Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Still Use Clubs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2018
    I only use holidays.
    I never had any interest in the clubs, my sims never once joined or created one, and it's not looking like I will anytime soon. I use the holidays, but keep the traditions to a minimum, they're more for giving my sims more days off.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    I don't have Seasons yet, but when I do get it, I know I will use both.

I don't care about the clubs themselves, I'm all for the benefits. Couldn't care less about the party atmosphere - it's the family play I'm going for. My families have their own clubs and rack up points just by doing things they would do normally anyway while being at home. I take advantage of the perks without any extra effort on my part.
    Rally the Troops keeps them going to do anything and everything they need to do and beyond. I can change the club vibe to make it easier to complete aspiration tasks, etc...

Adding holidays will simply add to the basic interactions within their clubs and keep the points coming! ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    I only use holidays.
    I clicked I only use Holidays - but I never used clubs so it is not as if I used clubs and stopped - I just choose from day one not to use clubs as I am not the kind of player that enjoys using sims in Sync under a set of specific rules like clubs in Sims 4 work. I prefer a more natural way of playing - but that is just me. I will also say I am glad the game offers the options so I can play my way and others can play their way by using clubs. It is a great option and allows the player to rule how they prefer.

I would say if we had University already - I would have been interested in having University type clubs - and so I can see it as useful in that respect. I hope at least that will work.

When we finally got toddlers - for the first time since GT came out I saw how having a club might have been great as well, only to get disappointed when I discovered we could not have Mommy and Me, or Daddy and me clubs or even play date clubs for toddlers. So thus far I have seen no use in clubs for my play style - but regardless I am still glad the option for them exists and hopefully if we ever get a University - then maybe it will be usable there for me. I still can't understand why no parent and toddler clubs or toddler play date clubs - That baffles me seeing they are everywhere in the real world -

https://365atlantatraveler.com/mommy-and-me-classes/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited July 2018
    I use clubs and holidays.
    Definitely! Clubs and holidays are awesome and allow me to further customize my gameplay.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I find holidays more or less pointless, while clubs are absolutely essential, and all my sims are members of three clubs all the time.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BurittooosimsBurittooosims Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the clubs in get together so almost all of my sims are in clubs but its kind of unfortunate that I always forget to start a gathering or I never have time for them.
  • Options
    BurittooosimsBurittooosims Posts: 4 New Member
    > @calaprfy said:
    > I use clubs in conjunction with holidays. I may have a watch sports day for my Bro club, for example. My fighting club suits Neighbourhood Brawl. And I'll have a skill club gathering on New Skill Day and watch the skill levels soar!

Oh that is a great idea! I may use this aswell.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Definitely both! I still love to use clubs, it's a great way for sims to gain friends, skills, spouses, etc. My favorites are the kids & teens clubs so that they'll get their homework done and meet people their age. I have gardening clubs, "neighborhood beautification clubs," skills & hobby clubs. It's my favorite way to get my sims together.

For some of the holidays, like New Years or Leisure Day, I have my sims invite their club members over to make it a rockin' bash. It's a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited July 2018
    Both, these two features are like black and white. Pepper and salt. Earth and water and can hardly be interchanged for each other. Both are lovely features that give our Sims varied social functions and activities. For instance, I created an alien club and my second bowling league club yesterday, I have two in each save I am playing in currently--and I have created a few nice holidays throughout all of the calendar for one of my Saves.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I mostly use clubs to keep family members together and make gatherings easier. And to help my children sims make friends.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I only use holidays.
    I have never really liked the clubs. I've used them on occasion. Once or twice to see how they worked. Once or twice because the current challenge I'm doing requires them. I do love the build/buy items though.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    There are so many uses for clubs, even if it's just to populate community Lots with NPC's, I don't understand why everyone doesn't love them!

Eg. my sim visited the library the other day and, sure enough, there was a teen study group gathering there to read, write and do homework. It makes community Lots so much more interesting when they get full up with activity.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Love clubs and love holidays.
  • Options
    makorthawatmakorthawat Posts: 18 Member
    I only use holidays.
    i rarely use club.but if i want to kill sims. i will use it
  • Options
    TheFroggieTheFroggie Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi ^_^

I use the clubs diverted from their main goal to bypass gameplay linear boundaries (the more "sandboxy" "The Sims" are, the better the game is):
    - A club is a game mechanism that allows to invoke (eventually on a specific lot) a group of sims and make them practicing (or prohibit them to do so) specific activites until you decide otherwise,
    - A retail store is a game mechanism that allows you to own multiple lots as the same household.

Combining these two features you can play more "sandboxy" and less linearly:

Examples given:
    - Make your family have family activities (add them in a "Family" club)
    - Bypass the too linear scientist career by creating your own science lab lot and club to simulate the same career (take control of the households of club members co-workers to give them the "shrewd" reward trait and add their household some simoleons so this will emulate wages).
    - Meet several groups of friends for specific outdoor activites, etc.
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Clubs are good way to make and keep friends, especially for kids and teens. At least, that is what I do.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    I only use holidays.
    I've toyed with clubs, but I'm never really happy with them. Now, if I could figure out how to get my Sims entire family involved in a club, so that I could call them to a family function, that would be cool. But, apparently, I don't fully 'get' the club system. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    I use clubs every now and then, but I use holidays a lot more than clubs. But, I do like both of them.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    mhm yes

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member

Buuuuuut, ...my clubs rarely meet. :#:#:# Oops!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I still feel this question doesn't make sense (to me). It's like asking "Now when they've invented cars, do you still eat food?"
    It is two completely different mechanics.

One is a system to force sims to socialize, gain skills without supervision (and with bonuses) and do things they normally hates without the option to complain.
    The other is a repacking of the goal-oriented dating and party system where you have to manually make the sims do things in order to gain points on a board.

In essence they are the exact opposite of each other. One REMOVES micro-management. The other doubles-down on it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek