Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Now Available 7/31

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm glad they claim the pet stretching by gifts bug that I reported is fixed. I can only hope that it's true, but I won't know until my game finishes downloading the patch in 30 years :D .
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm downloading too.. glad I pulled out the mods I was playing around with about a week ago.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    So does anyone know if this update broke any mods?

Yes, it broke the UI Cheat Extension mod. It makes the game freeze when you download an item from the gallery.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Does anyone know if mccc still works? After the stress I had with UI Cheats, I'm afraid to put it back into my game :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if mccc still works? After the stress I had with UI Cheats, I'm afraid to put it back into my game :D

Deaderpool is usually quick to fix any conflicts - keep an eye on his updates.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I am happy with this. I wasn’t expecting anything big and just yesterday I was having a hard time with the gallery. By that I mean the organization was a mess and makes it hard to find things which it always has been. It seems like it was improved so I’m cool with that. I wasn’t expecting anything huge gameplay wise. Also the bug fixes are great and I am thrilled about the sink/preparing food one.
    Yes I have bugs that weren’t fixed but I also know they will be fixed down the line. You have no idea what they are working on fixing nor do you know how long it takes to fix. I am patiently waiting for things to be patched in and enjoying my game anyway. Honestly origin is causing me more problems at the moment than the game itself.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh, yay, patch day! And wait—now vampires can use umbrellas? Awesome! :smiley:

I love using the gallery, so I’m happy with the updates to it. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I love the new Gallery!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,658 Member
    I don't even use the Gallery that much. XD

The only great thing about this patch is the easel thing.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    And they're STILL ignoring many bugs that have been occurring in our games for over a month now... this is the THIRD patch we've gotten since 'Seasons' broke the game... and they still haven't fixed many bugs:

1) The bug that causes Sims to come home from school/work early during a holiday if another Sim travels to a different lot.
    2) The bug that causes Pets to be extra needy and constantly fill up our Sims' queues (which they claim has been fixed, but still happens).
    3) The bug that causes Sims to randomly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.
    4) The bug that causes Sims to teleport all over the place (especially when doing dishes).

I'm sure there are many more... but these are specific ones I've been experiencing (and still am). These bugs makes this game nearly impossible to enjoy! And they make the game almost unplayable! WHEN WILL THEY FIX THESE!?

6) The bug that causes toddlers being fed in the high chair while indoors during a T-storm act like they are outside and get the "running in from the storm" action, which then makes adult put them in, take them out, put them in, take them out, etc, etc.

7) The bug that causes pets to be literally looking AT THE FOOD DISH and be in the orange because they can't find their food.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    And they're STILL ignoring many bugs that have been occurring in our games for over a month now... this is the THIRD patch we've gotten since 'Seasons' broke the game... and they still haven't fixed many bugs:

1) The bug that causes Sims to come home from school/work early during a holiday if another Sim travels to a different lot.
    2) The bug that causes Pets to be extra needy and constantly fill up our Sims' queues (which they claim has been fixed, but still happens).
    3) The bug that causes Sims to randomly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.
    4) The bug that causes Sims to teleport all over the place (especially when doing dishes).

I'm sure there are many more... but these are specific ones I've been experiencing (and still am). These bugs makes this game nearly impossible to enjoy! And they make the game almost unplayable! WHEN WILL THEY FIX THESE!?

6) The bug that causes toddlers being fed in the high chair while indoors during a T-storm act like they are outside and get the "running in from the storm" action, which then makes adult put them in, take them out, put them in, take them out, etc, etc.

7) The bug that causes pets to be literally looking AT THE FOOD DISH and be in the orange because they can't find their food.

8) The "bug" that causes parents to always watch the kids channel even though they become bored from it (I really hope it's a bug and not intended).

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    Am I the only one who honestly finds it extremely ironic and laughable that the gallery is having issues right now? lol I mean, they kinda hyped everyone for this "big update"... which turned out to be all about the gallery. And yet, it's the gallery that ended up being broken because of this patch. And they even did a live stream... lol

TBH, I fully expected the gallery to break amongst other things. It's the EA way. I seriously don't understand how in the world these patches break other parts of the game. I want to know what kind of systems they are testing these patches on where these bugs aren't happening to them prior to release. But outside of that I thought when Sims 4 was first released they stated that they were making it to accommodate lower end systems. I thought that was the reason for taking away certain features like open worlds. I have a high end gaming system and I still have bugs, I feel so sorry for those that have lower end systems expecting to be able to actually play their paid for content. I would feel like I'd been lied to just to get my coins. I'm just baffled. I've already decided to no longer support this series with my hard earned dollars. There's not enough ROI in it for me.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who honestly finds it extremely ironic and laughable that the gallery is having issues right now? lol I mean, they kinda hyped everyone for this "big update"... which turned out to be all about the gallery. And yet, it's the gallery that ended up being broken because of this patch. And they even did a live stream... lol

TBH, I fully expected the gallery to break amongst other things. It's the EA way. I seriously don't understand how in the world these patches break other parts of the game. I want to know what kind of systems they are testing these patches on where these bugs aren't happening to them prior to release. But outside of that I thought when Sims 4 was first released they stated that they were making it to accommodate lower end systems. I thought that was the reason for taking away certain features like open worlds. I have a high end gaming system and I still have bugs, I feel so sorry for those that have lower end systems expecting to be able to actually play their paid for content. I would feel like I'd been lied to just to get my coins. I'm just baffled. I've already decided to no longer support this series with my hard earned dollars. There's not enough ROI in it for me.

