Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calendar and Festivals

I wonder why the festivals don't appear on the family calendars. I was convinced they would, because I can never remember which day each one is supposed to appear on. Perhaps the gurus can implement this for the next patch?
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited August 2018
    Good point, they really should be on the calendar. I guess they are meant to be like surprises, but they could show even if they get there only a couple sim days in advance.

I think there are several areas where the Season EP is not thoroughly integrated with other EPs. Like electronics breaking in the rain (Windenburg outdoors parties + the tech festival in San Myshuno. And there are systems (ie the club icons) that could be better updated to reflect the new features. The weather forecast TV could have shown the prognoses fo the other worlds. Needing to travel there to check the weather seems a tad tedious. I also find it strange that no wal hanging calendars were added with the Seasons EP, I still only have the cat&dog calendar from Cats and dogs ep, plus the Sims in uniform calendar from GTW.

Perhaps we like the calendar feature better than they expected?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    I think it's an oversight not to put them in, personally. To be fair, I have only played with Seasons for about 2 hours, but it would be amazing to have a better way to track the festivals. It would also be really cool if the Romance Festival coincided with Love Day.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Tracking festivals would be awesome as they pop up at the most inconvenient times. I agree about getting weather for other towns. My sim went to see his girl and son - ended up in a terrible thunderstorm, he was soaked by the time he got to her door. His son was outside playing in the storm.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    It would be nice to have the festivals on the calendar. Most of the time, when I skip them, it's because I wasn't aware the festival was that day and had my sim caught up in something else.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    It would be nice to have the festivals on the calendar. Most of the time, when I skip them, it's because I wasn't aware the festival was that day and had my sim caught up in something else.

Exactly
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd like the option to plan my sim's day around the festival if I feel like sending them, instead of waiting for the notification to pop up. Most of my sims live in houses rather than apartments so I don't get to use the noticeboard for festival times very often.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Festivals are on a set schedule, they are different for each game but once you know them you can plan your holidays around them. For example I have my seasons set to 14 days. Love Day always on the last day of Spring (Saturday) which is always the same day the Romance Festival happens. This might help to figure out your festival days Carls Guide Festivals
  • Options
    Festivals are on a set schedule, they are different for each game but once you know them you can plan your holidays around them. For example I have my seasons set to 14 days. Love Day always on the last day of Spring (Saturday) which is always the same day the Romance Festival happens. This might help to figure out your festival days Carls Guide Festivals

Thanks
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Festivals are purposely not to be on the calendar. I’m gonna look for the tweet or post but one of the mods already answered this.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I feel like it'd be cluttered to have every festival on the calendar since each one happens every week. There'd literally be the same thing every week through all seasons.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    My festivals are often random. Like this past Sims week my Sim had just the High Jinx festival and the Spice festival. Last week she had the flea Market, the Spice festival again, and then the Romance Festival. This week they had nothing for 4 days then had the one with the Electronic ones, then nothing for 3 days, and then another flea market with nothing on the tables, just 2 sofa's, 1 chair and 4 tall lamps on the rugs. Seem like when it hit the last hour 3 desk lamps popped up on 1 table but no seller to be found. Not that I wanted one - it was just the point. I also am not finding any packing boxes my sims can look through for snow globes either - not since at least we got Vampires. I know I checked every where. The deco ones don't allow checking.

There does not seem to be regular sequencing. Also isn't there supposed to be an art festival? I have not seen one announced in ages. But I get flea markets a lot, the spice festival a lot, and the Hi Jinx (which is the most boring one to me) - My fav is the Electronic one - and it seem it takes forever to get another one of those.

I know we once had art festivals as I recall my sim doing the street art and did a painting on an easel for a contest as well. Where'd it go?

But how are you going to have these on the calendar when they suddenly start going random.

I don't use cheats, mods, or CC ever either.

I also do not have any sims living in apts - maybe that has something to do with it - but I don't care for the Apts, I get too annoyed with the limits of trying to make it my own - so I just send sims to the CL venues and the festivales. Maybe you have to live there to have more regular festivals. I have no clue. I just know I cannot plan on having any in my game. It's always a surprise.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Shinzen wrote: »
    I feel like it'd be cluttered to have every festival on the calendar since each one happens every week. There'd literally be the same thing every week through all seasons.

I still think it would be helpful, personally.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Thinking more about this, maybe I'm glad it's the way it is. I think the festivals being random adds to the city vibe, you suddenly run into an advertisement or the event itself, in a city you do get involved with lots of sudden events, or you choose to let it pass. And seeing other saying they are weekly, I agree it would crap the calendar, I had no idea they are that often, so I obviously miss lots of them, LOL. In a city-like way that's cool :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited August 2018
    The festival schedule is actually not random, and that there is an actual algorithm of the scheduling. Why else would the Flea Market always come on the Sunday after the Romance Festival does the previous Saturday? A player here actually tracked the entire schedule on their own somewhere in the things you didn't know thread, but it's buried in there and I wouldn't know what to search for. This is close, but not actually much a schedule correlating with the others: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Festivals
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png