issue, please report the bug at the link below so that it gets the attention of the devs. This is the topic I created at the EA help center where they read about these kinds of issues.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-are-no-longer-interacting-with-each-other-in/m-p/6937397#M69361

This issue is pretty much the reason why I haven't played lately, as I am waiting for it to get fixed. Before the patch, Sims were lively and interacting with each other, now they just seem to be pretty much lifeless.

UPDATE (August 16th 2018 Patch):
The Sims are still not interacting with each other, and they still don't seem to be doing too much...
https://youtu.be/IHtEHKt5dDs

UPDATE (July 31st 2018 Patch):
Sims are still not interacting. I spent a few minutes watching sims do absolutely nothing as shown in the video...
https://youtu.be/UmMPw6AOLvc

Below are two videos, one before the patch and where the Sims are lively and interactive, and the other where the Sims are lifeless and are not interacting with each other.

Interactive Sims Before the Patch Before Seasons:
https://youtu.be/8V1luqTe3oI

Non-Interactive Sims After the Patch Before Seasons:
https://youtu.be/wLZpeiwuURA
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Lifeless and non-interactive sims... 41 votes

Yes
73% 30 votes
No
26% 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Yes I noticed today in a restaurant. All the sims dining together just sat eating in silence, and between meals they don’t chat with each other.

Also all the fine out socials have disappeared, such as feed a bite. :/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    Yes I noticed today in a restaurant. All the sims dining together just sat eating in silence, and between meals they don’t chat with each other.

Hello @JPsimmer
    For the feed a bite social to appear the Sims need to be sitting side by side, with food in front of them but not eating the food.
    If you haven’t already tested doing it this way, see if that helps to make the social appear.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes, I have noticed this a lot. They once talked too much and now rarely talk at all unless you make them. Even family members rarely talk to each other anymore.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @JPsimmer
    For the feed a bite social to appear the Sims need to be sitting side by side, with food in front of them but not eating the food.
    If you haven’t already tested doing it this way, see if that helps to make the social appear.

Oh I totally forgot it only appears before they start eating. Thanks rosemow!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @JPsimmer

Oh I totally forgot it only appears before they start eating. Thanks rosemow!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Yes I find it quite annoying, especially since friendships have to maintained with more user directed interactions makes the process of keeping friendship a more grinding task. Plus the friendship decay seems to be faster too. You just can't have a party, date or invite a sim over without watching to see if they are talking or not, especially bad if you have a full household of sims.
  • Options
    Chris242Chris242 Posts: 2 New Member
    Well for me my sims take 3 sim hours to do anything i tell them do i dont have mods or cc this happenes with every sim
  • Options
    Chris242 wrote: »
    Well for me my sims take 3 sim hours to do anything i tell them do i dont have mods or cc this happenes with every sim

Hello @Chris242
    There are some suggestions in the first post of this AHQ EA thread that may help. You may also like to post feedback on the thread also
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag-Seasons-Patch/m-p/6918287#M68264

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Here is another video I took just after updating TS4 with the July 31st 2018 patch. I spent a few minutes just looking at sims doing absolutely nothing. The game is broken... I don't know, but I have a feeling the devs are just gonna ignore this like they did for the teleporting sims issue which many others addressed a while back. I've been a fan of TS4 since launch and have bought everything as soon as the content became available, but If they don't fix these issues, mainly the lifeless interactive sims, I feel there really is no point or value in investing in future content for a broken game...

NOTE: I did a full download and reinstall of everything, and I am not using any mods.

https://youtu.be/UmMPw6AOLvc
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    This is a enough of a reason for me NOT to install the update. I've learnt to see what happens before changing the game to something that annoys me even more and breaks the mods that make it playable. B)
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    We as a community need to be WAY more picky and demand quality and stop accepting this because if you still buy packs after reading a tweet that states a lot of bugs will go unfixed then honestly you deserve a buggy game.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @rjssim Yup - that video says it all. That is even a cub meeting where they are supposed to be directed autonomously to interact with other sims or objects but they just sit or stand there making noises to themselves. I do not know when this started but it does seem to have gotten progressively worse.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Oh btw yes I experience this ALL the time so I only build now as imo live mode is unplayable.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    But at least we get to enjoy peace and quiet..right? No! This is stupid! I have to MAKE my Sims talk to eachother to get any interaction now...back in Sims 1,Sims always interacted with eachother,no matter what. Why can't Sims 4 be more like Sims 1 and be enjoyable again?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Yes, I posted about this myself a long time ago. I experimented and found that if I uninstalled everything but the base game, sims went back to babbling to one another. My newest theory is that somewhere during the expansions, priority shifted away from socializing to things like drinking and dancing when out and about.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I suspect the never-ending stream of unwanted, invisible holidays (like Lottery Day and Neighborhood Brawl) has something to do with locking up the game resources. I hate lotteries. Who actually thought this was a good idea for a holiday???