A mod was the cause for the gallery breaking though, so the devs didn't have anything to do with this. But you're right with the rest, I also have a computer you could call a gaming system, yet I also have almost all the bugs people talk about, my game starts lagging after having it running in the background for some time, and the loading screens aren't that short like they used to be. I don't mind the absence of open worlds though, I would be okay with open districts, but open worlds weren't that great for me, I just realized that after getting TS4.

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Bugs in game have nothing to do with your gaming system.. that's not how it works...

• Options
    Alyza_1Alyza_1 Posts: 311 Member
    Why did they remove Breast Feed? I'm only getting Bottle Feed.
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Bugs in game have nothing to do with your gaming system.. that's not how it works...

I'm being dead serious here. Explain to me how it works because I'd seriously like to know. My game works much better with less issues since I upgraded to a gaming system last year, so naturally I'd assume the system played a part. But I'm open to understanding because I'm seriously baffled. Thanks.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    It was my mistake for getting hyped and actually assuming it was going to be an update that would change my overall game play. :( Like others have mentioned before, why not just mention it was a gallery update instead of keeping it a secret? They always claim that they're listening to our feedback but sometimes I find it hard to believe.

I did not ask for a gallery update, nor did I see a lot of players requesting for one.

Idk what they were thinking, It's probably easier and cheaper to do a gallery revamp.. TS4 has been building a steady reputation for taking the easier and cheaper way out.

tenor.gif
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2018
    Alyza_1 wrote: »
    Why did they remove Breast Feed? I'm only getting Bottle Feed.
    Have you got any mods that could be conflicting with the code for breast feeding? I haven't got any families with babies right now to check if it's a universal problem.

I have no complaints about the patch. They can't fix everything in one swoop. Their main mistake was announcing the stream too early but they've acknowledged that already.

The only odd thing I've noticed is are the hashtags supposed to work like this:
    LqldV8Y.png

Post edited by RadioAChicken on
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    amexeamexe Posts: 2 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with the gallery since the update? I'm attempting to place a lot from the gallery, and after trying to do so, it will not let me exit the screen despite clicking on the 'x" in the corner. I've exited and restarted multiple times to no avail.
  • Options
    amexeamexe Posts: 2 New Member
    > @amexe said:
    > Is anyone else having issues with the gallery since the update? I'm attempting to place a lot from the gallery, and after trying to do so, it will not let me exit the screen despite clicking on the 'x" in the corner. I've exited and restarted multiple times to no avail.

Okay, nevermind. I definitely should have read further before I asked. :neutral:
  • Options
    LivyLeighLivyLeigh Posts: 4 New Member
    Anyone else having their game continuously crash since this update??
    Have removed all mods etc, base game keeps crashing.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,641 Member
    edited August 2018
    LivyLeigh wrote: »
    Anyone else having their game continuously crash since this update??
    Have removed all mods etc, base game keeps crashing.

Hello @LivyLeigh

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Is it just me or does the new gallery seem slower? Maybe my internet is poo poo. I don't know. I also noticed that I can't find any of my uploads on my catalog. I was hoping I would find them since I just reformatted my hard drive and lost everything due to a PC issue. I was going to just download my lots and sims from the gallery when I got my game reinstalled.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    ashleyistiredofthisashleyistiredofthis Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, is anyone having problems updating to the new patch or with purchasing and downloading Seasons since the patch? Because I sure am. :s

I added some cash cards from Origin on to my account and was excited to buy Seasons and update to the newest patch. I successfully purchased the Seasons expansion and got an email receipt for it. (Of course when you throw money at them, it always works... Sorry, I'm mad right now.)

Then I logged in to Origin and went to download the new expansion and update. Update did not go through. All it did was say "verifying.." and then popped up with "Can't download at this time" or something like that. It's not even showing that I own Seasons on Origin. But I definitely bought it and have an email receipt.

I continued trying for about an hour, and tried the chat with EA support (no help really, one said it's a known issue and please be patient. Another said try downloading in safe mode. Which I did, and no difference.) and now I'm giving up for a while.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Hello, is anyone having problems updating to the new patch or with purchasing and downloading Seasons since the patch? Because I sure am. :s

I added some cash cards from Origin on to my account and was excited to buy Seasons and update to the newest patch. I successfully purchased the Seasons expansion and got an email receipt for it. (Of course when you throw money at them, it always works... Sorry, I'm mad right now.)

Then I logged in to Origin and went to download the new expansion and update. Update did not go through. All it did was say "verifying.." and then popped up with "Can't download at this time" or something like that. It's not even showing that I own Seasons on Origin. But I definitely bought it and have an email receipt.

I continued trying for about an hour, and tried the chat with EA support (no help really, one said it's a known issue and please be patient. Another said try downloading in safe mode. Which I did, and no difference.) and now I'm giving up for a while.

Anyone else?

Sadly, I don't have a solution for you, but thanks for mentioning this issue. I was planning on buying Seasons, but maybe I'll hold off a bit longer because of stuff like this. Hopefully, they can help you out sooner than later so you can enjoy Seasons.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*