80% of players are having the same issues with the game. A new update comes out. Instead of addressing the problem, the update allows vampires to go outside in the sun as long as they have an umbrella. It's like giving a lollipop to someone who is bleeding to death from an open wound.

At least Sims 3 is working now. Kind of. (Since my SPs disappeared on that game, don't expect me to buy any more for it.)
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    In my game they are interacting less, but interaction is not completely non-existent. I took a sim to a bar and there was one gal who struck up a conversation with another gal autonomously. But not several ongoing interactions like your "before" video.

I also took a sim to a cafe, and they weren't really interacting there, but they were moving around a lot more than the sims in your most recent video. In your video they look stuck - maybe it's a bug that shows up in certain configurations?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    rjssim wrote: »
    This issue is pretty much the reason why I haven't played lately, as I am waiting for it to get fixed. Before the patch, Sims were lively and interacting with each other, now they just seem to be pretty much lifeless.

I feel the same way. I tried to play last night and this bug entirely breaks the immersion of Live mode for me. I have spent a lot of money on this game and I can't play and enjoy it, it just isn't fun anymore because of the bugs. My heart sinks every time I read the patch notes.

I hope more people can vote on this thread and bring it to their attention.

EDIT: You can "Me too" this issue here > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-are-no-longer-interacting-with-each-other-in/m-p/6937397#M69361

• Options
    edited August 2018
    rjssim wrote: »

My heart sinks every time I read the patch notes.

EDIT: You can "Me too" this issue here > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-are-no-longer-interacting-with-each-other-in/m-p/6937397#M69361

Yup, it's a heavy feeling alright. I've loved the game since the release in 2014, I'm probably one of the biggest TS4 fans out there, my story has been going on since release as well. I have bought everything up to date. I usually like to stay positive or neutral and not criticize. Up until the patch before Seasons, I haven't had nothing negative to say about TS4, even with some of the other issues people have been experiencing beforehand. However, this has reached the point where it does bother me.

Okay, so the teleportation bug was brought up right after the patch before seasons. It was addressed by many of us simmers. Two patches later, the devs just still ignore it. The teleporting sims isn't a game breaker for me, but it sure is inconvenient when your trying to record a video for your story... The non-interacting sims is when things really began to bother me. Indeed, this absolutely ruins the excitement and liveliness of the game. As shown in my videos, they don't interact with each other.

As of the latest patch, I and other simmers can't even take screenshots anymore because when you press C the images now become blurry... This absolutely makes the game unplayable for me because my story relies heavily on images, between 3-5 per post for my story. What's even more concerning is that I just read a comment yesterday which showed a tweet that the devs said they are not even gonna fix certain bugs, and won't tell us which ones... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16647209/#Comment_16647209

So, does this mean that the teleportation bug and the non-interactive sims bug aren't gonne be fixed? Are they included on that list of bugs which they won't tell anyone that are not gonna be fixed? This is quite worrisome and bothersome... Also, are we gonna have to wait another month for the devs to fix that blurry screenshot bug, the one which affects all of us simmers who have stories that are going on?

Anyways, that's enough ranting for me, I think I said everything I needed to as positive and constructive as I can. I really do hope they get these bugs fixed, especially the non-interactive sims and the screenshot bugs because this game isn't cheap, and I don't want to throw my money away on a broken game... :/
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • Options
    I completely understand your frustration. It's okay to complain sometimes; we are all paying customers at the end of the day and sometimes when there are bugs that are breaking the game and the developers aren't acknowledging, well, it's difficult for us to give constructive feedback.

I'm a long time fan of the series since 2000. I have always enjoyed the game up until recently. I found another bug today :( So I'm gonna create a new thread and see if anyone else is affected. This sounds crazy but I've not actually been playing the game properly since Seasons, but just testing and troubleshooting the bugs I'm getting.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Why in the world don't they test these patches BEFORE they put them out there?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

Well, at least when it comes to this, it's kind of hard to test for something like this because it's not like they know what they're looking for. If they're only testing it for a short while, the whole non-interactivity can be subtle if they're not actively searching for the specific problem. Sims just standing there freezing and doing absolutely nothing is one thing, but Sims just casually going to the bar and doing autonomous things at the bar but not talk is another.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I am not experiencing this bug.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    catitude5 wrote: »

Well, at least when it comes to this, it's kind of hard to test for something like this because it's not like they know what they're looking for. If they're only testing it for a short while, the whole non-interactivity can be subtle if they're not actively searching for the specific problem. Sims just standing there freezing and doing absolutely nothing is one thing, but Sims just casually going to the bar and doing autonomous things at the bar but not talk is another.

But it seems that it's happening to people who have no mods as well.
  • Options
    Are they planning on fixing this or is this something we have to live with?